Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Seems like the money coming in now is on Carolina, they're back up to -2 on bovada. Not sure if it's public money or sharp money.

Seems like the money coming in now is on Carolina, they're back up to -2 on bovada. Not sure if it's public money or sharp money.
    It's public money..sharps have been pounding Dallas all week..

Sharps were all over Detroit, too, as I said earlier..

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Today is gameday.

I'll tell ya, I've seen quite a bit of talk from Dallas fans all over all social media, sports websites, and expert picks.

Lets see what your boys got.
    Panthers win 31–21. It's a one score game early in the 4th but then Cam leads them on a loooong drive where they run the ball every down, move the chains every 3rd down and get in field goal range with little time left for the Cowboys to make a comeback. On the ensuing Cowboys possession, Romo throws a desperation heave down the field which becomes a pick and the Panthers are then able to go victory formation and kneel on it.

It's public money..sharps have been pounding Dallas all week..

Sharps were all over Detroit, too, as I said earlier..
    LMAO,,,,there were no sharps on Dallas.

Thinking about the game I'm actually worried about how Tony is gonna perform on a short week. Last year he looked like because he didn't get enough time to recoup his fractured back. This year he's coming off his first game back where he took a lot of hits. I'm hoping he isn't dealing with any soreness or any other setbacks.
    Yep. . .Romo can't play on short weeks at all. His body needs time to recover. He couldn't see the field at all. Plus going against a great D, just a recipe for disaster.

LMAO,,,,there were no sharps on Dallas.
    Sharps were all over Dallas since the spread was released, actually..

Over 65+% of the public was on Carolina..

Sharps were all over Dallas since the spread was released, actually..

Over 65+% of the public was on Carolina..
    Wrong,,,this whole notion that Vegas is begging you to take Carolina as a dog and the sharps are on Dallas is ridiculous,,,first off sharps set their own lines and bet accordingly and every sharp I know,,,,me included,,took Panthers on the ML when getting +money.

Wrong,,,this whole notion that Vegas is begging you to take Carolina as a dog and the sharps are on Dallas is ridiculous,,,first off sharps set their own lines and bet accordingly and every sharp I know,,,,me included,,took Panthers on the ML when getting +money.
    I'm not a Cowboys fan, nor am I making it up, I'm telling you for a fact that there was a ton of sharp money on Detroit and Dallas today..

The line went from pk to -1 Dallas because of sharp money(Bob Scucci confirmed it, he's a bookmaker, as did several other linesmakers on Twitter), and then there was a huge influx of public money on Carolina that swung it the other way..

This was actually a really public game for Carolina..a 10-0 team getting points is an easy pick for the public, obviously..

I'm not a Cowboys fan, nor am I making it up, I'm telling you for a fact that there was a ton of sharp money on Detroit and Dallas today..

The line went from pk to -1 Dallas because of sharp money(Bob Scucci confirmed it, he's a bookmaker, as did several other linesmakers on Twitter), and then there was a huge influx of public money on Carolina that swung it the other way..

This was actually a really public game for Carolina..a 10-0 team getting points is an easy pick for the public, obviously..
    I'm not a Cowboy/Carolina fan,,,I've just been gambling for 25+ years,,,

Harlem,,,just for future info,just because there is a book maker that post on twitter means ,, Once again,,,sharps make their own lines and bet accordingly. Trust me on this and quit relying on some bookmaker on twitter,,,I don't care if he's a pro Vegas handicapper,,,he wont make you any money like you can if you learn it. I've beat bookmakers on mathematical theory many times,,,its systematic,,,no emotion involved believe it or not,,,

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What trends? Detroit beat GB in a game where the Lions did everything they could to lose the game in the 4th quarter. Not to mention, Aaron Rodgers had one of his worst games of his career and yet, were still a made fg away from winning. I wouldn't put much stock in beating a mediocre LAR team at home, tbh. I wasn't the stupid one who said Philly can't handle "this spot" (Short rest/game on road) when they did just that last season vs Dallas.
    Yep, you were the stupid one that thought the Eagles could handle this "spot". They did not come to play.

The game was over by half time.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    This is a classic example of what I mean about "spots". Carolina (knowing they are in the playoffs) on the road on a short week vs a team used to this particular (turkey day) game having to win out with their hero back. Here we have a perfect "spot" for a Carolina loss.

Dallas in Carolina in a playoff game would lose. There we have a different "spot".
    Perfect.

Just, perfect.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Perfect.

Just, perfect.
    Why not look at the betting line little man, ok? Yep, it was a perfect 'spot" for a Carolina loss, that's why a 10-0 team was the underdog, ya reckon? Little man.....short week, on the road vs a team in a must win situation......now think just a little bit, ok? Little did we know Romo wasn't ready to play by Thursday.

Do you know anything at all about the game? Anything?

How did I know the Eagles would look so bad, well?

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    so many fails in dat thread... in retrospect

Cowboys
    Eagles

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Yep, you were the stupid one that thought the Eagles could handle this "spot". They did not come to play.

The game was over by half time.
    It had nothing to do with "the spot". The Eagles are a bad football team. It doesn't matter if they were playing on Thanksgiving, on the road, at home, On Monday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday. They'll lose because they're a terribly coached team who's owner gave the head coach permission to gut the team of its talent. The Eagles are a dysfunctional organization.

I mean, Carolina played its first Thanksgiving Day game against the Cowboys and didn't have a problem with "the Spot" against a team accustomed to "the spot".

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Why not look at the betting line little man, ok? Yep, it was a perfect 'spot" for a Carolina loss, that's why a 10-0 team was the underdog, ya reckon? Little man.....short week, on the road vs a team in a must win situation......now think just a little bit, ok? Little did we know Romo wasn't ready to play by Thursday.
    Most people did.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count

Do you know anything at all about the game? Anything?

How did I know the Eagles would look so bad, well?
    A Qb who has been on the shelf for so long, multiple severe injury history, quick second game back for a very sore 36 year old who was beaten up the game before and you bite on that? There was zero discussion from you on this very obvious problem. And you dare say you understand football? You are an idiot.

As far as the line, it's set so that the public will bet on each side of it. Do you get this dumbass? Vegas does not want 5 times as much money on one side of a line fathead. Vegas tries to get the vibe of the public, that's the art. So basically what you are admitting to is being no better than a headless toad at analyzing games and lines.

So newsflash, the public sometimes goes wildly against the set line (Rousey; Vegas took a hit) or they don't with a huge amount of money in play making Vegas at its most profitable; the middle man assuring lots money changes hands fairly with their cut for doing so. This is what Vegas does you dumb Fck. With sports gambling this IS THE PRIMARY FUNCTION.
    Last edited by pgardn; 11-28-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Thread Information