Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    When Kirk Cousins threw an overtime pick-6 that cost the Redskins the game against Atlanta last Sunday, it sounded like head coach Jay Gruden was defending his QB in postgame comments and throughout much of the week leading up to the Jets game. After a second consecutive bad outing from Cousins against the Jets, Gruden again backed up his QB. Here's a sampling of the most relevant quotes.
    On the interceptions:

• "His first interception was a simple three-man concept on one side and then a two-man on the left and he looked right, was covered, and he went back to the left and threw a late ball in the flat against a roll-up corner which can't happen, obviously."
    • "Unfortunately on that one he didn't see Revis and he made a great play."
    • "The second one was 3rd down and long and he took a shot. That one was not as bad."
    • "So that was like a long punt, actually, on third and long."

On how much longer the Redskins can live with multiple INTs:

• "I'd like to see what happens when we get our full cast of characters back. But there were some opportunities there for Kirk to make some plays and I think he missed some throws. He threw an interception that, obviously, was a tough throw. But we have invested a lot of time this season in Kirk and we'd like to see the film before we move forward with any kind of crazy decisions. We stand behind Kirk."

More on Cousins' first interception:

• "I'll have to check the film out, and he came back late. That's tough. He's not the only quarterback in history that's made a poor decision or a poor throw and it won't be the last he does it. He's a young quarterback and he'll learn from it. We all will."

Any reasons for Cousins' mistakes?

• "I'll have to look at the film. Like I said, it was also a little windy. Also, he had a lot of pressure on him really. There were a lot of things going on pre-snap that he's got to deal with, getting the formations, the protections, all that."
    • "They (Jets) played pretty vanilla today.'
    • "I think he hurried on some throws he didn't have to, or maybe he did, but I'll have to look at the film."
    • "Overall, you hate to pin this game on Kirk. I know he could have played better, but we had no running game whatsoever, and Kirk's not in that stage of his career right now, nor is anybody on our roster, to carry our team throwing the ball as much as we would have had to today."

Is Cousins the starter going forward?

• "Yes. That's the intent."

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/redski...bcs&ocid=yahoo

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cousins is terrible. He is terribly inaccurate at times on simple throws. Seem like most often when he needs them to extend a possession.

Redskins are a mess.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i sense butthurt

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Gruden is a dead man walking who can't really do anything other than stick with cousins and pray. Even if RG3 came back and played well, gruden loses his job for picking cousins over him to start the year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Their running game is terrible, like 3.9 per carry and already 4 fumbles. They also rush a lot, considering Cousins is awful. Defenses are stacking the box and letting Cousins check down all game, which he is more than happy to do. It's a disaster, but the onus is on the OC and the GM tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Their running game is terrible, like 3.9 per carry and already 4 fumbles. They also rush a lot, considering Cousins is awful. Defenses are stacking the box and letting Cousins check down all game, which he is more than happy to do. It's a disaster, but the onus is on the OC and the GM tbh
    The ANUS!?!??!?!

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    meh, the Redskins will always be the 4th team in the division, nothing to see here

whose cah we gonna take? Boston Pancake's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    tbh, RG3 must really be an insufferable asshole for Gruden to do this.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Would love to see them bring Joe Gibbs back one more time

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    One of the worst coach/QB duos in the league, which is big since these guys are your leaders or should be.

Notice the best team in the league has, Belichick/Brady?

Lombardi/Starr
    Noll/Bradshaw
    Laundry/Staubach
    Walsh/Montana
    Manning/Stabler
    Johnson/Aikman
    Gibbs/Theisman
    Gruden/Cousins....hahaha!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Manning/Stabler?

Hahahahahahaha

You can always tell the rookies~~~~

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Manning/Stabler?

Hahahahahahaha

You really down to this sort of thing now? That hard up? Come on little man, elevate your game, ok?

John Madden, OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!

You're one of those little s who, (after a mile long list of every NFLer to ever run a sub 9.6/10.40 100m. with college/pro team) who..."you spelled SFAustin wrong", so tiny it's comical.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Manning/Stabler?

Hahahahahahaha

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    The windy comment was over the top but the rest is legit.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    meh, the Redskins will always be the 4th team in the division, nothing to see here
    Always.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    that comment wasn't anywhere near as big of a failure as the OP in this thread was

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter what Cousins does the rest of the way in 2015, it's real obvious he has ...it.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter what Cousins does the rest of the way in 2015, it's real obvious he has ...it.
    By "it" do you mean winless against teams better than .500? He's fools gold and averge at best.

Dude is trash. This is the best he's gonna get.

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Enjoy it haters. Hail to the Redskins!

do redskins fans actually think this scrub is gonna be good for years to come?

Cowboy fan talking trash as if their team and overpaid scrub QB is any good,,,,,,lmao. Washington is ,,,Cowboys are on the same level,,,,

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    By "it" do you mean winless against teams better than .500? He's fools gold and averge at best.
    What's good bruh?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I expect you to be above what we see with the rookies Trill, how many years has Cousins started in the NFL? Now compare what he did vs other QB's with his expereince.

Thread Information