Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    College basketball sucks. Even my sports junkie grandma (who watches golf and will watch some poker and even curling) can't get into college basketball. It's in the same league as women's tennis or volleyball.
    I don't know what happened, or when it did, but somewhere in the late 90s or early 2000s, college basketball went to . I used to love watching it in the 80s and early 90s.

I think it would be better if they lowered the shot clock to 24, had four 10 minute quarters, told the refs to stop calling a foul on every possession, get rid of all the flippin timeouts (2 per quarter, with no carry over), get rid of the possession arrow (use the jump ball). and find a way to get these kids to stay at least 3 years (so we can learn who they are, watch them develop and grow up before our eyes, and also build team chemistry).

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    North Texas Mean Green
    Post Count
    I don't know what happened, or when it did, but somewhere in the late 90s or early 2000s, college basketball went to . I used to love watching it in the 80s and early 90s.

I think it would be better if they lowered the shot clock to 24, had four 10 minute quarters, told the refs to stop calling a foul on every possession, get rid of all the flippin timeouts (2 per quarter, with no carry over), get rid of the possession arrow (use the jump ball). and find a way to get these kids to stay at least 3 years (so we can learn who they are, watch them develop and grow up before our eyes, and also build team chemistry).
    - Lower the shot clock (agree)... 35 seconds breeds laziness and doesn't prepare them for the NBA
    - Agree on the quarters. Halves are sooooooooo dull
    - Agree on too many timeouts
    - Get rid of the "1 and 1's" crap
    - Agree on the possession arrow (that's the dumbest ever)
    - Make them decide between going straight out of HS (like Lebron/Kobe) and going at least 2 years. No one-and-done

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    College basketball sucks. Even my sports junkie grandma (who watches golf and will watch some poker and even curling) can't get into college basketball. It's in the same league as women's tennis or volleyball.
    Good...does that mean you'll stay the out of the March Madness thread? Or will you be in there melting down like you did ITT.

Closer than I thought it would be but there was no doubt Alabama would win. SEC rules~~~~~~

Derrick Henry another 100 yard game, the guy does need to do some speed work in the off season.

Some announcer once talked about his 11.00 100m as if that was fast, Reggie Bush ran a 10.4ish, Jamaal Charles a 10.1ish.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-12-2016 at 04:30 AM.

Closer than I thought it would be but there was no doubt Alabama would win. SEC rules~~~~~~

Derrick Henry another 100 yard game, the guy does need to do some speed work in the off season.

Some announcer once talked about his 11.00 100m as if that was fast, Reggie Bush ran a 10.4ish, Jamaal Charles a 10.1ish.
    Saban rules. That's about it.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    The onside kick, the kickoff return by Drake and the run by Coker for the first down late.

Drake was absolutely flying on that return. Once he got parrallel with the sideline he went to another gear. Incredible. On replay #15 for Clemson came from the origin of Drake's catch in a desperate attempt to run him down. Just an amazing play.

& Saban, he saw it all before him at 21-21. Where it was headed and then went about preventing his own ruination. That's how you do that. That's the lesson. He knew. He broke the chain of events that were ordained and sent the game on a completely different course where he was topsy & they were turvy.

They were going to crucify him, hang his ass from the tree of woe. & he got it stopped.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Alabama pulled off some huge plays. The at ude and discipline of their players make the Bengals look like a farm league team.

Henry got that early break away and then was stuffed. He got tackled a number of times in the open field by one man. Welcome to good tackling and a D that is not perpetually getting pushed backwards.

The talented dual threat QB in college is very difficult to stop even with a deep defense.

I still hate Saban even when he says all the right things.

Thats what I got.
    Last edited by pgardn; 01-12-2016 at 08:51 AM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    Alabama pulled off some huge plays. The at ude and discipline of their players make the Bengals look like a farm league team.

Henry got that early break away and then was stuffed. He got tackled a number of times in the open field by one man. Welcome to good tackling and a D that is not perpetually getting pushed backwards.

The talented dual threat QB in college is very difficult to stop even with a deep defense.

I still hate Saban even when he says all the right things.

Thats what I got.
    Yep. And Saban faced that awful truth last nite with incredible clarity.

I thought he was going to stand still and hope it didn't get worse. I was wrong.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Okay, I just gotta say if there is a Hall of Fame on spurstalk for threads, this one needs to go in. The UNT meltdown was epic! It was like driving up on a head-on collision, you want to turn your head and not see the carnage, but you can't.

I'm seriously thinking about going back to page 5 and re-reading this meltdown as it happens.

Oh, and just like USC fan used to think they were never going to stop winning les, Bama will one day fall from grace.

My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    The onside kick, the kickoff return by Drake and the run by Coker for the first down late.

Drake was absolutely flying on that return. Once he got parrallel with the sideline he went to another gear. Incredible. On replay #15 for Clemson came from the origin of Drake's catch in a desperate attempt to run him down. Just an amazing play.

& Saban, he saw it all before him at 21-21. Where it was headed and then went about preventing his own ruination. That's how you do that. That's the lesson. He knew. He broke the chain of events that were ordained and sent the game on a completely different course where he was topsy & they were turvy.

They were going to crucify him, hang his ass from the tree of woe. & he got it stopped.

all true but two wide open long tds for that TE and the first down on basically a short wheel type route by the same freaking TE that burnt them twice ... was backbreaking.
    I hate Kiffin but he called a great game that arrogant prick.

My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    Re ed play calling by Kiffin.
    Have no idea how he made it onto Sabans staff.
    what?! his shcemes made Coker look like a NFL QB. I hate Kiffin's ass but he is a good OC.

Saban rules. That's about it.
    Hmmmmm?

Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images

 Tweet Share on Twitter Share Share on Facebook Pin Pinterest 47 Comments

The Alabama Crimson Tide claimed their fourth national le in seven years on Monday and were rewarded with the No. 1 spot in the final Associated Press Top 25 shortly after. The Crimson Tide jumped ahead of Clemson, which finished at 14-1 and No. 2 after the 45-40 loss.
    This is the 10th time Alabama has finished the year ranked No. 1 in the AP Poll. The Crimson Tide started the year at No. 3 in the preseason poll and were never ranked higher than No. 2 before ending the year at No. 1. They have finished the year in the AP Top 10 in eight straight seasons.

Clemson's No. 2 ranking is the highest the Tigers have finished in the final AP Poll since they finished No. 1 in 1981. The Tigers spent much of the season ranked No. 1 and finished the regular season undefeated. Although they were runners-up this season, they will be a popular pick to be No. 1 in the preseason poll next season.
    Stanford, Ohio State and Oklahoma round out the final top five. The Cardinal jumped up from No. 5 to No. 3 after an impressive showing in the Rose Bowl. Ohio State finishes the year at No. 4 after opening as the preseason No. 1. TCU at No. 7, Houston at No. 8 and Ole Miss at No. 10 all jumped into the Top 10 after bowl wins.
    Here is a complete look at the final AP Top 25:
    Rank Team Record Points
    1 Alabama 14-1 1,525
    2 Clemson 14-1 1,464
    3 Stanford 12-2 1,360
    4 Ohio State 12-1 1,342
    5 Oklahoma 11-2 1,270
    6 Michigan State 12-2 1,227
    7 TCU 11-2 1,098
    8 Houston 13-1 1,050
    9 Iowa 12-2 981
    10 Mississippi 10-3 975
    11 Notre Dame 10-3 953
    12 Michigan 10-3 911
    13 Baylor 10-3 820
    14 Florida State 10-3 630
    15 North Carolina 11-3 563
    16 LSU 9-3 546
    17 Utah 10-3 499
    18 Navy 11-2 465
    19 Oregon 9-4 391
    20 Oklahoma State 10-3 372
    21 Wisconsin 10-3 332
    22 Tennessee 9-4 260
    23 Northwestern 10-3 203
    24 Western Kentucky 12-2 128
    25 Florida 10-4 126

Five SEC teams in the final 25 with a National Champion.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hmmmmm?

Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images

 Tweet Share on Twitter Share Share on Facebook Pin Pinterest 47 Comments

The Alabama Crimson Tide claimed their fourth national le in seven years on Monday and were rewarded with the No. 1 spot in the final Associated Press Top 25 shortly after. The Crimson Tide jumped ahead of Clemson, which finished at 14-1 and No. 2 after the 45-40 loss.
    This is the 10th time Alabama has finished the year ranked No. 1 in the AP Poll. The Crimson Tide started the year at No. 3 in the preseason poll and were never ranked higher than No. 2 before ending the year at No. 1. They have finished the year in the AP Top 10 in eight straight seasons.

Clemson's No. 2 ranking is the highest the Tigers have finished in the final AP Poll since they finished No. 1 in 1981. The Tigers spent much of the season ranked No. 1 and finished the regular season undefeated. Although they were runners-up this season, they will be a popular pick to be No. 1 in the preseason poll next season.
    Stanford, Ohio State and Oklahoma round out the final top five. The Cardinal jumped up from No. 5 to No. 3 after an impressive showing in the Rose Bowl. Ohio State finishes the year at No. 4 after opening as the preseason No. 1. TCU at No. 7, Houston at No. 8 and Ole Miss at No. 10 all jumped into the Top 10 after bowl wins.
    Here is a complete look at the final AP Top 25:
    Rank Team Record Points
    1 Alabama 14-1 1,525
    2 Clemson 14-1 1,464
    3 Stanford 12-2 1,360
    4 Ohio State 12-1 1,342
    5 Oklahoma 11-2 1,270
    6 Michigan State 12-2 1,227
    7 TCU 11-2 1,098
    8 Houston 13-1 1,050
    9 Iowa 12-2 981
    10 Mississippi 10-3 975
    11 Notre Dame 10-3 953
    12 Michigan 10-3 911
    13 Baylor 10-3 820
    14 Florida State 10-3 630
    15 North Carolina 11-3 563
    16 LSU 9-3 546
    17 Utah 10-3 499
    18 Navy 11-2 465
    19 Oregon 9-4 391
    20 Oklahoma State 10-3 372
    21 Wisconsin 10-3 332
    22 Tennessee 9-4 260
    23 Northwestern 10-3 203
    24 Western Kentucky 12-2 128
    25 Florida 10-4 126

Five SEC teams in the final 25 with a National Champion.
    One man one school is dominant. No one else.

Why fight it guy, look at NFL rosters, look at the last 20 years of NCAA football. Come on man.

I' a USC fan, a Pac12 fan, but I do keep it real. The best football in the country comes from the SEC.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So the final poll shows that Texas beat a top 5 team and a top 15 team. But could only muster 3 other wins on the year.

We better do a lot better next year or we better be blowing this up and getting a new coach.

My Team
    Post Count
    I'm seriously thinking about going back to page 5 and re-reading this meltdown as it happens.
    I'll join ya....it was epic.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Okay, I just gotta say if there is a Hall of Fame on spurstalk for threads, this one needs to go in. The UNT meltdown was epic! It was like driving up on a head-on collision, you want to turn your head and not see the carnage, but you can't.
    Im not cleaning up the mess when the Spurs lose a playoff game.
    Hair, blood, tissue everywhere.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'll join ya....it was epic.
    was definitely impressive

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why fight it guy, look at NFL rosters, look at the last 20 years of NCAA football. Come on man.

I' a USC fan, a Pac12 fan, but I do keep it real. The best football in the country comes from the SEC.
    We aren't talking about the NFL. Saban is the only thing holding up the incest conference.

My Team
    Post Count
    The Gemini Method

What can you tell me about USC LB Coach Peter Sirmon? He's going to be the new D Coordinator at Mississippi State...

We aren't talking about the NFL. Saban is the only thing holding up the incest conference.
    How many bowls have had an SEC team in them the last decade, well? And, if ya want to know just how good an NCAA conference is ya look how many of it's players get drafted, you really don't know this?

Post Count
    One man one school is dominant. No one else.
    To be fair, Florida (2009), LSU (2011), and Georgia (2012) could have easily won the championship as well.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    To be fair, Florida (2009), LSU (2011), and Georgia (2012) could have easily won the championship as well.
    Auburn almost won in 2013.

A couple of busted coverages and special teams mistakes cost them the game...

Post Count
    Auburn almost won in 2013.

A couple of busted coverages and special teams mistakes cost them the game...
    Yup. And the teams I mentioned would have most likely won it all if it wasn't for Alabama.

If you follow college football there is noway you can't see the difference in the SEC and the other conferencs. And like I mentioned I'm a Cali guy with the Pac12/USC my favorites. Why people try to play silly ass games about this....??? who ya like/don't like, the fact are just that....the facts.

I once watched a Big10 game in the morning, the 1pm game was an SEC game, the difference in the speed of the game was very dramatic. And that is what seperates the SEC...overall team speed and size with speed. They recruit more big fast athletes than any other conference and it's obvious.

The SEC is the track*** conference, those schools could beat some countries, dead serious.

*** TCU does have 100m sprinters, with Baylor 400m guys,

Thread Information