Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Where did you get that "Spurs never go after big names in free agency" bull ?

Them not being able to atract big name free agents doesn't mean "not chasing", tbh.

This past offseason we were just lucky a B-list name decided to sign with us. Hopefuly we get one more this offseason, tbh.

You don't think Leonard is a go to guy? Fine, I still think he's a better player than a brainless chucker like Westbrook or a gutless stats padder like Harden. And I doubt I'm in the minority here.

You made it seem like saying Leonard > Westbrook or Harden was some re ed to say, even bringing smilies to the conversation , When I'm pretty sure most people would agree with me (maybe is 50-50 with Westbrook, but it's not even close with Harden, tbh).

You are the one being a homer here son, not me.
    That's fine. Your opinion is yours. The fact remains, Leonard without Aldridge couldn't close out the tier team. Leonard WITH Aldridge couldn't close out the tier team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fine. Your opinion is yours. The fact remains, Leonard without Aldridge couldn't close out the tier team. Leonard WITH Aldridge couldn't close out the tier team.
    Curry just lost against the tier team, thanks in big part to him underperforming, but I'm not going to take him out of the top 3 just because of that, tbh. It's not like Kawhi hasn't proved himself in the playoffs before.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Curry just lost against the tier team, thanks in big part to him underperforming, but I'm not going to take him out of the top 3 just because of that, tbh. It's not like Kawhi hasn't proved himself in the playoffs before.
    As a role player, he has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody overrating Davis, tbh... he puts the numbers, but he's yet to carry his team to some heights... maybe next season is that season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody overrating Davis, tbh... he puts the numbers, but he's yet to carry his team to some heights... maybe next season is that season?
    We have to hope he's healthy and that team of his is healthy too. He's had a revolving door with a lot of dleague talent. It's hard to gauge a young player in that environment but even Paul George brought his team to the playoffs.

Davis is on the edge of really becoming overrated putting stats in bad teams. Let's hope he's healthy bc I can see KAT making noise inn the playoffs before him the way he's going.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1. Lebron
    2. Dominos
    3. Curry
    4. Leonard
    5. Westbrook
    6. Paul
    7. Davis
    8. Harden
    9. George
    10. Draymond
    Solid list mine would be similar

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, this is about right bottom 10.
    Last year, everyone was overrating Davis talking MVP ...
    I, ME rated him right i told you no way he wins mvp ...heck he dint make all nba. But when healthy he is a top 10 player just not top 5 yet ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on ................. No Kyrie Irving or Lillard? WTF are yall smokin? Kyrie HAS to be in the top 10 period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook. He creates for others, and isn't scared to fail.
    He shouldn't be, he's very good at it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Westbrook as a "lockdown" defender

-Marcus Smart & Elfrid Payton are the best defensive point guards.

-John Wall has surpassed Cp3 as the best 2 way point guards; Kyle Lowry is top 3

-Avery Bradley is the best defender amongst combo guards

-Patrick Beverley & Cory Josephs are the best defensive backup point guards
    hey genius, I said I wouldnt choose him first if I needed a lockdown defender ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a lot of good players in the game. Making a list of the best is meaningless without referencing position. There are best players at certain positions. It's like calling Tom Brady a better player than Barry Sanders was. Different roles. Even in their respective roles, they have sub-roles. Irving is a scoring PG, and a damn good one. He's got AI level handles and can finish with the best of them. He's also a knock down shooter. He doesn't have great court vision however, maybe because he's always looking to score first. He and Lillard are of the same cloth. Then you have CP3 who can do it all, shoot, score, pass and defend. He's one of the best passing PGs we've ever seen, his defense might be a bit overrated because of his steals but he's a defender nonetheless. Westbrook is a scorer, good handles, can defend but often chooses not to. When he tries to defend he's pretty good at it, same with James Harden. Guys with good handles, who are athletic and quick and have precision motor skills make good defenders. They just need to want to. So you cannot put all these guys in one bowl and see who the best are. You have to have context.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update:

1-Lebron
    2-Curry
    3-Durant
    4-Kawhi
    5-Davis
    6-Westbrook
    7-Harden
    8-Paul
    9-Cousins
    10-George

P/S:

Wait, Leonard better than Davis, Paul, Westbrook, George, Harden, and Aldridge?
    djohn2oo8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update:

1-Lebron
    2-Curry
    3-Durant
    4-Kawhi
    5-Davis
    6-Westbrook
    7-Harden
    8-Paul
    9-Cousins
    10-George

P/S:

djohn2oo8
    Curry

That twink has zero defensive responsibiity. He's getting outscored by Durant who is also the second best defensive player for GSW...

Lebron
    Kawhi
    Durant
    Curry
    Paul
    Westbrook
    Harden
    Griffin
    Davis
    Cousins

Also rocket fans are delusional and antiquated. Usually asians. Os djohn asian?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still not ready to demote the b2b MVP, tbh.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    1. LeBron

2. Kawhi
    3. Davis
    4. Blake
    5. Westbrook
    6. Cousins
    7. George

8. Durbeta
    9. Cucky
    10. Flop So Harden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Griffin right now is no doubt the most underrated player in the league...I get that he was out for a good percentage of time last year, but his value is at least top 8.

Even worse is that Paul and Griffin have played fo lr fringe contenders.

Also crazy how Paul got that LA team to 53 wins when his second best offensive player for most of the season was either red or Crawford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. LeBron
    2. Kawhi
    3. Curry
    4. Durant
    5. Paul
    6. Westbrook
    7. Griffin
    8. Harden
    9. Davis
    10. Cousins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still not ready to demote the b2b MVP, tbh.
    MVP doesn't = best player in the league. Also, the thread le is "Current top ten?"

You should change it to "grandfathered top ten?" if "current" can be swayed by what happened last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVP doesn't = best player in the league. Also, the thread le is "Current top ten?"

You should change it to "grandfathered top ten?" if "current" can be swayed by what happened last season.
    No, it doesn't. That's why I have at 2, not 1. Duh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what does that have to do with what he did last year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what does that have to do with what he did last year?
    Since this season is only at the 2/3 games per team point what folks did last season still holds a lot of importance, imrho.

I'm not going to be putting Westbrook at number 1 just yet, despite him averaging 30 something pts and a triple double in 2 wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since this season is only at the 2/3 games per team point what folks did last season still holds a lot of importance, imrho.

I'm not going to be putting Westbrook at number 1 just yet, despite him averaging 30 something pts and a triple double in 2 wins.
    Then it doesn't need an update.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    5. Paul
    6. Westbrook
    Choke-P3 got cucked by WestBrick in the 2014 postseason & their most recent match-up:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then it doesn't need an update.
    Yes it does, because what "folks did last season holds a lot of importance" but not all of it. There are some of the things that we have seen from these few games that have changed the perspective of some folks regarding certain players. For ex: I have heard a lot of guys say that Kawhi seems like the second best player in the league from what they have seen so far. Some of them didn't think that way last season.

Anyway that's just my opinion, you can feel free to keep nitpicking, about the most minor thing you see on a sports forum, all you want. I've seen worse ways of spending a saturday night. For ex: not going out because you have to study but, instead of studying, spending all night watching Kawhi Leonard's highlights on youtube and arguing with guys with a pathological disorder on the internet.
    Last edited by DAF86; 10-30-2016 at 02:51 AM.

Tim Duncan is the GoAT Ginobili3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron, Kawhi, Steph, KD, Russ, AD, Harden, CP3, Blake. I dunno who the 10th is: Cousins, LmA or PG13

Thread Information