Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah dude, this game looks ing *terrible*.
    That'll be like XBox Three level graphics by the time that launches tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'll be like XBox Three level graphics by the time that launches tbh.
    So the fact that we already have working demos of this means nothing? This is Cryengine 3. It already looks ing beautiful in it's Alpha state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the fact that we already have working demos of this means nothing? This is Cryengine 3. It already looks ing beautiful in it's Alpha state.
    I'm just clowning man, I really want this game to live up to the hype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just clowning man, I really want this game to live up to the hype.
    Me too.

But , it's hype is one of the greatest games ever.

Even if it misses that and "only" becomes the greatest space sim ever, I'll be more than satisfied. As soon as it gets to a more playable state, I'm picking up VR. Wondering if Oculus/Vive will release new headsets in 2017 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Man's Sky 1.5 tbh

Cry Havoc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Man's Sky 1.5 tbh

Cry Havoc
    hehehe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Star Citizen just dumped CryEngine to use Amazon's Lumberjack. LOL Crytek is dead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how many more years added before Havoc can get his hands on this now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the time this comes out the Nintendo console of the day will be able to play it at 4k 60 fps tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2.6 just launched with Star Marine (the FPS side of the game) included.

This is literally the most open, transparent development of a video game, perhaps entertainment product, in history. Every single log and change is available on their website. Star Citizen's development is more open and honest than our own government. You guys should be applauding the standards they're setting. They're making literally the most ambitious, complete video game ever created, and that takes a ton of time and effort. This is at least an order of magnitude more complex than a game like GTA V.

I fully expect Alpha 3.0 to launch at some point in early/mid 2017, and by then it will already be one of the most complex, intricate games ever created -- while still in an Alpha state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the time its ready to launch they'll opt to redo the entire game in Unreal 7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video Game Raised $148 Million From Fans. Now It’s Raising Concerns.

Mark Kearns, 38, a web designer and gamer from Chicago, stumbled upon a new video game called Star Citizen while online in late 2013. The game, which was in development, promised to revive the spaceflight simulation genre with a sprawling universe for players to explore.

Intrigued, Mr. Kearns decided to pledge money to see the game come to fruition. In total, he donated $175, which gained him access to Star Citizen’s alpha version — a playable version of the game in its early stages — plus a virtual ship to use in the game.

Mr. Kearns and others have now vaulted Star Citizen into the record books. Since 2013, the game has quietly amassed more than $148 million in funding — all from regular people who have donated either through the crowdfunding site Kickstarter or through the game’s online donations page. The amount is a record for a crowdfunded video game, and one of the largest for any crowdfunded project. Star Citizen’s developer, Cloud Imperium Games, has not taken any money from traditional financiers.

“My expectation was that we’d raise around $4 million,” said Chris Roberts, 48, the founder of Cloud Imperium Games. “I had investors lined up to help with the rest but Sandy, my wife, told me not to worry about investors — that we’d make it to $20 million. I told her she was crazy, and then it kind of went from there.”

Yet the gigantic sum of money has created issues for Star Citizen, which began with a modest goal of raising $500,000 in 2012. As the dollars have mounted, the ambitions of Cloud Imperium Games have grown, and the game’s official release has repeatedly been pushed back. Some gamers have demanded refunds. One even filed a formal complaint with the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office last year.

Read More: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/t...ng-issues.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find the people trying to channel their inner game publisher complaining about launch dates to be humorous. I know a couple of you are programmers yourselves and it reeks of Stockholm Syndrome.

The game does not have to follow those conventions. Unless they run out of funding the company is going nowhere. Comparing it to Duke Nukem who struggled to find funding for decades is plain ignorant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video Game Raised $148 Million From Fans. Now It’s Raising Concerns.

Mark Kearns, 38, a web designer and gamer from Chicago, stumbled upon a new video game called Star Citizen while online in late 2013. The game, which was in development, promised to revive the spaceflight simulation genre with a sprawling universe for players to explore.

Intrigued, Mr. Kearns decided to pledge money to see the game come to fruition. In total, he donated $175, which gained him access to Star Citizen’s alpha version — a playable version of the game in its early stages — plus a virtual ship to use in the game.

Mr. Kearns and others have now vaulted Star Citizen into the record books. Since 2013, the game has quietly amassed more than $148 million in funding — all from regular people who have donated either through the crowdfunding site Kickstarter or through the game’s online donations page. The amount is a record for a crowdfunded video game, and one of the largest for any crowdfunded project. Star Citizen’s developer, Cloud Imperium Games, has not taken any money from traditional financiers.

“My expectation was that we’d raise around $4 million,” said Chris Roberts, 48, the founder of Cloud Imperium Games. “I had investors lined up to help with the rest but Sandy, my wife, told me not to worry about investors — that we’d make it to $20 million. I told her she was crazy, and then it kind of went from there.”

Yet the gigantic sum of money has created issues for Star Citizen, which began with a modest goal of raising $500,000 in 2012. As the dollars have mounted, the ambitions of Cloud Imperium Games have grown, and the game’s official release has repeatedly been pushed back. Some gamers have demanded refunds. One even filed a formal complaint with the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office last year.

Read More: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/t...ng-issues.html
    Nono man, you do a lot of work with Sony. Can you tell me if there is going to be a PS6 port of this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nono man, you do a lot of work with Sony. Can you tell me if there is going to be a PS6 port of this?
    can't comment on unreleased products, tbh :\

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find the people trying to channel their inner game publisher complaining about launch dates to be humorous. I know a couple of you are programmers yourselves and it reeks of Stockholm Syndrome.

The game does not have to follow those conventions. Unless they run out of funding the company is going nowhere. Comparing it to Duke Nukem who struggled to find funding for decades is plain ignorant.
    Yup. And if they released it on time and it wasn't very good people would on them too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see this as a conundrum as well. On one hand you have to release something eventually, but on the other the fan boys will excuse every missed deadline because "you cannot rush it" as if they are waiting for it to be released as the Star Citizen Holodeck.

I agree that it has to mature, but so does the crowd and eventually those folks won't care so much about it any more, and let's be honest with ourselves; once it's released formally its' going to be ganking and pew pew and all the neat concepts that limited play seems to indicate as immersive and hours of cool group play will be "we want privacy" and a bunch of assholes will ruin the game just like every other online game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, I'm not invested in the game outcome, just shared a story about it

Thread Information