My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Kobe Bryant Dunks Into China with Alibaba Pact

Chinese ecommerce giant to release NBA superstar's do entary online, create Kobe-branded products and social site

NBA superstar Kobe Bryant is driving hard to the basket in China, inking a wide-ranging deal with Alibaba Group.

Under the agreement, Alibaba Group will release the L.A. Lakers shooting guard’s do entary, “Kobe Bryant’s Muse,” on Saturday, Aug. 8, exclusively through its Tmall Magic Box Internet set-top box (priced at 8 yuan, or about $1.30). The film, an account of Bryant’s life on and off the court, aired in the U.S. on Showtime earlier this year.

In addition, Alibaba Pictures will work with Bryant’s Kobe Inc. to create a series of Kobe-branded products. Those will be sold via Alibaba’s retail platforms, including Taobao Marketplace and Tmall.com, which are accessed by over 350 million active buyers across China.

Finally, the pact calls for Alibaba and Sina to collaborate with Kobe Inc. to create a new social-media platform aimed at “connecting China’s young people directly to Kobe and his philosophies.” The two Chinese companies said the project with Bryant will be a model for other “Star, Media, Platform” properties they plan to launch together.
    “I believe there is power in understanding the journey of others to help create your own,” Bryant said in a statement. “This narrative is an intimate look at who I am as a person, not what I am. My dream is that others are inspired by my personal story and create epic life stories of their own.”

Alibaba chairman Jack Ma, who attended a Lakers game last fall in the company of WME’s Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell, positioned his deal with Bryant as providing inspiration to China’s digital generation.

“Kobe is an innovative entrepreneur who has established a legacy that extends far beyond the basketball court and is someone who can bring positive impact to the players and fans of basketball in China,” Ma said. “As the champion of entrepreneurs, Alibaba is proud to welcome Kobe into our ecosystem to work together on this meaningful project which we hope can have a positive impact on the youth in China.”
    According to Sina, Bryant has more than 3 million followers on his Sina Weibo account.

Meanwhile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, his life do entary is worth $1.30. Sounds about the right deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kool continues to not grasp the basics of the English language.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    You care about how much money a dude who wouldn't piss on your got ass if you were on fire has because...........?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kool sums up so many Kobe fans... "Nothing else in this world matters: He got PAID."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look at Kobe and Duncan like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs where Kobe is Gates and Duncan is Jobs. Towards the end of Jobs life no one gave a that Bill had more money than Steve what mattered to everybody was Steve had the better company in Apple. This is the same with Duncan in the sense the media and the fans don't give a about his net worth but care about his career achievements and his team success which easily surpasses Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look at Kobe and Duncan like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs where Kobe is Gates and Duncan is Jobs. Towards the end of Jobs life no one gave a that Bill had more money than Steve what mattered to everybody was Steve had the better company in Apple. This is the same with Duncan in the sense the media and the fans don't give a about his net worth but care about his career achievements and his team success which easily surpasses Kobe.
    lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

So what you saying is Tammy will die of ass cancer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what you saying is Tammy will die of ass cancer
    Knowing our luck with your hexes this pretty much guarantees a sixth spurs le.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kool sums up so many Kobe fans... "Nothing else in this world matters: He got PAID."

Last I checked he was the first to 5 rings as well...plus all the business moves...Kobe is doing business in China the Middle East all over the world while Tammy s fighting over 25 million due to bad wine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last I checked he was the first to 5 rings as well...plus all the business moves...Kobe is doing business in China the Middle East all over the world while Tammy s fighting over 25 million due to bad wine

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's tightening his asshole for the incoming Vanessa divorce.

That's half his assets.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Does the bottle label say Sweet Tammy

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not MJ.....his fame will flame out fast like his jump shot......

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's not MJ.....his fame will flame out fast like his jump shot......
    Like Beer and Wine?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    American junk exported to China, nothing new tbh. McDonald's, Wal-mart and now the rapist brand...

Believe.
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    American junk exported to China, nothing new tbh. McDonald's, Wal-mart and now the rapist brand...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Is he selling wax figure of his so those shrimp Asians could themselves up the ass while watching his doc?

Thread Information