Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count

The first official college football rankings come out tonight. Can be seen on ESPN at 6 p.m. CST.

Who you got in your top 4 right now?

My Team
    Post Count
    My top 4:

1. Ohio State
    2. Baylor
    3. LSU
    4. Clemson

I think both Michigan St. and TCU have a legitimate chance of making the top four. I don't think it'll happen, but a lot of people think that Baylor will be left off because of their schedule and "QB situation" right now. Remember, the committee didn't penalize Ohio St. last year when their QB went down. Just saying...........

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    If Baylor or TCU goes undefeated, they're in.

My Team
    Post Count
    If Baylor or TCU goes undefeated, they're in.
    No doubt. But (as you already know) one of them will not go undefeated. I think TCU has the better chance going forward tbqh....only because of the injury to Russell.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    No doubt. But (as you already know) one of them will not go undefeated. I think TCU has the better chance going forward tbqh....only because of the injury to Russell.
    I think the injuries on TCU's defense is a bigger factor going forward than the injury to Russell.

My Team
    Post Count
    I think the injuries on TCU's defense is a bigger factor going forward than the injury to Russell.
    It'll all come down to the TCU vs. Baylor game. I think TCU will be able to score points (and a lot of them) against Baylor. Just don't see Baylor matching their score in a "shootout" type game...

But, right now/for tonight.......I got Baylor in the top 4.

Ohio State
    Clemson
    LSU
    Alabama

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It'll all come down to the TCU vs. Baylor game. I think TCU will be able to score points (and a lot of them) against Baylor. Just don't see Baylor matching their score in a "shootout" type game...

But, right now/for tonight.......I got Baylor in the top 4.
    Freshmen are able to step in and perform right away in spread offenses these days, ie Winston, Johnny ff, Mariota... Stidham is a five star recruit.....he's looked decent in junk time, I think Baylor can hang 50 on TCU just like Tech did.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Lol trolled

Can't blame him for changing his mind with Mahomes only being a sop re this year.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    Rankings don't mean right now. Lots of football left to be played.

My Team
    Post Count
    Ohio State
    Clemson
    LSU
    Alabama
    Nailed it...

My Team
    Post Count
    Clemson being #1 was a shocker tbh...

I guess Baylor couldn't get over that 103rd SOS.

My Team
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Post Count
    Alabama

The rest deserve to be there, especially Clemson at #1.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    if big12 is left out again

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Clemson being #1 was a shocker tbh...

I guess Baylor couldn't get over that 103rd SOS.
    Too bad they didn't schedule Middle Tennessee, Louisiana-Monroe and Charleston Southern like Alabama did.

My Team
    Post Count
    Too bad they didn't schedule Middle Tennessee, Louisiana-Monroe and Charleston Southern like Alabama did.
    Do you really want to compare Alabama's #3 SOS to Baylor's #103 SOS?

You're only looking at the ty teams Alabama has played. Baylor has played plenty of ty teams also. Baylor still has TCU to play and Alabama still has LSU to go. A lot can change in a few weeks....

FWIW...I thought you guys would make the top 4.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol no he didn't. there won't be two SEC teams in the playoffs

My Team
    Post Count
    Lol no he didn't. there won't be two SEC teams in the playoffs
    Show me the quote where he said that there will be two SEC teams in the playoff....because it's not ITT.

Weekly prediction Blake....subject to change again next week.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Do you really want to compare Alabama's #3 SOS to Baylor's #103 SOS?

You're only looking at the ty teams Alabama has played. Baylor has played plenty of ty teams also. Baylor still has TCU to play and Alabama still has LSU to go. A lot can change in a few weeks....

FWIW...I thought you guys would make the top 4.
    No, I agree with you for the most part, it's the reasoning that bugs me. You are correct that I am looking at the ty teams Alabama has played. Since I keep hearing people ting on Baylor's non-conference schedule, I do want to compare them a bit, because let's face it: that one game against Wisconsin, while a huge quality win, isn't enough to vault Alabama that high, is it? Now, eight SEC teams being in the pre-season top 25, on the other hand. To the voters, West Virginia and Texas Tech are ty teams because they've lost to Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, but somehow Tennessee is still getting votes in the coaches' poll.

As a Baylor fan, I don't really mind that Baylor isn't there right now, because everyone knows that they have their fate in their own hands. If they it up, it's on them. But I'm really sick of talking heads saying that Art Briles doesn't schedule enough good teams in his non-conference schedule and that's why a one-loss Alabama team makes the ing top four. Anybody that follows the SEC knows that they've been scheduling cupcakes out of conference as long as the Big 12 has. It just feels like they're making sure to get LSU and Alabama as high as they can so they can make sure there's at least one SEC team in the playoff at the end of the season, even if it has a loss or two, just like they jam as many SEC teams into the pre-season polls based on their recruiting class rather than their record to make sure losses can be minimized.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Show me the quote where he said that there will be two SEC teams in the playoff....because it's not ITT.

Weekly prediction Blake....subject to change again next week.
    Oh so you guys are predicting who the top four should be right now just like the committee.

Irrelevant but funnnnnnnnnn

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    What a ing joke. Bama lost a game badly to a hole team, and almost lost to Tnnessee at home. And Notre Dame being number 5, ahead of 5 undefeated big 5 conference teams? This is seriously so ty it isn't even funny. The is rigged to favor "big names" over actual play on the field. Bama shouldn't even be in the 10 top, they don't even control their own destiny. ing joke.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Not to mention Ohi State! They haven't beaten anybody, and almost lost to ing Northern Illinois at home and Indiana. WTF?

No, I agree with you for the most part, it's the reasoning that bugs me. You are correct that I am looking at the ty teams Alabama has played. Since I keep hearing people ting on Baylor's non-conference schedule, I do want to compare them a bit, because let's face it: that one game against Wisconsin, while a huge quality win, isn't enough to vault Alabama that high, is it? Now, eight SEC teams being in the pre-season top 25, on the other hand. To the voters, West Virginia and Texas Tech are ty teams because they've lost to Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, but somehow Tennessee is still getting votes in the coaches' poll.

As a Baylor fan, I don't really mind that Baylor isn't there right now, because everyone knows that they have their fate in their own hands. If they it up, it's on them. But I'm really sick of talking heads saying that Art Briles doesn't schedule enough good teams in his non-conference schedule and that's why a one-loss Alabama team makes the ing top four. Anybody that follows the SEC knows that they've been scheduling cupcakes out of conference as long as the Big 12 has. It just feels like they're making sure to get LSU and Alabama as high as they can so they can make sure there's at least one SEC team in the playoff at the end of the season, even if it has a loss or two, just like they jam as many SEC teams into the pre-season polls based on their recruiting class rather than their record to make sure losses can be minimized.
    I hate Baylor but i agree with all of this.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah, until they figure out an 8 team playoff system with the power 5 conference champs plus 3 at large, this committee is gonna suck.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    This has nothing to do with the SEC. It's Bama bias, plain and simple. It's how they leapfrogged Okie State in 2011 for the BCSNG berth. Brand equity. Bama, USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Ohio State will always get the benefit of the doubt no matter what.

Is it fair? no. But what are you going to do about it? Beat them? And then what? Beat them again? That's what LSU had to do in 2011. They couldn't do it.

Thread Information