Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony was great, I've always said that about Tony when he was playing at that level. That's because great recognize great, but getting too old recognize getting too old. Tony never had that "beautiful game" game, he had the "one man fast break" thing going, more so than anyone I've seen until Irving who cannot stay healthy. Tony traveled a lot, carried the ball a lot, but he was so goddamned fast that the refs couldn't see it.

In those "his best plays" videos, Tony ignored the 2nd man on the 2 on 1 break about 90% of the time. He got away with it, but as he aged we realized it wasn't because he knew he could finish. It was because he didn't ing see him or he was never looking to pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot how horrible that 07 Cavs team was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, doesn't this kind of go both ways?

And by shutting down you mean being by far the highest scorer on the team right (scoring more than Duncan himself)? Just want to clarify...
    Parker is a system player, always has been, he relied on Duncan to score and get open. Duncan cruised on offense while he let Parker hero ball against a 21 year old "Boobie" Gibson and penetrated against Illgauskus/Gooden.

Lebron shot 35% that series, it was due to Duncan. Bowen couldn't guard Lebron, he was getting man handled by him, Duncan made him look like an even better than he was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is a system player, always has been, he relied on Duncan to score and get open. Duncan cruised on offense while he let Parker hero ball against a 21 year old "Boobie" Gibson and penetrated against Illgauskus/Gooden.

Lebron shot 35% that series, it was due to Duncan. Bowen couldn't guard Lebron, he was getting man handled by him, Duncan made him look like an even better than he was.
    There are, at any point in basketball about 10 non systems players that are net positive. WE get it, basketball is a team game and you have your HOF big man do HOF big man things. Duncan did not move parkers legs or arms in any of those videos. He did cover up parkers average at best defense and set screens, pic and roll, etc etc,.

Anyway, Start your own Duncan HOF highlight threads, Only dumbasses say Duncan isn't a top 5 talent. He doesn't need defending. For some reason people like to whitewash parker as if he didn't score all the points. You can say there were other, better guards during the 2000's. You can't say any of those were on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot how horrible that 07 Cavs team was.
    Still can't believe that team got past the Pistons...

Lebron absolutely went off that series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh he was better than Parker in every single game and series in his prime and near prime? Good analysis.
    Definitely. He drew double teams and anchored the defense during his prime/near prime. Only thing Enrique did well during that time was score.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these posters boasting about a specific player at the expense of another thereby boxing themselves into rooting against a fellow Spur.

Fckn re ed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also forgot nobody gave a about Parker those days, it was all about Kobe Lebron TD Arenas and the new Celtics, lol ¨dominant¨.

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the player's understanding between Manu and Parker is just beautiful to watch..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Lol, doesn't this kind of go both ways?

And by shutting down you mean being by far the highest scorer on the team right (scoring more than Duncan himself)? Just want to clarify...
    Could you please provide me with LeBron's FG% & explain why Tim dished out more assists than Enrique?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also forgot nobody gave a about Parker those days, it was all about Kobe Lebron TD Arenas and the new Celtics, lol ¨dominant¨.
    Who is nobody?

Nobody watched the championship series either so I guess we did not win.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

They replaced Ben Wallace w/ washed up Webber & LeBron took advantage by driving to the hoop every time he got the ball. Things changed in the Finals when Tim was manning the paint.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Still tougher than being guarded by a washed Rashard Lewis in 2014, tbh...
    Kawhi sure did make LeBron seem like washed up Rashard Lewis on defense (Lewis was checking Tiago/Diaw)

Make sure you add the Hughes/Lebron references also...the other guys who guarded him in the series (for longer).
    Enrique killed them on the PnR not on isolations so whoever was on him is irrelevant for the most part. Big Z didn't want to help off Tim & they had no shot blockers (Tony's nemesis) so once he got a pick & turned the corner it was a mad dash to the rim. Enrique could never what Manu did in the '05 Finals when he was dealing w/ Ben Wallace/Sheed in the paint along w/ being checked by Prince who made Kobe look average in the '04 Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They replaced Ben Wallace w/ washed up Webber & LeBron took advantage by driving to the hoop every time he got the ball. Things changed in the Finals when Tim was manning the paint.
    Starting at 2:23 of this vid....that go ahead Lebron dunk and game tying dunk were insane. I can vividly remember me and my brother looking at each other like "This guy is a ing monster".

Last edited by Silver&Black; 11-24-2015 at 10:36 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    larry hughes was injured that series, just checked and he only played 20 minutes in games 1 and 2. lebron had to do everything for that team, hughes and Z were worthless in the finals. They had nothing left when they faced us, and we were cruising- our only real challenge the suns screwed themselves (thanks bobo), and the mavs collapsed to the dubs leaving us a joke wcf vs the jazz. That suns series i think is one of the few where the entire big 3 did their thing at the same time, and is definitely among parker's best series IMO. parker is finals mvp because in the finals he had the best scoring numbers, over the playoffs timmy was clearly the best. manu's 05 finals was way better than tony's 07 finals, i dont think that finals series is even in parker's own top 5 list, it was just too easy.

my parker top 5 series are:

07 vs suns
    08 vs suns
    13 vs warriors
    13 vs grizzlies
    13 vs heat - the team's playoffs mvp that year, no question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP won FMVP against Daniel mother ing Gibson and Shannon Brown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is nobody?

Nobody watched the championship series either so I guess we did not win.
    Who are you? that says everything, who is everything? you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP won FMVP against Daniel mother ing Gibson and Shannon Brown
    Yes, the same Daniel Gibson that averaged 14 PPG the series before against the Pistons and was the team's second option behind Lebron. And he really only was on Parker in G3 & 4. Parker had already done his damage to the other guys by then. They tried to put Lebron on Parker a few times but Parker was obviously too quick for him, so they stopped doing that (and Lebron would have wasted all his energy having to keep up with Parker).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yah, everyone acts like they were such a terrible team just because the Spurs (led by Parker) swept them. They were a top-5 defense that year and knocked off a top-seeded Pistons team. Just because Parker made their defense look like garbage doesn't mean they were a garbage defense. Parker just went off that series. For the krew's sake, we all wish he wouldn't have.
    Last edited by SASdynasty!; 11-24-2015 at 10:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew gooden and big z defending the rim

but seriosuly miss big 3 on their prime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are, at any point in basketball about 10 non systems players that are net positive. WE get it, basketball is a team game and you have your HOF big man do HOF big man things. Duncan did not move parkers legs or arms in any of those videos. He did cover up parkers average at best defense and set screens, pic and roll, etc etc,.

Anyway, Start your own Duncan HOF highlight threads, Only dumbasses say Duncan isn't a top 5 talent. He doesn't need defending. For some reason people like to whitewash parker as if he didn't score all the points. You can say there were other, better guards during the 2000's. You can't say any of those were on the Spurs.

San Antonio's system in '07 was all Duncan, there is no Parker without him, and there have been tons and tons of guards better than Parker that just didn't have the opportunity to play with a beast like Duncan. Parker has made a career of riding Tim's coattails and has received credit for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, the same Daniel Gibson that averaged 14 PPG the series before against the Pistons and was the team's second option behind Lebron. And he really only was on Parker in G3 & 4. Parker had already done his damage to the other guys by then. They tried to put Lebron on Parker a few times but Parker was obviously too quick for him, so they stopped doing that (and Lebron would have wasted all his energy having to keep up with Parker).
    A Pistons team without Ben Wallace, without him, there were no Pistons, they were all aging. The East was very weak that year.

Larry Hughes was Cleveland's 2nd best defender outside of Lebron, he got injured against the Pistons and played sparingly against the Spurs in games 1 & 2. That left Parker to do damage against a 21 year old "Boobie" Gibson.

The Cavs were very inexperienced and young with a mix of vets, yet very unathletic, they were horrible. Can you imagine a front line of Gooden-Illgauskus making it to the Finals in today's NBA? They were so slow you could just run right past them which is what Parker did.

Lebron was barely in his 2nd playoff appearance and wasn't in his prime, Pavlovic was a borderline NBA player, Gooden-Illgauskus were bench players at best, Gibson was very inexperienced etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Pistons team without Ben Wallace, without him, there were no Pistons, they were all aging. The East was very weak that year.

Larry Hughes was Cleveland's 2nd best defender outside of Lebron, he got injured against the Pistons and played sparingly against the Spurs in games 1 & 2. That left Parker to do damage against a 21 year old "Boobie" Gibson.

The Cavs were very inexperienced and young with a mix of vets, yet very unathletic, they were horrible. Can you imagine a front line of Gooden-Illgauskus making it to the Finals in today's NBA? They were so slow you could just run right past them which is what Parker did.

Lebron was barely in his 2nd playoff appearance and wasn't in his prime, Pavlovic was a borderline NBA player, Gooden-Illgauskus were bench players at best, Gibson was very inexperienced etc.
    Imagine?! A front court of Mozgov/Thompson just did last year!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine?! A front court of Mozgov/Thompson just did last year!
    They're levels ahead of Illgauskus-Gooden, it's not even close, you also didn't mention that they also have Irving-Love (both injured) on the roster. Lebron wasn't even in his prime in '07 or physically matured for that matter, he was barely at 245 or so in that series, he was 270+ with the Heat, if Bowen couldn't guard him at 240, I shutter to think what 270+ LBJ would do to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're levels ahead of Illgauskus-Gooden, it's not even close, you also didn't mention that they also have Irving-Love (both injured) on the roster. Lebron wasn't even in his prime in '07 or physically matured for that matter, he was barely at 245 or so in that series, he was 270+ with the Heat, if Bowen couldn't guard him at 240, I shutter to think what 270+ LBJ would do to him.
    I really don't care if he was near his prime, in his prime, or not. The guy had one of the most dominant performances ever in the Conference Finals 2 games before.

He scored 48, including his team's last 25 points. I could care less about primes when a player is doing that. Not only has he never done that since, but that could be something we never see again.

Thread Information