MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    League fcked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs simply ahead of the curve once again. Defenses today are designed to force mid-range J's, so the Spurs simply implemented a squad/system that will happily take & make em.

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soo....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for sharing these Nono.

The only one still lagging offensively in our squad is Danny, from everwhere really. Missed some good looks tonight too, wide open... can't blame LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted them so everyone can draw their own conclusions... at least with a 1/4 of the season gone by...

Personally, what sticks out to me is how much we've shifted away from the 3 point shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted them so everyone can draw their own conclusions... at least with a 1/4 of the season gone by...

Personally, what sticks out to me is how much we've shifted away from the 3 point shot.
    Is it possible to get the shot chart from last year? Just to visually compare this year and last year?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This chart tells you that it will be harder to cover the Spurs because they are a threat from everywhere on the floor. Harder to shut down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Me too, but its personnel.
    LMA and WEst live on the midrange.
    Timmy and Tony do to.
    Kawhi shoots from everywhere, but if you ask him to get his own shot, he's getting the midrange.
    Kyle in reality is a midrange shooter, Pop trying to make him a 3 pt shooter, and apparently he's in Diaw's mold. He would rather drive or do something else than shoot the 3.
    Danny cold.
    Patty and Manu bombing away, but Patty getting his own looks likes to get a midrange shot coming from a screen.
    Simmons has become more aggressive from 3, and he's looking promising early (work with Chip paying off hopefully?). He's not a threat from midrange, so encourage the 3 from him all the way. If he's run from the line, he will get to the rim easy.
    Boris loves the midrange as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it possible to get the shot chart from last year? Just to visually compare this year and last year?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although they look the same, more structure this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although they look the same, more structure this year.
    We've switched the Restricted Area to the Mid-Range... which is somewhat expected when you switch your primary offensive scorer from TP to LMA/Kawhi...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still very active from the midrange but a lot more 3 pt shots.. from all over the arc. That was probably the real Danny Green (not this guy from this season) and Marco. I notice only 34% from the top, those were all the bad shots from Boris, and lest we forget Bon Bon started a lot of games last season on account of Tiago's injury and he only shot 36.5% from his spots.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Heatmap is pretty badass tbh

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS has by far the best shot chart. Not sure why you would respond with this based on the subject matter of the thread.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS has by far the best shot chart. Not sure why you would respond with this based on the subject matter of the thread.
    Are you re ed too got? The Spurs have weapons for the whole ing court. Harder to shut that down got. The warriors just shoot threes and near the rim. That's why a team like the Spurs can shut down GSW because it is easier to shut down when they have few options. Give them the midrange and they will struggle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats this? Predator?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some ing people don't understand basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting data! As we all know, the Spurs work the midrange better than most teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats this? Predator?
    No. These are heat maps which visually explain where the Spurs are taking and making their shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. These are heat maps which visually explain where the Spurs are taking and making their shots.
    I know man, I was kidding such a classic

Danny needs to get to the Choppa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those corner threes are on fire.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a comprehensive MRI of a woman's reproductive system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs offense is perfectly built for playoff basketball. Really like our non-RA shot and shooting percentage compared to the Warriors. We also score much more easily from the midrange than them (yes, they have a higher percentage, but we're able to generate twice as many looks) and those are the easiest shots to get in the playoffs. The Warriors style is something that doesn't historically "work" in the post-season, but they've proved that wrong last season, obviously. Though, Cleveland pushed them without Kyrie for the final 5 games by defending the 3 point shot hard and slowing down the tempo. GS "only" shot 36% from 3 in that series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting how the talk in the preseason was how much LMA would draw defenders to him trying to cheat while leaving shooters more open for the three. But people never factored in how much LMA would affect the pacing and spacing for the whole team...to still wildly positive results but certainly different from what we're accustomed to.

Thread Information