Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    how old was wills son in id1, now id2 20yr timeskip, isnt he a bit too young to be flying such jet?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    This looks like dog . How much CGI crap can a team of animators put up on the screen at once. THeres so much context clutter you cant tell what youre suppose to be looking at it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    how old was wills son in id1, now id2 20yr timeskip, isnt he a bit too young to be flying such jet?
    he was around 5 or6 in the first one which would make him 25 or 26. He wouldnt be too young

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    Who actually sits there and analyzes a SCIENCE FICTION movie like its real life?
    Who sits there and doesn't let obvious BS hit them in the face when it happens?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm surprised you didn't mention that when Vivica, Ross Bagley and Boomer were in that closet, they should have been fried to death like in a brick oven. Or how they used a primative computer virus to take down an advanced alien civilization.
    IIRC it's because those aliens were locusts who probably never mastered technology but stole it from their conquered worlds. The reason the virus worked was because our computer systems at the time were back engineered from the crashed ship so they would have been compatible

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm surprised you didn't mention that when Vivica, Ross Bagley and Boomer were in that closet, they should have been fried to death like in a brick oven. Or how they used a primative computer virus to take down an advanced alien civilization.
    It got stupid enough to not have enough forum space to describe it all. I don't recall the names. I don't get that much into it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who actually sits there and analyzes a SCIENCE FICTION movie like its real life?
    ty casting is universal, sci-fi doesn't get a pass. The ability to suspend disbelief is what makes good sci-fi good. Imagine if Star Wars had Gary Coleman as Luke Skywalker and they were flying a banana through space. Hey it's sci-fi! Stop analyzing it.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Who sits there and doesn't let obvious BS hit them in the face when it happens?
    It's a ing sci-fi movie dumb . Some things aren't suppose to be real.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    I think you have your answer.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    If you guys think I'm bad, go to Youtube and visit the page CinemaSins. He does 8-20 minute videos on everything wrong with every movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    didnt in id1, the alien ships had a force shield? so in ID2 earths minions didnt incorporated such alien technology?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    didnt in id1, the alien ships had a force shield? so in ID2 earths minions didnt incorporated such alien technology?
    they had an intergalactic patent

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Roland Emmerich's sequel finds Earth again battling invading aliens, in similar fashion. Will Smith bailed, but much of the rest of the original cast is here. This is a cliche-laden slog.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Critic's rating: 2 out of 5 stars
    • Jeff Goldblum is still pretty funny, though given less to do
    • Maika Monroe is the best of the new cast

The good news is that in the 20 years since aliens attacked Earth in “Independence Day,” the horrific-yet-heroic experience has brought the world together in unprecedented harmony.
    The bad news, as discovered in “Independence Day: Resurgence,” is that the resulting civilization is a sort of United Nations of Clichés.
    But that’s hardly the biggest problem people are facing in Roland Emmerich’s follow-up to “Independence Day.” Laughably bad dialogue and wooden acting don’t really compare to, oh, a 3,000-MILE-WIDE UFO INVADING THE PLANET.
    President Lanford (Sela Ward) welcomes decorated fighter pilot Dylan Hiller (Jessie Usher) to the White House in "Independence Day: Resurgence."

Yes, they’re back, those personality-free aliens who attacked before, only smarter and madder, and this time the queen is in tow. OK, no problem, let’s just call Will Smith and … oh, wait. Smith declined to appear in the sequel (though a photo of him in his flight suit does). Most of the rest of the cast and characters from the first film are back, though, among them Jeff Goldblum as David Levinson, again the only real hope to figure out how to repel the aliens, and Bill Pullman as former President Thomas Whitmore who, despite the lofty le, again remains the brawn of the operation.

The best of the newcomers is Maika Monroe as Patricia Whitmore – like her dad, the former president, a fighter pilot, though she’s got a cushy job at the White House. Less impressive are Jessie T. Usher as Dylan Hiller, the son of Smith’s character, and Liam Hemsworth as Jake Morrison, a sort of Chuck Yeager of the pilot bunch.
    Talking about the plot in a movie like this is like talking about the quality of coleslaw at an all-you-can-eat barbecue buffet. Nobody cares about the side dishes, just give us the main course – explosions and action sequences in this case, of which there is a mind-numbing plenty. Even they, however, are outnumbered by the disparate plot threads, almost none of which are worth caring about.
    Fighter pilot Jake Morrison (Liam Hemsworth) and his squadron are briefed on plans to combat an alien invasion in "Independence Day: Resurgence."

But duty calls, so here goes: Since the last invasion, we’ve figured out how to meld some of the alien technology with our own. Some of this know-how goes into building a bigger and better defense system against invading aliens. Live and learn, all that. But – and maybe this is a spoiler alert, but such a thing hardly seems possible in a movie like this – all of that gets wiped out in about the time it takes to read this sentence.
    So it’s back to good ol’ human gumption to save us. Along with intelligence, much of it provided by Brent Spiner’s Brakish Okun, who wakes up from a coma to help figure out what’s going on.
    Look, this isn’t supposed to be Serious Cinema. I get that. I also know that there is a cinematic place for over-the-top action. I also know that it doesn’t have to be stupid, because I saw “Mad Max: Fury Road.”
    In "Independence Day: Resurgence," Vivica A. Fox returns as Jasmine Hiller, widow of Steven Hiller (Will Smith) from the first film.

Some people will doubtless flock to this because stuff gets blowed up real good (though not the same landmarks as in the original). These are the same people who, for reasons I can’t fathom, talk about the first “Independence Day” like it was some kind of alien-invasion “Citizen Kane” or something. It wasn’t. But it was smarter and more fun than this.

The size of that alien ship is crucial. It’s so big it has its own gravitational field; it probably has several Zip codes. But at some point things get so big they don’t mean anything anymore. They defy comprehension. That’s true of a ship that large, and it’s true of “Independence Day: Resurgence.” It’s massive, but it doesn’t really mean a thing.

'Independence Day: Resurgence' 2 stars

Director: Roland Emmerich.
    Cast: Liam Hemsworth, Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Jessie T. Usher.
    Rating: PG-13 for language, sci-fi action and destruction.
    Great ★★★★★ Good ★★★★
    Fair ★★★ Bad ★★ Bomb ★
    Last edited by Thread; 06-24-2016 at 06:55 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i wonder how they going to deactivate the force shield of the mothership? another bs plan?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Bill ing Pullman !!!!!!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Oh man, this movie felt like it was edited by a gaggle of autistic kids. Not ruling out the fact that they're spurstalk users either.

If there's a movie that needs a director's cut, it's this one.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Don't know what to say. I watched the movie, read the reviews. It's a 6/10, for me. Could have been way better. One thing I can say is I like how they open up possibility for another few films at the end.

Name
    AJ
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    The first one was . Never could suspend disbelief that Will Smith is a hot shot fighter pilot who's dating a hooker (strippers/hookers..pretty much the same thing) and is baby daddy. Then at the same time Smith is with the POTUS, stripper is with the 1st Lady albeit in totally different parts of the country or whatever. Yeah that's not a ing lottery sized coincidence. Hey look at all those cars exploding. Get out lets run while no one else, not one single ing person, thinks to do just that. So she's kicking in a metal reinforced door on a metal frame and the dog is lagging behind because dogs love explosions.

And hey, I'm out of missiles but I'll commit suicide and leave all my kids homeless, even though there are other planes around. Lucky for us some other country discovered their weakness, I guess they hit it with a bag of UN rice.
    How are you going to list all that and not mention that Jeff Goldblum took down the mothership by uploading a in virus to the "Alien" computer?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How are you going to list all that and not mention that Jeff Goldblum took down the mothership by uploading a in virus to the "Alien" computer?
    It was stupid way before that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    It was stupid way before that.
    If not for Rebhorn's and Connick's characters it would have been insufferable.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    If not for Rebhorn's and Connick's characters it would have been insufferable.
    Did they at least nuke Houston again?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Collider guys are all ting on this movie, I trust them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Did they at least nuke Houston again?
    I don't know, I won't go see this.

---

I blew $5.99 on "Creed" a few days ago on the cable. They got me. What a ing abortion. WTF?

Thread Information