Post Count
    Just like what Buster Douglas did to the invincible Tyson. You let the aggressive party tire themselves out with wild swings and animal instincts. You sit back and counter punch until the opponent is physically spent and frustrated. Then you tag them with a barrage of punches ..... and in the UFC 193's case, you kick their damned head smooth off.

Ronda Rousey will get beat alot more now that Holly has the special potion to beat her. Just like Tyson went on to lose to Holyfield twice and a number of other much lesser fighters after Buster Douglas figured him out.

Just my humble opinion.

Post Count
    Do you actually watch MMA or are you just tossing your thoughts out there as fact?

Ronda fought an incredibly stupid fight. That was not Ronda of the past. She didn't cut the ring off, she did NOTHING to stop the linear and oblique kicks that Holly used to keep the distance, and she continually bull rushed forward while Holly pivoted away from her.

You don't stop pivots by attacking forward with arms flailing, you stop them with leg kicks and chop steps to keep the distance close. You rotate away from straight-kicks and attack from an angle.

Rousey did nothing except charge last night. If she fights like that every fight, she'll be easy to beat, but that's not going to happen. And she still had a couple of moments where she nearly had Holm beat.

Post Count
    Do you actually watch MMA or are you just tossing your thoughts out there as fact?

Ronda fought an incredibly stupid fight. That was not Ronda of the past. She didn't cut the ring off, she did NOTHING to stop the linear and oblique kicks that Holly used to keep the distance, and she continually bull rushed forward while Holly pivoted away from her.

You don't stop pivots by attacking forward with arms flailing, you stop them with leg kicks and chop steps to keep the distance close. You rotate away from straight-kicks and attack from an angle.

Rousey did nothing except charge last night. If she fights like that every fight, she'll be easy to beat, but that's not going to happen. And she still had a couple of moments where she nearly had Holm beat.
    Ive have actually been watching MMA for over 10yrs. And what I saw is what I have seen from Ronda in her last 4-5 fights. She charges in head first, she does NOT do any of the things you mention above. That is what Holly noticed I bet. All of the opponents that Ronda had prior tried to just bully her back and go toe to toe, that doesnt and didnt work. A skilled fighter like Holly figured out Rouseys game plan.

lol mma

Post Count
    You probably got your ass kicked on a regular growing up.

Post Count
    Cry Havock...... I predicted this to my wife Saturday afternoon. I said Rousey would charge in and try to go for the kill quickly. I said if Holly can withstand the first few minutes, lots movement and jabs, she would eventually win by a kick to the head.

Post Count
    Ive have actually been watching MMA for over 10yrs. And what I saw is what I have seen from Ronda in her last 4-5 fights. She charges in head first, she does NOT do any of the things you mention above. That is what Holly noticed I bet. All of the opponents that Ronda had prior tried to just bully her back and go toe to toe, that doesnt and didnt work. A skilled fighter like Holly figured out Rouseys game plan.
    Well, I don't think there's a "formula to beating Ronda" that Holly exposed, I think Holly showed that it's easy to completely tool a fighter who's fighting to your strengths and generally charging forward into a world-class striker.

If you think Ronda is a champion because she's unskilled, I don't know what to say. I seriously doubt we'll ever see that kind of fight again from Ronda. She'll come back smarter, and better.

Post Count
    Well, I don't think there's a "formula to beating Ronda" that Holly exposed, I think Holly showed that it's easy to completely tool a fighter who's fighting to your strengths and generally charging forward into a world-class striker.

If you think Ronda is a champion because she's unskilled, I don't know what to say. I seriously doubt we'll ever see that kind of fight again from Ronda. She'll come back smarter, and better.
    I hope you are right......many said the same thing about Tyson. He was never the same after Buster.

Post Count
    I hope you are right......many said the same thing about Tyson. He was never the same after Buster.
    Buster was never Tyson's problem. Tyson's personal life was what derailed him.

You probably got your ass kicked on a regular growing up.
    lmao mma

Post Count
    She looked awful on Saturday. Striking needs a ton of work.. The UFC had been insanely overhyping her, to the point of it making people sick..

She looked awful on Saturday. Striking needs a ton of work.. The UFC had been insanely overhyping her, to the point of it making people sick..
    Yep as a grappler, she was awesome -- as a striker, not so much. Just because you have "fast hands" doesn't mean you have good technique. Constantly showing her and her trainer going through the same pad routine.

Post Count
    Yep as a grappler, she was awesome -- as a striker, not so much. Just because you have "fast hands" doesn't mean you have good technique. Constantly showing her and her trainer going through the same pad routine.
    When I watch that fight, I could see in the first 90 seconds that she was going to be in some trouble. She came forward like she always does with sloppy technique, and was immediately made to pay for it with some stiff jabs. Then when she tried to rush forward again, and grab Holly again she was made to pay for it with the footwork and good striking technique. She had never faced anyone like that in her career.

Post Count
    Perhaps her training has been lagging a bit lately. It does not take much to get you off your game. Mike Tyson when he was still really young and the champion, if you look back you could see his decline. After he left Kevin Rooney, his training took a nosedive and he started fighting sloppy and just head hunting. The refined technical Tyson was fading away and by the time he came out of prison with like 4 years out of the game, he was all washed up. Ronda may need a new head trainer, or just needs to put her movie career on the backburner and focus solely on training and fighting. I always questioned if she was really training as hard as she said, when she is doing so much media all the time and is constantly on film sets..

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Perhaps her training has been lagging a bit lately. It does not take much to get you off your game. Mike Tyson when he was still really young and the champion, if you look back you could see his decline. After he left Kevin Rooney, his training took a nosedive and he started fighting sloppy and just head hunting. The refined technical Tyson was fading away and by the time he came out of prison with like 4 years out of the game, he was all washed up. Ronda may need a new head trainer, or just needs to put her movie career on the backburner and focus solely on training and fighting. I always questioned if she was really training as hard as she said, when she is doing so much media all the time and is constantly on film sets..
    Definitely not as ripped as Holm. And definitely not as agile on her feet. Holm is a very good athlete, not just a good fighter. That's what I got out of it. Holm's legs were very large and muscular as well. I thought she was wiry, she looked big and strong. I can see Rousey beating her on the rematch. But I would not be surprised if Rousey got beat up again. Holm is no joke.

Buster was never Tyson's problem. Tyson's personal life was what derailed him.
    IIRC, Tyson admitted later that he was up late the night before the Douglas fight drinking tequila with two call girls...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Damnit I read this thread le as "Rousey has been fingered" and thought there was finally a reason to come here.

What happened after to Joe Frazier after George Foreman figured him out? Not putting Holm and Rousey in the same class as those two, simply saying that's what happens when you have someone with reach and power paired against a fighter whose game plan is all about closing distances and getting inside. I just don't see anyone in that weight class with that unique combination in large part because of the amount of experience it took to hone those striking skills. Holm is 34. Even if every contender in the womens division doubled down on their kickboxing training starting right now there would still not be anyone who could take out Rousey with that kind of ease. Assuming Road House does for her acting career what the A-Team did for Rampage Jackson's Rhonda will be back sooner rather than later. She might have to run out the clock on Holly Holm's career before she can get the belt back but time is on her side. Quite frankly I don't buy there's going to be a lot of stiffer compe ion to come along any time soon.

Thread Information