Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, apparently several pages of the Tech Forum are gone now, so I'll restart the thread.

This is looking sick.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which do you think releases first, Star Citizen or 10 GHz processors on graphene?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing this 's gonna exceed Molyneaux level of disappointment tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this game is anything less than Ocarina of Time level good it's going to be the biggest disappointment considering the enormous hype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which do you think releases first, Star Citizen or 10 GHz processors on graphene?
    I'm betting that the persistent universe beta is launched by fall of 2016. Definitely a long time, but it's honestly already a blast to play. I can't even fathom what kind of experience this could be on Vive or the Rift.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing this 's gonna exceed Molyneaux level of disappointment tbh
    I doubt it. Molyneaux failed because he was so trusting of his own genius. SC is really listening to feedback to assist in how this game should feel. It's a crowd-funded, crowd-designed effort. I think it's going to be massively fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm betting that the persistent universe beta is launched by fall of 2016. Definitely a long time, but it's honestly already a blast to play. I can't even fathom what kind of experience this could be on Vive or the Rift.
    Forgot about the Rift. But you'll probably have to have a high-end Pascal or Arctic Islands GPU pushing that though, since you'll need to be at a locked 90 fps. Probably an i7 too since that's CryEngine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot about the Rift. But you'll probably have to have a high-end Pascal or Arctic Islands GPU pushing that though, since you'll need to be at a locked 90 fps. Probably an i7 too since that's CryEngine.
    Probably, but this is a game that will be designed to run on systems for the next 5-10 years, much like Crysis. Right now I can run it on high at around 50fps, but that's on unoptimized code.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably, but this is a game that will be designed to run on systems for the next 5-10 years, much like Crysis. Right now I can run it on high at around 50fps, but that's on unoptimized code.
    I hope so, Crysis 1 is still a great game with awesome graphics 8 years later. But if it was as hard to run as Crysis 1 for the time you'd be getting about 20 fps on high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt it. Molyneaux failed because he was so trusting of his own genius. SC is really listening to feedback to assist in how this game should feel. It's a crowd-funded, crowd-designed effort. I think it's going to be massively fun.
    I hope so, the concept is there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got my PTU invite. Downloaded and verified it last night, will play it some today and give you guys my impressions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dogfighting without gravity looks boring IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Eve Online? Or am I way off? I was reading the wiki page amd it lost me at "massive multiplayer".

I've not played a good space sim since the Freespace games though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Eve Online? Or am I way off? I was reading the wiki page amd it lost me at "massive multiplayer".

I've not played a good space sim since the Freespace games though.
    Eve Online isn't really the same thing. It's more of a role playing game set in space. People refer to it as spreadsheet simulator online. It's really ing deep/complex.

SC is a hybrid game that combines a flight sim with FPS and EVAs. It will be much more accessible and easy to learn than Eve, and as of now is by far the most graphically impressive game (technically speaking) ever created. It's going to have a massive variety of players and playstyles and a real world living economy, just like Eve, with no monthly fee to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Eve was complicated as , and all I did was solo missions. Got bored after all my upgrades were a month or so each real time to complete. Then there were the losers that camped the jump gates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got in early with the Cutlass and I agree with what you are saying about the dev feedback. The Cutlass community is noticeably y and I've never seen devs do more to keep a group of people happy. We get reworks when we and now that they are nerfing our thrusters and hardpoints it looks like we might be given some pretty fabulous cross chassis offers.

I cannot troll their forums too much. They seem like too much of a company that I like. Single player will be out soon. The way they delay and perfect things without the typical publisher/financier breathing down their neck means it might be well over a year before we see the multiplayer persistent world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think of Elite Dangerous? They are introducing planetary landings in a galaxy with 400 billion stars (actually one system with 400 billion repeats of the same cut scene). The graphics look good, but not sure about the game play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't this an AMD Gaming Evolved game? And the GTX 970 outperforms the $100 more expensive R9 390x at 1080p?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    970 is nice. Is the game stable yet? They just fused multiple engines and it was crashing a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think of Elite Dangerous? They are introducing planetary landings in a galaxy with 400 billion stars (actually one system with 400 billion repeats of the same cut scene). The graphics look good, but not sure about the game play.
    Elite Dangerous? I don't know if your asking this question of me but I haven't played it in over a year so I couldn't comment on the planet stuff. I thought their faction system both the original concept and the expansion to give a story to it all was poorly conceived and implemented. Too campy.

It's all procedurally generated and doesn't have too much depth. I find it boring outside of running from PC pirate fleets or the occasional good battle. It's a decent flight sim but I'd rather play war thunder for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well logged in to check it out. They appear to have turned off the group finder in instance select.

Game is more stable but the spaceships don't stay where they spawn, moving around on the landing pad and wrecking things including itself.

Good times. I think it is very impressive that they had the capability to change their engine 2+ years into development and the stability has increased significantly over the past two patches. STill plays like right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to play this in 11 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Holy .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, they have pushed this game back so far and so many times I don't give a about it any more. If this actually going to release this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, they have pushed this game back so far and so many times I don't give a about it any more. If this actually going to release this year?
    It's the most ambitious game in history. SC alpha 3.0 is out this year. They're taking their time with it. How can you not care about a game when they're actually taking the time to do it right? Rushing a game is how you get a piece of like No Man's Sky.

Alpha 3 is already going to be one of the most immersive games in history. For comparison, Alan wake took 6 years. Too human took 9. Prey took 11. Dragon age took at least 5. Elder scrolls III took 6 and had over 100 man hour years invested in it. Fallout 3 took 6. HL2 took 5. LA Noire took 7. I could go on. SC is now in it's 5th year of development, and the size and complexity of this game makes GTA look tiny by comparison. It might not release a full version in 2017 but what's already there by the time it does is going to be well beyond anything we've ever seen in gaming in terms of scope and technical prowess. The reason it's been "pushed back" is because it was initially supposed to be a single player space flight game with 5 or 6 ships to fly. Now it's a single player campaign, an MMO (subscription free) in space with dozens to hundreds of different activities to participate in, and it's blending FPS and boarding parties into the mix as well as full planetary landings with no cinematic breaks. So yeah, they've pushed it back from a fairly ambitious game to easily the most ambitious game ever created.

Thread Information