Great pickup. .......more minutes please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will replace Manu when he retires

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude has huge potential. He is going to have bad games here and there..... but his potential makes him worth the growing pains. I hope he continues to grow and works on his shot with chip. He is dynamic.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can pass and get to the rim easily tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is going to get better with more minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been nice to see him show some of that potential we saw in the SL...hopefully he continues to make use of the limited PT he gets this year, and then becomes a legitimate rotation player next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been nice to see him show some of that potential we saw in the SL...hopefully he continues to make use of the limited PT he gets this year, and then becomes a legitimate rotation player next year
    This is very likely to happen. Also glad that he can really help in times of need this year, if someone is out resting or God Forbid injuries.
    Very nice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean made the point tonight it's important to build 20+ point leads with 7-8 to go in the fourth, which lets Pop give the starters lots of rest and the third unit guys serious burn. That's the only way to give Simmons time to develop (as well as Ray and Boban) and keeps Butler fresh. Anderson has more rotation minutes already carved out.

That drive and kick by Simmons was a thing of beauty. The mistakes will work themselves out with more game time.

I know this isn't about Anderson, but loved his effort on D and communication. Got burned a couple of times - it's the NBA, so it happens - but has active hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is early but and Pop doesn't like to play rookies but due to Andersons many limitations I could see Pops hand being forced here and him taking Andersons minutes by the end of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean made the point tonight it's important to build 20+ point leads with 7-8 to go in the fourth, which lets Pop give the starters lots of rest and the third unit guys serious burn. That's the only way to give Simmons time to develop (as well as Ray and Boban) and keeps Butler fresh. Anderson has more rotation minutes already carved out.

That drive and kick by Simmons was a thing of beauty. The mistakes will work themselves out with more game time.

I know this isn't about Anderson, but loved his effort on D and communication. Got burned a couple of times - it's the NBA, so it happens - but has active hands.
    Anderson is very much a team player. I liked how in the garbage time he kept giving the ball to Simmons and motivating him. Since Simmons' opportunities are more limited than his own, he wasn't calling his own number or like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is early but and Pop doesn't like to play rookies but due to Andersons many limitations I could see Pops hand being forced here and him taking Andersons minutes by the end of the year.
    They don't really play the same position sport!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is a high variance player like Manu. His ceiling is pretty high so it's easy to be excited about his future, but he can go through some destructive (in a bad way) lows.

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't mind giving him a lot of Manu's minutes this year and sitting Manu out a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons starting to get his mojo.....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice to see Anderson and Simmons bringing what they showed in the D League to the NBA. So far have liked both though Simmons has more potential I think Anderson is starting to carve out some playing time it will be interesting to see how they both develop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons needs to absolutely develop this year. Spurs will need a team that plays small ball well.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude has huge potential. He is going to have bad games here and there..... but his potential makes him worth the growing pains. I hope he continues to grow and works on his shot with chip. He is dynamic.
    My prediction of his demise may have been premature. Still, I can't think ST is generally over optimistic about this guy. I mean, we have people saying he'll replace Manu and stuff like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My prediction of his demise may have been premature. Still, I can't think ST is generally over optimistic about this guy. I mean, we have people saying he'll replace Manu and stuff like that.
    His last notable preseason defensive play where he went after the dribbler behind him was thing of beauty. I was so angry it was a foul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has been a bum and needs to step up his game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, Manu is retiring. Spurs will need a replacement and that's what most posters are implying. Nobody is saying he'll be as good as Manu. What people are saying that he's one of the better slashers in the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has been a bum and needs to step up his game

lmfao post

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's way too undisciplined and erratic to get minutes in real games, this year, but hopefully he gets enough experience that could make him a rotation player for next year, tbh..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's way too undisciplined and erratic to get minutes in real games, this year, but hopefully he gets enough experience that could make him a rotation player for next year, tbh..
    Hes erratic because hes desperate to show what hes got in the few minutes hes given. He'll have to deal with that because thats all hes getting this year but just saying that that is a major reason I think for any erratic play not necessarily who he is. I think thats true for any player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's at the tail end of the bench, and that's fine... Pop will make sure he gets over himself. Eventually, when Manu rests, he'll get time with quality players around him and hopefully he can show his game.

He'll likely also get some minutes when the team either wins or loses big, but it's difficult to get a good look playing with other third teamers...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is 25 and Kyle 21. Someone here mentioned Simmons having more potential than Kyle?

Thread Information