Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Sampaloli is creeping up
    Why? Because he finally got Sevilla past the group stage of the CL, or because he's on pace to setting Sevilla's record in pts on the league?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Why? Because he finally got Sevilla past the group stage of the CL, or because he's on pace to setting Sevilla's record in pts on the league?
    They have been playing like lately

and they lost to ing Leicester

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    They have been playing like lately

and they lost to ing Leicester
    They were unlucy as against Leicester, they missed two penaldos. And yeah, the whole team's moral went to after getting eliminated and are now playing like , but you have to take into account all the season and the whole season was pretty damn good, tbh.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    lol sampaloli...

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    ^GOAT Caruso gif imho

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    any barcelona coach (guardiola/enrique/etc), lmao all that talent and no tactical innovation, just bandwaggoning elite talent, zero flexibility or intellect.
    mourinho, one hit wonder.
    wenger , no other words needed
    england's euro'16 coach

Why this fraud (relatively speaking) is still revered as some Coaching deity is beyond me..

Ever since he left Barca he's gone from one big game fiasco to the other. Even there, the fact that he failed to repeat in the CL with peak Messi/Iniesta/Xavi is a blot on his resume..

in hate this new fad in soccer public space where fans and media nurture and perpetrate a manager cult of personality..

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

Why this fraud (relatively speaking) is still revered as some Coaching deity is beyond me..

Ever since he left Barca he's gone from one big game fiasco to the other. Even there, the fact that he failed to repeat in the CL with peak Messi/Iniesta/Xavi is a blot on his resume..

in hate this new fad in soccer public space where fans and media nurture and perpetrate a manager cult of personality..
    fans are dumb tbh, that's life. harden wins mvp in basketball.. same thing, people are obsessed with idols in an idol obsessed culture.

fans are dumb tbh, that's life. harden wins mvp in basketball.. same thing, people are obsessed with idols in an idol obsessed culture.
    Yep, this got ruined a potential Bayern dynasty in Europe by being a one-dimentional tactical dumb . Bayern should have easily rung in 2014/2016. Madrid were pretty unconvincing in both those CL runs..

Stop hiring him at big clubs; he is past it..

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Resistanze really equating Mou's CL trophy at Porto with Liverpool's and Chelsea's

To put things in perspective, Liverpool just paid 85 mil for a centre back, with that money you can buy Porto's starting 11 and still save 35 mil
    Last edited by Bynumite; 04-16-2018 at 07:16 PM.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Your point for reviving a year old post was the fact the cost of footy players has increased significantly today than in the past? Neymar alone costed more than United's famed treble winning teams in the past, so what? And this year doesn't nothing but to solidify my points about Phil Mourinho

People want it both ways - you want to give extra credit for one-off winning CLs with smaller teams, but not criticize the same manger (who has spent the most money in football history after he left and never looked back) for failing to win les since. Mou hasn't won CL since Inter and has under-performed repeatedly for years with the world's biggest budget. Pick a lane.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Your point for reviving a year old post was the fact the cost of footy players has increased significantly today than in the past? Neymar alone costed more than United's famed treble winning teams in the past, so what? And this year doesn't nothing but to solidify my points about Phil Mourinho

People want it both ways - you want to give extra credit for one-off winning CLs with smaller teams, but not criticize the same manger (who has spent the most money in football history after he left and never looked back) for failing to win les since. Mou hasn't won CL since Inter and has under-performed repeatedly for years with the world's biggest budget. Pick a lane.
    Just read your post for the 1st time and no, i didn't wait a whole year to reply

I wasn't comparing Liverpool's recent centre back acquisition to Porto's 2004 CL winning squad, that would have been re ed, obviously you gotta make the adjustment for inflation. I was talking about their current squad, but the huge disparity in player budgets has always been there though between portuguese league and EPL, specially a top tier team.

Not denying that Mou fell off. The comparison you did between winning a CL at Porto with Chelsea/Liverpool was flatout re ed though
    Last edited by Bynumite; 04-16-2018 at 11:41 PM.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Just read your post for the 1st time and no, i didn't wait a whole year to reply

I wasn't comparing Liverpool's recent centre back acquisition to Porto's 2004 CL winning squad, that would have been re ed, obviously you gotta make the adjustment for inflation. I was talking about their current squad, but the huge disparity in player budgets has always been there though between portuguese league and EPL, specially a top tier team.

Not denying that Mou fell off. The comparison you did between winning a CL at Porto with Chelsea/Liverpool was flatout re ed though
    Not really, people are just enamored by the 'but Porto!' argument - I wonder how many people actually remember that season. For a forum that has turned into a Penaldo vs Midget pissing contest where a common CL argument is 'hardest path', I find that ironic

Porto finished first in their league and in CL played Monaco in finals, Deportivo in SF, Lyon in QF, and United in R16. Liverpool finished fifth in their league and in CL played Milan in the finals, Chelsea in the SF, Juventus in the QF, and Bayer Levekeusen in the R16. You might want to look at the team Liverpool fielded that season instead of getting caught up in club names

Anyways, my original post from a year ago was that Mou was currently sucking it up, so pointing to Porto's 2004 CL run was actually irrelevant in the first place. I also don't get why like I said above, winning with a smaller team is supposed to get extra points when he hasn't been back since (and this diminishes like, 90% of teams that in CL who win with juggernaut teams).

Pochettino is just another overhyped empty-CV manager that has developed a cult following.

Even a washed-up Wenger can still win FA Cups ..

This an annoying fad that has spread the world of soccer.. A bunch of nobodies getting way too much talk as some coaching geniuses and yet they have almost nothing to show for it in silverware (Pochettino, Sarri, Tuchel ..etc).

Go ahead and hire him Madrid/PSG ..
    Last edited by spursistan; 04-21-2018 at 01:53 PM.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Pochettino is just another overhyped empty-CV manager that has developed a cult following.

Even a washed-up Wenger can still FA Cups ..

This an annoying fad that has spread the world of soccer.. A bunch of nobodies getting way too much talk as some coaching geniuses and yet they have almost nothing to show for it in silverware (Pochettino, Sarri, Tuchel ..etc).

Go ahead and hire him Madrid/PSG ..
    Not starting Hugo Lloris b/c of 'trust' for backup keeper, with first chance at trophy in forever
    Vorm letting that goal right through him
    Kane

Not starting Hugo Lloris b/c of 'trust' for backup keeper, with first chance at trophy in forever
    Kane
    From twitter: "Pochettino = Walmart Guardiola" ..

Seriously why is this zero-trophy manager a thing?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Po tino

got rid of Bentaleb

Bentaleb is a regular starter at Schalke, the 2nd best team in Bundesliga

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Montella anyone?

He was never rated to begin with ..

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    worse coach than a screaming midget tbh...

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Kane
    Po tino

got rid of Bentaleb

Bentaleb is a regular starter at Schalke, the 2nd best team in Bundesliga
    Kane is still injured. Llorente as the backup is a no go, he’s gone in the summer, soooo slow.
    Lloris himself has been far from spectacular. But Vorm was bad.

Lefty, lefty, lefty.... No one knows how good Pooch is, but using Bentalib as an example is really a long lefty stretch as Spurs gained and kept some hugely important midfielders in that transaction. No one should use this as an example.

Most recently, if one wishes to denigrate a coach based on mst recent form which this board loves to do, would be Man U really just totally physically dominating the Spurs on the ball and on 50/50 balls. They clearly wanted it more. Pogba physically outplayed Moussa Dembele, I would have never expected this as Dembele is having a fantastic year and may be one of the strongest midfielders on the ball in the world. He plays a hugely important role on Spurs and was out hustled and pushed around more than anytime this year.

Pooch did not have his team ready to compete.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Bruh
    I'm a LOLgerian homer.
    Nothing is going to change that

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Bruh
    I'm a LOLgerian homer.