Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    So in your world, a black guy should have to make an A to be equal to a white guy who makes a B or an Asian guy who makes a C?
    This analogy makes no sense. Wentz gets an A+++++ so far. He makes some amazing throws, can read a defense and even change the protection already. He has an in-depth grasp of the running game, too. This is all stuff that takes even the best quarterbacks years to learn, yet Wentz is already showing those skills now.

Dak is only being asked to manage the game. He's a one-read QB who stares down his receivers. Once there's enough tape on him, he's screwed.

I know your new schtick is recycling Trill and Creepn's old schtick of playing the race card, but your take here is just re ed.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    So in your world, a black guy should have to make an A to be equal to a white guy who makes a B or an Asian guy who makes a C?
    CN already said it, but in what world does Wentz only get a B? He's had two dominant wins (albeit against crappy opposition) on a team that a lot of people thought would contend for worst in the NFC.

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Tell that to the NCAA, where the NFL gets all its QB's.

We will see two black QB's in that NCAA Championship game.

Best rookie QB in NFL...black.
    Last MVP....black QB
    Last 4 seasons the NFC rep in the SB had a black QB.
    Best QB rating in the NFL in 2015....black QB
    Pro bowl MVP...black QB
    I`ll like the kid, as college QB, but if he`ll be great in the NFL it will be all about his passing skills and game managing.

Post Count
    CN already said it, but in what world does Wentz only get a B? He's had two dominant wins (albeit against crappy opposition) on a team that a lot of people thought would contend for worst in the NFC.
    It's not even about the wins and losses for me. It's about the way Wentz plays. It's early, he'll have his ups and downs, but he has the brains and poise of a vet.

Post Count
    I`ll like the kid, as college QB, but if he`ll be great in the NFL it will be all about his passing skills and game managing.
    I will say this for Jackson: he's shown that he can already read a defense and beat them with his brain and his arm. That's a good sign for his NFL career. Petrino runs an NFL-style offense, and Jackson specifically sought out pro-style teams in his recruitment because that's what he wanted to play in. He didn't want to play in the typical dumbed-down college offense where all you do is count how many people are in the box and either run the read-option or throw. Nothing's guaranteed, but I think he'll excel on Sundays. He has the right mindset and skills - and great coaching too.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Even at the beginning of the season I had the Eagles starting out 2-0 and 3-1 before losing out.

But I kind of swapped my Skins/Eagles prediction for this year now.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    wentz has had the most impressive first 2 games that i recall since cam tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    this denver qb scrub looks pretty decent today.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    wentz has had the most impressive first 2 games that i recall since cam tbh
    derek carr?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    if we're strictly talking first 2 games i'd say wentz. but carr has already established himself as a good qb in the league, wentz isn't there yet

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Both Wentz and Prescott have...IT...and no we don't need to slow down on this one. And, both will (obviously) be getting better, total impressed with both guys. Sure sure there will be that game where it's just not there but that has nothing to do with where these guys are at.

I talked about RGIII being a stupid idea instead of taking Wentz, but had no idea just how stupid that was until now.

The black/white thing is actually about mobility, most blacks can run. If a white QB can motor, cool~

Speaking of black rookie QB's, RGIII was rookie of the year, Cam Newton set rookie records and Russell Wilson..

Wilson finished the 2012 regular season ranked 4th in the NFL in passer rating (100.0), beating the previous rookie record set by Ben Roethlisberger in 2004 (98.1). He threw for 3,118 yards and 26 touchdowns, tying Peyton Manning's record for most touchdowns thrown by a rookie,[75] and rushed for 489 yards and four touchdowns. Wilson's scrambling mobility and ability to extend plays outside the pocket with his legs earned numerous comparisons to Hall of Fame quarterback Fran Tarkenton.[76][77][78]
    Last edited by Avante; 09-26-2016 at 11:48 AM.

Post Count
    Both Wentz and Prescott have...IT...and no we don't need to slow down on this one.
    Wow, how convenient for you.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Wow, how convenient for you.
    Use your head little guy, we have seen rookie QB;s step right in and take off a number of times, same with running backs. Then we have seen those that take some time.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    My Dak has ushered the Romo era to a close

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Wentz, not Palmer

But will be better than Palmer soon

nostradamous take here fam

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Alabama
    Tampa Bay
    Louisville
    Seattle
    Ohio State
    Texas
    Buffalo
    San Francisco
    Minnesota
    Nebraska
    Clemson
    Dallas
    Notre Dame
    Carolina

get what an athletic QB can do.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Eagles made Dak, not Zeke and the OL, beat them... and he did. Zeke was a relative non-factor and shut down for the most part (held under 100 yards for the first time in a LONG time) but Dak pulled a Romo and beat them in the passing game in spite of adversity and a major late first-half error... incredible.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If you can find a guy who can hurt a defense with his legs ALSO, why pass on him for an Eli Manning type? The stress a running QB puts on a defense is a real big deal, it changes everything.

With so many of the top NCAA programs with black mobile QB;s it really is just a matter of time before guys like Tom Brady are obsolete.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Alabama
    Tampa Bay
    Louisville
    Seattle
    Ohio State
    Texas
    Buffalo
    San Francisco
    Minnesota
    Nebraska
    Clemson
    Dallas
    Notre Dame
    Carolina

get what an athletic QB can do.
    Half of those teams you listed have scrubs for QBs and are mediocre teams themselves. Poor take on your part.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Half of those teams you listed have scrubs for QBs and are mediocre teams themselves. Poor take on your part.
    Dude, what's with this.....I MUST PROVE AVANTE WRONG ALL THE TIME ABOUT EVERYTHING....trip? Come on little guy, hahahaha~~~~

When was the last time we saw...

Notre Dame
    Alabama
    Clemson
    Nebraska
    Louisville
    Ohio State

....all with black QB's? If ya follow HS ball what are we seeing there?

There is a real good chance we will see two black QB's in that NCAA le game this season. And look at the NFC. The last four champs QB's....

black
    black
    black
    black

And now here's Dak Prescott.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    so derek carr is your next great qb. When are the bqs going to have one?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    so derek carr is your next great qb. When are the bqs going to have one?
    Carr had a 76.6 QB rating as a roolkie, Russell Wilon 100.0. Wilson had a 64.1 comp %, Carr 58.1.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Carr had a 76.6 QB rating as a roolkie, Russell Wilon 100.0. Wilson had a 64.1 comp %, Carr 58.1.
    what's your point

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Dude, what's with this.....I MUST PROVE AVANTE WRONG ALL THE TIME ABOUT EVERYTHING....trip? Come on little guy, hahahaha~~~~

When was the last time we saw...

Notre Dame
    Alabama
    Clemson
    Nebraska
    Louisville
    Ohio State

....all with black QB's? If ya follow HS ball what are we seeing there?

There is a real good chance we will see two black QB's in that NCAA le game this season. And look at the NFC. The last four champs QB's....

black
    black
    black
    black

And now here's Dak Prescott.
    Those teams black QBs in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s; Tony Rice, Tommy Frazier? o?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    what's your point
    The best young QB in the league is Russell Wilson, that is my point.

Thread Information