Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Alabama has lost to one team this season and that team is depicted in their most recent game above. Quit being a hack. SEC defense this season is not the same as in previous.
    Dude, 4 SEC teams are ranked in the top 11 on Defense in 2015, ok? Where do you think the first Big12 team is ranked?

Now answer my question, why do we see sooooooo many SEC players playing D in the NFL, well?

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Dude, 4 SEC teams are ranked in the top 11 on Defense in 2015, ok? Where do you think the first Big12 team is ranked?

Now answer my question, why do we see sooooooo many SEC players playing D in the NFL, well?
    If that's the topic you want to discuss, then create a thread for it. This thread is about the playoff rankings, which has 1-loss Alabama from the SEC in the playoffs ahead of several other non-SEC undefeated teams. And the team they lost to just lost to a conference doormat and allowed 53 points in the process.

If that's the topic you want to discuss, then create a thread for it. This thread is about the playoff rankings, which has 1-loss Alabama from the SEC in the playoffs ahead of several other non-SEC undefeated teams. And the team they lost to just lost to a conference doormat and allowed 53 points in the process.
    Don't tell me what to do, got that? Alabama would totally blow any Big12 team away, ok? They are way too physical.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    translation

That damn Avante, he nailed the first four, Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry, those Miss schools last season, as I continue to look stupid.
    you're such an idiot

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Don't tell me what to do, got that? Alabama would totally blow any Big12 team away, ok? They are way too physical.
    Ok. Just like the top 3 SEC teams last year didn't lose bowl games to the Big 10, Big 12 (complete blowout) and the ACC, right? Allowing 42, 42, and 49 points each?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Alabama is blowing every team away you re ed old .

you're such an idiot
    As this moron constantly follows me around, ha~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok. Just like the top 3 SEC teams last year didn't lose bowl games to the Big 10, Big 12 (complete blowout) and the ACC, right? Allowing 42, 42, and 49 points each?
    Are you really this...DUH???..ha~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dude, do you really want me to take ya to school on bowl game success?

Alabama is blowing every team away you re ed old .
    How many things does this dummy not know about?

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/s...l-schedule.php

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    As this moron constantly follows me around, ha~~~~~~~~~~~
    No, you ing idiot. Your fat re ed ass shoved it's fat re ed way into this thread.

You're just too thin skinned of a pussy to take it when you're obviously wrong. You'd rather just cry " stop following me " like a third grade girl.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    So Alabama and Ol Miss play again, who wins and by how much?

Or we can play the ol Texas Tech > Arkansas > Ol Miss > Alabama game.

Or you can just do us all a favor and just smash your computer to bits.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    Alabama has lost to one team this season and that team is depicted in their most recent game above. Quit being a hack. SEC defense this season is not the same as in previous.
    I can't speak for the rest of the conference, but LSU's D is certainly not up to par this year. Brockers, Logan, Mingo, and Minter are not walking through that door.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    I mean, this is a ing joke right?

Iowa barely surviving a team 3 spots ahead of OkSt dominating an undefeated? Stanford? the war criminal Rice leaving her stain

Knute Rockne/The Four Horsemen/Touchdown Jesus/Win one for the Gipper/The Golden Dome, will never die.

The problem with Notre Dame is they are limited to just who they can recruit, they can't get a lot of those Texas/Florida black 4.35 guys because of academics, while the SEC/Big12 is full of them.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Knute Rockne/The Four Horsemen/Touchdown Jesus/Win one for the Gipper/The Golden Dome, will never die.

The problem with Notre Dame is they are limited to just who they can recruit, they can't get a lot of those Texas/Florida black 4.35 guys because of academics, while the SEC/Big12 is full of them.
    So tell us the difference in the academic requirements of a school like UT and say Mississippi, since you imply the Big 12 and the SEC have the same academic requirements. So you would say no difference between these schools and the two conferences?

Thanks.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Iowa being ranked #5

I knew Alabama would move up (well they had to since we all knew LSU would drop out)...but I thought Ohio St. would get the #2 spot and they would land at #3. The Oklahoma St./Baylor winner still has a chance to move into the top 4, but they're obviously going to have to win out also.

Post Count
    I'm real big into College Football Reference's SRS which uses strength of schedule and margin of victory to determine their rankings.

Right now, the top 4 in their rating are Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Michigan. The rest of the top 10 are Notre Dame, Oklahoma, LSU, Stanford, Baylor, and Florida. Michigan State is ranked 15th, Oklahoma State is ranked 17th, and Iowa is 20th. USC is actually ranked 11th due to their strength of schedule (5th) and apparent margin of victory in their wins. Obviously Michigan has two losses and shouldn't be considered for the playoffs even though the Wolverines lost two close games at Utan and Michigan State. The top 5 offenses are Oregon, Texas Tech, Baylor, Memphis, and Notre Dame while the top 5 defenses are Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Alabama, and Florida.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...5-ratings.html (You can click on OSRS for offensive rankings and DSRS for defensive rankings)

Strength of schedule helps Bama (2nd) and Notre Dame (4th) and hurts Iowa (74th), Okie St (80th), and Baylor (109th).

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...standings.html (Click on SOS for strength of schedule rankings)

Conference rankings have the SEC as number 1 followed by the Big 10, Pac-12, ACC, Big 12, and AAC. While there is a big gap between the power 5 and the AAC, these 6 conferences are rated as above average while the rest of the conferences are below average with C-USA being ranked the worse this season.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2015.html

My top 4 right now would be the 4 teams ranked with Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, and Notre Dame. I think an undefeated Big 12 team will most likely get in, but if Notre Dame does win out and wins at Stanford to end the season it would give them quality wins against GT, Temple, Pitt, USC, and Stanford with their lone loss at Clemson by only 2 points. Bama needs Florida to keep winning as well to give them a quality opponent in the SEC le game. If Oklahoma hadn't loss to Texas, they would easily be in the top 4 right now.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm real big into College Football Reference's SRS which uses strength of schedule and margin of victory to determine their rankings.

Right now, the top 4 in their rating are Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Michigan. The rest of the top 10 are Notre Dame, Oklahoma, LSU, Stanford, Baylor, and Florida. Michigan State is ranked 15th, Oklahoma State is ranked 17th, and Iowa is 20th. USC is actually ranked 11th due to their strength of schedule (5th) and apparent margin of victory in their wins. Obviously Michigan has two losses and shouldn't be considered for the playoffs even though the Wolverines lost two close games at Utan and Michigan State. The top 5 offenses are Oregon, Texas Tech, Baylor, Memphis, and Notre Dame while the top 5 defenses are Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Alabama, and Florida.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...5-ratings.html (You can click on OSRS for offensive rankings and DSRS for defensive rankings)

Strength of schedule helps Bama (2nd) and Notre Dame (4th) and hurts Iowa (74th), Okie St (80th), and Baylor (109th).

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...standings.html (Click on SOS for strength of schedule rankings)

Conference rankings have the SEC as number 1 followed by the Big 10, Pac-12, ACC, Big 12, and AAC. While there is a big gap between the power 5 and the AAC, these 6 conferences are rated as above average while the rest of the conferences are below average with C-USA being ranked the worse this season.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2015.html

My top 4 right now would be the 4 teams ranked with Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, and Notre Dame. I think an undefeated Big 12 team will most likely get in, but if Notre Dame does win out and wins at Stanford to end the season it would give them quality wins against GT, Temple, Pitt, USC, and Stanford with their lone loss at Clemson by only 2 points. Bama needs Florida to keep winning as well to give them a quality opponent in the SEC le game. If Oklahoma hadn't loss to Texas, they would easily be in the top 4 right now.

Ohio State has not even played a top 25 team.

We must always remember that being National Champs gives you points for the next year. How many points, we will never know. Ohio St. should not be in the top 4, but because they won last year and SHOULD be better this year, they are.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Okay, Baylor lost. Probably just as well. There's no ing way they were going to make it into the playoff even if they were undefeated, and I would have completely lost my on the world.

Post Count
    Okay, Baylor lost. Probably just as well. There's no ing way they were going to make it into the playoff even if they were undefeated, and I would have completely lost my on the world.
    They would have gotten in undefeated if they beat OU and Oklahoma St.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    college football gayoffs
    four ing teams...what a joke

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Only dropped to #10, which tells you how much they still respect Baylor's offense and how well Oklahoma is playing. Baylor can still force themselves back into the conversation if they beat an undefeated Oklahoma St. and Oklahoma loses the last week in Bedlam giving Baylor the le. They may not get in, but this Oklahoma loss was not a bad one.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    They would have gotten in undefeated if they beat OU and Oklahoma St.
    Agree. What might've been.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Nah. The first week of the rankings was just the tip, and nobody squealed loud enough. The committee was trying to get Alabama above Clemson this weekend.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Only dropped to #10, which tells you how much they still respect Baylor's offense and how well Oklahoma is playing. Baylor can still force themselves back into the conversation if they beat an undefeated Oklahoma St. and Oklahoma loses the last week in Bedlam giving Baylor the le. They may not get in, but this Oklahoma loss was not a bad one.
    We're not going to beat OkSt on the road tonight with the true frosh at QB. Can't believe Vegas has us favored by a field goal.

Thread Information