Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Faux News featured speaker acknowledges even if no refugees are let in, the UnIslamic roaches can still infiltrate.

at the Repug politicians acting as if safety was truly their concern.

At any rate, only fully vetted Syrians let in.
    Who decides? I do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you guys trust our government that we're not getting any of these guys like Europe did?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you guys trust our government that we're not getting any of these guys like Europe did?
    I trust them to know an obvious Photoshop when they see it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I trust them to know an obvious Photoshop when they see it.
    Bottom left is Kurdish and bottom left is from the Free Syrian Army.

It's hilarious when they keep trying to use them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the challenges associated with vetting these refugees?

Given the abysmal security situation in Syria and the fact that the United States does not maintain a permanent diplomatic presence in the country, it's sometimes difficult for U.S. authorities to gather the information they need to thoroughly vet a Syrian applicant.

FBI Director James Comey hit on the issue at a congressional hearing last month, when he told lawmakers, "If someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their iden y or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home, but there will be nothing show up because we have no record of them."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/politi...nts-explainer/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're already here and the vetting process takes a lot longer than the EU's did. We have the luxury of time.
    Hopefully, within that period of time, they can fill those intelligence gaps. But considering we've dropped the ball so many times on ME issues and decision-making (nukes in Iraq, Iraq invasion, underestimation of ISIS, mishandling of FSA training, mishandling of Iraq military training and arms distribution, Benghazi etc.) that I'm a skeptic. Firstly, skeptical about these intelligence gaps, secondly skeptical about the accuracy of their Intel. Doesn't seem to matter who is president, Republican or Democrat, they've shown to be equally inept w/ regards to ME.

Like I said, I believe in having compassion. I've been to NA and know that plenty (most) Muslims are good people and just want the basic things everybody in West has (and take for granted). I think the U.S. is standing for the right thing here. But there's a thin line sometimes b/w being generous and stupid. It's been the latter much too often for us over there for me to not be a skeptic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I don't think Daesh is going to play a two year long game to attempt to infiltrate the states. There are easier ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    breaking news: Syrian refugees threaten to go back to Syria if their demands are not met

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the challenges associated with vetting these refugees?

Given the abysmal security situation in Syria and the fact that the United States does not maintain a permanent diplomatic presence in the country, it's sometimes difficult for U.S. authorities to gather the information they need to thoroughly vet a Syrian applicant.

FBI Director James Comey hit on the issue at a congressional hearing last month, when he told lawmakers, "If someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their iden y or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home, but there will be nothing show up because we have no record of them."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/politi...nts-explainer/
    See, that's where you don't know. If the intel is that ing bad on their personal history, then what exactly are they basing their off of?

It's confusing. One article, people say it's a great screening process; the next article, it says "there will be nothing" on people that don't have an apparent terrorist link.

Sounds about as dumb and confusing as everything we stick our into over there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I don't think Daesh is going to play a two year long game to attempt to infiltrate the states. There are easier ways.
    Like what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recruiting a US citizen, sending someone on a student visa from not Syria, etc.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Resident sympathizers have faith in our screening process lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are over 50 Syrian refugees in your area already who went through that process.

What are you going to do about them?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been more successful since 9/11 than our screening for gun buyers, tbh, fwiw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been more successful since 9/11 than our screening for gun buyers, tbh, fwiw
    He runs away when his emo argument doesn't work.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    There are over 50 Syrian refugees in your area already who went through that process.

What are you going to do about them?
    Why do you know how many Syrian refugees are in each city? You've mentioned exact numbers in different cities multiple times.

Why do have faith in our screening system?

Where is their screening intel coming from in Syria?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recruiting a US citizen, sending someone on a student visa from not Syria, etc.
    , then why even do a background check?

Give them one of those beepers that they use at restaurants, tell them to head over to an airport when it goes off in two years.

The 2 year figure, btw, is from what I read a high estimation of how long the process takes. The average is closer to 1 1/2 years, going as low as one year.

You may be right about the shorter period of time for their other alternatives. Is there a link you can share that details how long those processes take? Also, a link to where ISIS has related that ~2 year wait threshold isn't worth the trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you know how many Syrian refugees are in each city? You've mentioned exact numbers in different cities multiple times.
    Because I am better informed than you. If you're asking how a person could get such information, you're an idiot.

Why do have faith in our screening system?
    Eh, ISIS has Iraqi members too yet you didn't and still haven't made a peep about the 85,000 of them that came into the US the past eight years.

Where is their screening intel coming from in Syria?
    Oh, if there were only a way to search for things using this thing I am using to ask about searching on.

So what are you going to do about those obvious Syrian terrorists in your backyard?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , then why even do a background check?
    Because they should.

[quote]Give them one of those beepers that they use at restaurants, tell them to head over to an airport when it goes off in two years.[/quoteWut.

The 2 year figure, btw, is from what I read a high estimation of how long the process takes. The average is closer to 1 1/2 years, going as low as one year.
    Given the situation there, it's a fair bet the Syrian refugee process takes longer than that of someone from, say, the Ukraine.

You may be right about the shorter period of time for their other alternatives. Is there a link you can share that details how long those processes take?
    How long would it take to recruit a US citizen? Not long, I would suppose. Could be just a series of encrypted communications after talking to the right middleman. That's the thing I would worry most about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because I am better informed than you. If you're asking how a person could get such information, you're an idiot.

Eh, ISIS has Iraqi members too yet you didn't and still haven't made a peep about the 85,000 of them that came into the US the past eight years.

Oh, if there were only a way to search for things using this thing I am using to ask about searching on.

So what are you going to do about those obvious Syrian terrorists in your backyard?
    The screening in Iraq was more thorough in the sense we had intelligence on the ground since we were occupying, as opposed to no or not nearly as much ground intelligence presence in Syria. I'm guessing that's the or big reason for the intelligence gaps with the Syrian screenings.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

I haven't cared enough to search the whereabouts of Syrian refugees near me. Which brings me back to why do you know so much about where the Syrian refugees are located?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't cared enough to search the whereabouts of Syrian refugees near me. Which brings me back to why do you know so much about where the Syrian refugees are located?
    It's as if the information is available to anyone who is intelligent enough to figure out it could be available!

Thanks for admitting you really don't care about the presence of Syrian refugees in your area tho. I don't know why you were trying to act concerned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The screening in Iraq was more thorough in the sense we had intelligence on the ground since we were occupying, as opposed to no or not nearly as much ground intelligence presence in Syria. I'm guessing that's the or big reason for the intelligence gaps with the Syrian screenings.
    Also the reason only about 10% of the Syrian refugees referred to the US have made it through the process. It was already the most stringent process among refugees, and it will probably be moreso now. That's why I'm not as terrified as TSA acted like he was before he said he didn't really care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14 states (including one Democrat governor) want no Syrian refugees in their states.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rian-refugees/
    Don't think they have a say in it. Immigration is entirely in the federal jurisdiction. Any potential law they might decide to pass is likely to be found uncons utional...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=ChumpDumper;8274262]Because they should.

Give them one of those beepers that they use at restaurants, tell them to head over to an airport when it goes off in two years.[/quoteWut.

Given the situation there, it's a fair bet the Syrian refugee process takes longer than that of someone from, say, the Ukraine.

How long would it take to recruit a US citizen? Not long, I would suppose. Could be just a series of encrypted communications after talking to the right middleman. That's the thing I would worry most about.
    I worry about both that and refugee infiltration. There's lots of avenues, probably, to be worried about. I'm not educated enough on the specific times/risks it takes for all their recruitment processes to be able to say that they won't allocate their resources to the refugee crisis.

Thread Information