Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    -#2 in points differential
    -Could easily be the only undefeated home team in the league if the Warriors/Cavs didn't get a break in a couple of home games. Also, could easily be 11-0 if it wasn't for Waiters/Beal. Once LMA warms up to his new home, the offense is going to catch up w/ the defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Could easily be the only undefeated home team in the league if the Warriors/Cavs didn't get a break in a couple of home games. Also, could easily be 11-0 if it wasn't for Waiters/Beal. Once LMA warms up to his new home, the offense is going to catch up w/ the defense.
    Having the DPOY doesn't hurt either. If we can get the beautiful game going again with a stout defense... Look out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The schedule has been slightly better than D-League to this point. It's good that we're shutting teams down but not entirely remarkable... yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this D will be historic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The schedule has been slightly better than D-League to this point. It's good that we're shutting teams down but not entirely remarkable... yet.
    agreed i want to see some real compe ion.

that said, we've faced teams that are playing better this year than they have in the past...lot of these eastern conference teams aren't a total joke like in years past...
    and of course last season we definitely struggled to take care of business

all in all a pretty promising start...and let's remember, in 2014 we were 1-11 against playoff opponents at one point...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking how much of this historic D is due to the fact we don't have Marco getting 22 mins per night. As much as he gave on offense, he gave everything right back and then some on defense.

Kyle has been disappointing, but surprisingly good on D.

Butler has not been shooting like Marco does, and he has a different game, being more of an energy guy, where Marco was a cutter and a very aggressive offensive player, and good passer. But even not shooting lights out, Butler gives more energy, rebounding, and even at his age he makes hustle plays.

Having Marco's minutes currently go to a combination of Patty/Kyle/Butler has resulted in better defense overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mmmm... I love historic D! We're still talking basketball right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing Marco was the best thing to happen to this defense, it's crazy some people couldn't see how he dragged the entire team's d down.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I was thinking how much of this historic D is due to the fact we don't have Marco getting 22 mins per night. As much as he gave on offense, he gave everything right back and then some on defense.

Butler has not been shooting like Marco does, and he has a different game, being more of an energy guy, where Marco was a cutter and a very aggressive offensive player, and good passer. But even not shooting lights out, Butler gives more energy, rebounding, and even at his age he makes hustle plays.

Having Marco's minutes currently go to a combination of Patty/Kyle/Butler has resulted in better defense overall.
    Patty and defense shouldn't be used in the same sentence, I mean ever! He's the new Marco.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ty opposition bro...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes the.sched has been pretty weak but we have been at the top of d rankings the past seasons too and now we dont have marco anymore and with the absence.of splitter its looking good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

people are finally starting to see what type of cancer he is.. he is like if lung cancer and breast cancer had a son and that cancer had leukemia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people are finally starting to see what type of cancer he is.. he is like if lung cancer and breast cancer had a son and that cancer had leukemia.
    dude we won a chip with marco on our team
    just chill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty and defense shouldn't be used in the same sentence, I mean ever! He's the new Marco.
    Well most of Marco's minutes went to the other two and while Patty can't deal with any PG one on one, he does make a number of hustle plays and comes up with loose balls that Marco doesn't. Still most minutes have gone to Kyle/Rasual and I have to say Kawhi, since he's playing more minutes this season. That alone is enough to improve D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude we won a chip with marco on our team
    just chill
    nope, wake up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cool, finally I know what I wish the short bus crew for christmas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mmmm... I love historic D! We're still talking basketball right?
    A little hyperbole but just following Raven' s initiative. I like Marco offensively, but I do think our defense has improved without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 seed and a ing championship with him playing real minutes. that's some cancer

get over yourself, jesus christ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few more defensive stats. The spurs are ranked third in defensive FG percentage, and 12 in 3 point FG percentage. They definitely need to work on defending the 3 point line better but outside of that they have been overall great defensively this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having the DPOY doesn't hurt either.
    He's doing his job...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few more defensive stats. The spurs are ranked third in defensive FG percentage, and 12 in 3 point FG percentage. They definitely need to work on defending the 3 point line better but outside of that they have been overall great defensively this year.
    I have seen a few open 3s in all recent games, some caused by overhelping in the paint, but some is just coming off screens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little hyperbole but just following Raven' s initiative. I like Marco offensively, but I do think our defense has improved without him.
    This ^. I loved Marco on the team but he was a liability on D. I think our defense has improved more with LMA over Splitter as well. Splitter was undoubtedly a better defender than LMA, but anyone who matched up with Splitter basically didn't have a defensive assignment except for "box him out". LMA tires his matchups out offensively much more than Splitter. Plays well into our defensive schemes. We do this a lot with heavy scorers. Tire them out defensively so they don't produce as much offensively.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Beal sure is good. We should trade Kawhi for him. If not him, then Ariza.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ^. I loved Marco on the team but he was a liability on D. I think our defense has improved more with LMA over Splitter as well. Splitter was undoubtedly a better defender than LMA, but anyone who matched up with Splitter basically didn't have a defensive assignment except for "box him out". LMA tires his matchups out offensively much more than Splitter. Plays well into our defensive schemes. We do this a lot with heavy scorers. Tire them out defensively so they don't produce as much offensively.
    Also, Lamarcus give us more minutes per game than splitter. I do miss Splitter but we could not afford both him and Aldridge

Thread Information