My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Wiggy came to his rescue though

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Surprised 0/10

Best rookie center showing the league who the best rookie center and the best post player in the league is.

Okafor with Rubio + Wiggins (without Noel and his D-League guards) is basically a 23/8 player his rookie year.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Took a wet hot down his throat, dominated in the post and midrange, drew 4 fouls on him and blocked his shot twice.

Lakers
    Last edited by SuperCam; 11-24-2015 at 01:23 AM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Surprised 0/10

Best rookie center showing the league who the best rookie center and the best post player in the league is.

Okafor with Rubio + Wiggins (without Noel and his D-League guards) is basically a 23/8 player his rookie year.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Cant lie he did ...still taking Towns and and Porzy over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Russell?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure what is this video supposed to prove.. aside of noel's tiness

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    To early to say. I think judging PG's this early is pre-mature. I learned from the early Dwill vs. CP3. Dwill owned the headtohead led his team to more success early on but is there anyone that still thinks Dwill is better than CP3? Comparing bigs to PG's makes little sense. Russ's comp is Mudiay.

To me the pressure is on Randle. Part of why we chose Russ was because we had Randle at PF. HE is the one that has to justify us passing on Oakafor and for me to a greater extent Porzy.

But glad to see Oak take that matchup with Towns, personal. I fully expect him to drop 20 on us as well. ...

BTW if this season's struggles leads us to Simmons it will be well worth it. I would rather have Simmons/Russ/Randle than Oak/Randle/No pick.

Not sure what the rush is to judge Russell. Sure, some of the rooks have flashed more production. But Lakers suck anyways. People need to chill.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 11-24-2015 at 09:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To early to say. I think judging PG's this early is pre-mature. I learned from the early Dwill vs. CP3. Dwill owned the headtohead led his team to more success early on but is there anyone that still thinks Dwill is better than CP3? Comparing bigs to PG's makes little sense. Russ's comp is Mudiay.

To me the pressure is on Randle. Part of why we chose Russ was because we had Randle at PF. HE is the one that has to justify us passing on Oakafor and for me to a greater extent Porzy.

But glad to see Oak take that matchup with Towns, personal. I fully expect him to drop 20 on us as well. ...

BTW if this season's struggles leads us to Simmons it will be well worth it. I would rather have Simmons/Russ/Randle than Oak/Randle/No pick.

Not sure what the rush is to judge Russell. Sure, some of the rooks have flashed more production. But Lakers suck anyways. People need to chill.
    I was basically asking if you'd take Porzingis over him.

That said, Russell won't be a bust. You can see the potential there for a very good point guard. I don't like the pick for a rebuilding team because point guards outside of Magic and Curry are rarely centerpieces you can build around. A PG is usually the final piece of the puzzle. It's usually wiser to fill out your roster, see what the strengths of your players are, and then find a PG who is best compatible (e.g. you don't want Chris Paul with a run-and-gun team, or Nash with a half-court, grind-it-out team). I also think Russell is too slow to ever turn into a perennial all-star. Oak or Porz was the logical choice. Both centers, so you slot them next to Randle, and if they wouldn't have worked out, bigs will always have trade value.

What do you with Simmons? He's a PF. If you luck into Simmons, Randle has to be moved or benched (Randle can't play small forward, like Luva thinks).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was basically asking if you'd take Porzingis over him.

That said, Russell won't be a bust. You can see the potential there for a very good point guard. I don't like the pick for a rebuilding team because point guards outside of Magic and Curry are rarely centerpieces you can build around. A PG is usually the final piece of the puzzle. It's usually wiser to fill out your roster, see what the strengths of your players are, and then find a PG who is best compatible (e.g. you don't want Chris Paul with a run-and-gun team, or Nash with a half-court, grind-it-out team). I also think Russell is too slow to ever turn into a perennial all-star. Oak or Porz was the logical choice. Both centers, so you slot them next to Randle, and if they wouldn't have worked out, bigs will always have trade value.

What do you with Simmons? He's a PF. If you luck into Simmons, Randle has to be moved or benched (Randle can't play small forward, like Luva thinks).
    I think you always take the best player/prospect. They thought Russ would be better long term so we shall see. I think they also liked Porzy over Oak so even if we did not take Russ we were taking Porzingis. And yes, maybe I did not word it properly but I would take Porzy over Oak and Russell Kat over anyone else. But it's still early.

As for Simmons I think you figure that out later. You try simmons at SF and if it's not a good fit Randle/Simmons then you probably move Randle. Both need to develop a jumper though ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    0-15

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I aint gonna hate on Oak, I think that is unfair. But as I said Not sure any other Franchise/HOF big is sitting on an 0-15. Mad props for outplaying KAT head2head.
    Real talk though not Shaq, David, Hakeem, Tim not even Dwight/Advais etc. None are gonna be sitting on an 0-15. Not sure any of them have ever lost that many games in a row even as rookies

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    not sure what is this video supposed to prove.. aside of noel's tiness
    What did Okafor do on the other end when Big Al was ting on BOTH Noel/Okafor? (BTW: Big Al is a defender & Noel is in the league b/c of his defense)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did Okafor do on the other end when Big Al was ting on BOTH Noel/Okafor? (BTW: Big Al is a defender & Noel is in the league b/c of his defense)
    I don't know, i wasn't watching. I'm just saying the video you posted has almost nothing to do with okafor, and a lot to do with Noel.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I don't know, i wasn't watching. I'm just saying the video you posted has almost nothing to do with okafor, and a lot to do with Noel.
    Okafor didn't want to guard Big Al b/c he was going to get his ass handed to him just like he did when he tried on a couple of occasions. On the other end, Big Al had no problem taking the assignment & locking him up. (Best post player my ass)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Okafor didn't want to guard Big Al b/c he was going to get his ass handed to him just like he did when he tried on a couple of occasions. On the other end, Big Al had no problem taking the assignment & locking him up. (Best post player my ass)
    he got worked that game by a vet. Against a fellow less polished rook he looked like a star. The truth lies between the two extremes. I think he will be a good pro a very good pro. But the hype here is crazy. You would think this was Sixers or Duke forum
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 11-24-2015 at 05:23 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    he got worked that game by a vet. Against a fellow less polished rook he looked liek a star. The truth lies between the two extremes. I think he will be a good pro a very good pro. But the hype here is crazy. You would think this was Sixers or Duke forum
    Dude ain't much better than Greg Monroe, tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dude ain't much better than Greg Monroe, tbh
    Wont go that far. To early to tell. I think he can be prime Al Jeff may be better. We shall see.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Okafor

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Wont go that far. To early to tell. I think he can be prime Al Jeff may be better. We shall see.
    I'm talking about RIGHT NOW, not his ceiling. Muphuckas out here claiming he's the best post up player in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe someone took Russell over this guy and Porzingis.

Thread Information