Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't checked what their schedule looked so far, but they're sitting pretty at 8-4, a team that a lot of peeps thought would be missing the playoffs this season...

I know it's early, but they seem to be doing well. Is it all coaching or?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carlisle is the best coach in the league however Pop seems to be recovering from his show last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carlisle and Dirk having a late-career renaissance ala Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes reviving all the guards that was all good onceupon time. Dirk looks good and pachulia is a surprise. Mathews looks good.

Bottom line, the players care about winning. Dont know how carlilse motivated them to play at the intensity they are playing right now.

Probably promised felton and Deron a bucket of fried chicken, a whooper burger or an eat all you can buffet if they compete every game. They look look fatter but they are compe ive.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Carlisle is excellent at putting role players in a position to succeed which can win you games in the regular season & Dirk has his legs under him but that will change when the calendar flips to 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their SOS is easiest in the league so far. Literally 30th.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Haven't checked what their schedule looked so far, but they're sitting pretty at 8-4, a team that a lot of peeps thought would be missing the playoffs this season...

I know it's early, but they seem to be doing well. Is it all coaching or?
    - Deron and Zaza have been solid. I'm not saying they're all stars or anything, but for what they're paying them (which is very reasonable), they are getting pretty good bang for their buck, production-wise.

- Matthews looks like a good pickup, even if they overpaid him. You can never have enough guys who can play on both ends of the floor.

- Parsons has looked good and more comfortable in his second year, even though he is under a minutes restriction coming back from injury.

- Chemistry-wise, it looks like they've put together a good group of guys. No moody jerks (Rondo), or dudes worried about their next contract and not enough about the games (Monta).

- Carlisle is like a Master Chef. Doesn't matter what ingredients are handed to him, he'll cook up something good with what he has on hand. Only Pop is better.

- Last year Dirk looked done at times. Small sample size of 12 games against an easy schedule, but he's turned in a bit of a turn back the clock performance so far.
    Last edited by Findog; 11-19-2015 at 11:07 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rc is the 2nd best coach in the NBA

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    They live and die with Dirk. Dirk playing at a high level can still carry a team. Team chemistry is terrific and Carlisle will always have them prepared to win. It's doubtful Dirk can sustain this for 82+ games tho, so I'd expect and Feb/March collapse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs are like a C+ student with a great teacher to keep them afloat and studying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmy Carrey is good coach.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I expected the 8 seed from season beginning

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs gonna sneak in as the 8 seed and upset the Warriors. Tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mathews looks good.
    is shooting 34%.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mavs gonna sneak in as the 8 seed and upset the Warriors. Tbh.
    Spurfan praying to the basketball Gods.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurfan praying to the basketball Gods.
    Not sure where you get that most of the forun have wanted a spurs gsw matchup since last year

Building up a scared spursfan angle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your not watching the games. Mathews shot horribly the first 3 games hes played otherwise hes been key

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not sure where you get that most of the forun have wanted a spurs gsw matchup since last year

Building up a scared spursfan angle
    I didnt say that I just responded to the Mavs will upset the Dubs in a series post. And yes, most Spur fan SAY they want the Dubs but then throw hate and hope they lose every game thread. You can deny it if you want but it reeks of fear ... A non threat shouldnt invoke so many emotions ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didnt say that I just responded to the Mavs will upset the Dubs in a series post. And yes, most Spur fan SAY they want the Dubs but then throw hate and hope they lose every game thread. You can deny it if you want but it reeks of fear ... A non threat shouldnt invoke so many emotions ...
    Yes and that post was so serious it even included a downspin in the end. is hate not allowed now? The team is full of gotry that most fans in the league cant stand. They are lucky curry is playing like a god or else no one would to watch a team filled with arrogant vaginas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carlisle is the best coach in the league however Pop seems to be recovering from his show last year
    Would have liked to have seen what Carlisle would have done with the Spurs post 2005.
    10 years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes and that post was so serious it even included a downspin in the end. is hate not allowed now? The team is full of gotry that most fans in the league cant stand. They are lucky curry is playing like a god or else no one would to watch a team filled with arrogant vaginas
    But they are more than just Curry. Draymond has improved a great deal. Barnes is pretty humble Iggy was too until recently (he sure did revel in the Clips demise). they are a bit y but not every champ is a low key as the Spurs. Most are not.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He's played better in these last few games. I went and looked at his overall stats for the season and was a little surprised that they're lackluster. Just going on the eye test the last couple games, he's played well.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rondo is gone and they seem to be playing like the beginning of last year before the dumb trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this post makes no sense. The Dubs are the best team in the league and have been pretty annoying since winning the 'ship. Wanting them to lose doesn't translate into fear, considering majority of Spurfan wants to see how they stack up against Golden State including myself tbh....

You better than that Killa, don't go the way of your idol and fall off a cliff tbh......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Carlisle would have coached circles around Mcfail and bounced the Rockets hadn't that cancer Rondo suited up for them..The series was pretty close after first two games even with Parson out..It is a combination of both factors...Only an elite strategist can take the juggernaut that 2014 Spurs were to Game 7, tbh..I think they will come down in the standings but they are likely to sneak in instead of the Pelicans..Would love to see RC muck it up vs the Warrios in Round 1 :..

Thread Information