The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    The Eastern Conference has 9 teams with a winning record and 2 teams with a .500 record. They even have another team that's only 1 game below .500.

The Western Conference has 5 teans with a winning record and 1 team with a .500 record.

And the team that got blown out multiple times this season (including by 30 and 50 points) is the 4th best team in the West and a game out of 3rd place. That's just how big of a joke the West has been this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The West at the top still much better, IMO..Warriors/Spurs/OKC or an improved Clippers >>>> Cavs/Chicago/ Hawks or Miami etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, its still early. If this continues into January then yeah.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    I was waiting for someone to finally post a thread about this two weeks ago.

The East is 13 teams deep. I still saw posters parading their ill-informed thoughts of the Eastern Conference still being atrocious when at that moment, the western conference 8th team was under 50%

I wondered if you all thought it would be like this forever if by the assumption you thought the Youth of the Western Conference would last forever. The East was drafting all the talent for the past 5 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The East had 3 of the top 4 teams in the league from 2008 to 2010, too, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was waiting for someone to finally post a thread about this two weeks ago.

The East is 13 teams deep. I still saw posters parading their ill-informed thoughts of the Eastern Conference still being atrocious when at that moment, the western conference 8th team was under 50%

I wondered if you all thought it would be like this forever if by the assumption you thought the Youth of the Western Conference would last forever. The East was drafting all the talent for the past 5 years.
    13 teams deep of . When thing really matters it will still be Lebron, next to whatever scrubs are healthy by that time, getting out of that conference just to get anally raped by whoever makes it from the West.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The East has better mid-tier teams, tbh, but ya, none of them are impressive outside of Cleveland..I'd still be surprised if any of them are better than the Rockets or Clippers, or even the Grizzlies by the end of year..

Teams like the Hornets and Raptors have very low ceilings..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say whoever wins the Lakers vs. 76ers epic showdown next week has the better overall conference.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    13 teams deep of . When thing really matters it will still be Lebron, next to whatever scrubs are healthy by that time, getting out of that conference just to get anally raped by whoever makes it from the West.
    For what its worth. I said nothing about the playoffs. Like I said. The East has been drafting most of the talent the past 5 drafts. The East is still better than the west in quality. It doesn't matter how crappy you think they'll be in the playoffs when overall, the quality outside of cliche bandwagon team has hiked and the Western Conference has dipped. You know when you said 13 teams full of , you basically dismissed the LeBrons too?

Watch me reinvent your sentence: 6 teams deep of . When things really matters it will still be Curry, next to whatever all-stars are healthy by that time, getting out of that conference just to anally rape whoever makes it from the East.

Meh. These teams will be able to beat Lebron within 2 years span. I'd be surprised if they did it this year. I'm just waiting for Eastern Conference teams to realize: "OH , they've been running the same plays for LeBron for the past 5 years". Cleveland is still a crappy team that's not even better than the Spurs. Already, they NBA had to bail them out of their losing streaks (New York, Milwaukee) since on the other coast, Golden State has made them look like without having to play them. They're still heavily reliant on officiating to win, isolations, and LeBron James to win. I watched them just to see their quality.

They are that exact 08-09 clone. They're just no Orlando Magic, Detroit Pistons, and Boston Celtics to stand in their way. Once again, it'll take two more years of maturing for those players to finally stop ting themselves in the playoffs.

As for the Warriors; they're already a dynasty. The rest of the West is going to have to sit this one out. Golden State's organization won't make the Thunder's mistakes in trading. We're still going to have to wait for the end of the year thing for the Spurs matchup.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    I'm also sorry you all haven't been watching the East very much to know any of the players in individual teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gamble on these games every night, I watch the East play all the time, I go to a Raptors game at least every 2 weeks, tbh..the East is definitely improved, but the teams still have low ceilings..

Charlotte has been really impressive, but there's no reason to believe a team relying on Jeremy Lin and Batum for a chunk of their playmaking is going to win in the playoffs, for example..

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    I gamble on these games every night, I watch the East play all the time, I go to a Raptors game at least every 2 weeks, tbh..the East is definitely improved, but the teams still have low ceilings..

Charlotte has been really impressive, but there's no reason to believe a team relying on Jeremy Lin and Batum for a chunk of their playmaking is going to win in the playoffs, for example..
    That's why I said give them a couple more years. They still lack assets to actually contend and take over conferences. Milwaukee is the closest team to do that.

However, all teams in the nba pale in comparison to the Golden State Warriors who are overwhelming two deep with heavily talented two way players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll judge Milwaukee when they rid themselves of one of the biggest on-court cancers in the NBA(MCW), but signing Monroe was probably a mistake, he's all empty numbers..

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    I'll judge Milwaukee when they rid themselves of one of the biggest on-court cancers in the NBA(MCW), but signing Monroe was probably a mistake, he's all empty numbers..
    That was probably their worst mistake. They probably thought Jason Kidd could save him from himself. That kid is a train wreck. Other than that, they'll be fine.

Toronto needs to get rid of Terrence Ross. That kid is holding them back with his non passionate ass. Carroll could be their third option to replace Ross completely. They need a fourth guy and to stop ting themselves.

If Roy Hibbert didnt' decide to regress into a form of hyper depression and have his numbers sent "Howling to the Abyss", they would have had a team to contend. They have the cancerous monta ellis who is one of those "so called" all-star players who doesn't help . Right now. Paul George, who I didn't know was still in his mid 20's is dominating for them. George Hill, CJ Miles, Case, and George are all strikers from three.

Washington: Bradley Beal is overrated as . They could use Durant coming up in free agency. They'd be instant favorites. They're missing a better 1st option other than Beal. They've somehow convinced Kris Humpries to become a competent three point shooter to stretch the floor. Gortat is....average enough. Nene is on the fringe of falling apart. His scoring production needs to be replaced. DURANT.

If Michael Kidd Gilchrist could stay healthy, Charlotte would have been much improved this season and wouldn't have bombed last season.

Chicago needs two other options ahead of Rose to be a contender. They need to get rid of Noah, and even Gasol. They need a younger competent bigs down low that can SHOOT. Wouldn't be surprised if it came from Philly since they're stacked with Noel/Embiid/Okafor. They need to keep McDermott who's shooting percentages are off the charts right now....and he's in his second freaking year.

New York is decent but their coaching is awful. They need some more talent around Porzingas because the sunset years is coming for Carmelo. They're about 2 and half players deep. Everything else looks third string and fringe.

Atlanta has a long playoff streak but tends to lose all confidence in themselves when it matters. They the definition of a placeholder team. Toronto is trying to at least not be one now.

Miami is an elite defensive team who keeps teams below 100 and out of the paint. They should be able to contend just with that. They're a surprisingly deep team but Amare is fools gold. Bosh and Wade still averaging over 17 so they have go to guys when they need it. I'm sure they're truly saving it for the playoffs. Whiteside and Winslow are going to be great. Whiteside..seemingly came out of nowhere.

Isaiah Thomas leads Boston in scoring; 21 per. Its important to remember that Thomas is 5-9.......the smallest guard in the league besides nate. Their coaching has been the true success of their game maximizing every other Smart, Olynyk, and Bradley. Turner is a cancer and despite that, they're still winning.

Orlando? That's a long story. In conclusion, all these teams are seemingly 1 to 3 two players away from contending. Some are just too young to contend at all but...still are winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That just means the West is more compe ive, and the teams are giving each other more trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, Bucks have been the biggest East disppointment( -7.2 in point differential with D collapsing totally ).. Pacers have been really solid, tbh..Didn't expect Paul to comeback this good..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For what its worth. I said nothing about the playoffs. Like I said. The East has been drafting most of the talent the past 5 drafts. The East is still better than the west in quality. It doesn't matter how crappy you think they'll be in the playoffs when overall, the quality outside of cliche bandwagon team has hiked and the Western Conference has dipped. You know when you said 13 teams full of , you basically dismissed the LeBrons too?

Watch me reinvent your sentence: 6 teams deep of . When things really matters it will still be Curry, next to whatever all-stars are healthy by that time, getting out of that conference just to anally rape whoever makes it from the East.

Meh. These teams will be able to beat Lebron within 2 years span. I'd be surprised if they did it this year. I'm just waiting for Eastern Conference teams to realize: "OH , they've been running the same plays for LeBron for the past 5 years". Cleveland is still a crappy team that's not even better than the Spurs. Already, they NBA had to bail them out of their losing streaks (New York, Milwaukee) since on the other coast, Golden State has made them look like without having to play them. They're still heavily reliant on officiating to win, isolations, and LeBron James to win. I watched them just to see their quality.

They are that exact 08-09 clone. They're just no Orlando Magic, Detroit Pistons, and Boston Celtics to stand in their way. Once again, it'll take two more years of maturing for those players to finally stop ting themselves in the playoffs.

As for the Warriors; they're already a dynasty. The rest of the West is going to have to sit this one out. Golden State's organization won't make the Thunder's mistakes in trading. We're still going to have to wait for the end of the year thing for the Spurs matchup.
    Almost a decade of every team having to win around 50 games just to make the playoffs and for a couple of months you are already declaring the East to be better than the West?

The truth is that in the West there are about 6 teams that would be favoured to beat every East team except Lebrons' (and that would still be a coin toss). Heck, if ing Sacramento was on the East with the chance of facing crap like the sixers 4 times a season they probably make the playoffs and would be part of your "deep 13" group .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say whoever wins the Lakers vs. 76ers epic showdown next week has the better overall conference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole league is pretty weak this year besides the Spurs.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Well it's official now.

Thread Information