Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC lost their previous 3 playoffs games in San Antonio in blowout fashion during Durant's MVP season. It's been almost 2 years since OKC beat the Spurs in San Antonio w/ Kawhi in the line-up! (They are dead-meat without home-court advantage aka ThunderRefs)
    WHI Strikes again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is what others where saying...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs scare me more than the players themselves. Spurs in 6 if the refs keep it clean. The NBA would love a Dubs/OKC WCF. Plus whoever wins that series is a win win for the league. Durant vs Lebron or a Finals rematch. Hope I'm wrong though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent call....OP deserves props for sticking his neck out with his predication......where are all the trolls who pounced on him for it?
    Having read the original post, I'm more impressed with op, but I still consider his glory bumping to be wrong. This is Mr "spurs will lose, blowout," melts down every game. The fact that be called the spurs to lose to one team is not great when he also said the spurs would lose every game they played this year. But he did call not only that okc would win, but the correct number of games, and the correct manner of victory.

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP also referenced joining ISIS, the size of his , and cut down a fellow spurstalker for being a bus driver simply trying to earn a living for his Family. He's an insecure and this site is better off with him gone. That's right NSA, he said he would consider joining ISIS.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs scare me more than the players themselves. Spurs in 6 if the refs keep it clean. The NBA would love a Dubs/OKC WCF. Plus whoever wins that series is a win win for the league. Durant vs Lebron or a Finals rematch. Hope I'm wrong though.
    A full solar eclipse over all of Texas will happen before this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having read the original post, I'm more impressed with op, but I still consider his glory bumping to be wrong. This is Mr "spurs will lose, blowout," melts down every game. The fact that be called the spurs to lose to one team is not great when he also said the spurs would lose every game they played this year. But he did call not only that okc would win, but the correct number of games, and the correct manner of victory.
    1. Incorrect. I don't generally think the Spurs will lose, especially in the RS to average and weak teams. I called the Spurs to sweep Memphis, granted it was an easy call after their myriad of injuries. I just knew all along we were fool's gold this year, as are the Warriors to an extent. This really opened the door for a lesser regular season team like OKC to seek and destroy.

2. I do/did melt down in the game threads about one in every three games during the regular season, generally close games and losses against teams we should have been dominating. A select few losses against good teams just made me extra angry, like the Dublets one at home on April 10th, and made it seem I was going off the deep end. But April 10th was a ty day for me for multiple reasons, actually. I needed the ban.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP also referenced joining ISIS, the size of his , and cut down a fellow spurstalker for being a bus driver simply trying to earn a living for his Family. He's an insecure and this site is better off with him gone. That's right NSA, he said he would consider joining ISIS.
    1. Every guy who's posted in the club refers to the size of their manlihood (if it's something to brag about) at some point, and it's not as if I have made it a schtick on here.

2. The whole thing with jermaine is/was a complete joke. He's a very friendly and one of the nicer non-regular gentlemen here. Everyone that knows me knows I treat the blue-collar workers that I know with extra respect.

3. I'm insecure? You're the one posting about me. Please stop being a got, thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, because in all your infinite wisdom you knew that Duncan would become a liability on offense and his other "good" knee would deteriorate. Sure..........

The Spurs were, like many series they've lost over the last 19 seasons, one or two better "breaks" from advancing past Oklahoma City. Sadly, they were too small inside and Duncan was too old/injured for them to balance things out.

Easy to say you were "right" with hindsight being 20/20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, because in all your infinite wisdom you knew that Duncan would become a liability on offense and his other "good" knee would deteriorate. Sure..........

The Spurs were, like many series they've lost over the last 19 seasons, one or two better "breaks" from advancing past Oklahoma City. Sadly, they were too small inside and Duncan was too old/injured for them to balance things out.

Easy to say you were "right" with hindsight being 20/20.
    You obviously don't understand the correct definition/appropriate usage of that phrase.

For instance, you would say that phrase about someone if they got 'smart' after the series was over and determined that they knew what was going to happen all along, but didn't have the balls to lay it on the line before the series happened (in my case, nearly half a year before) so they have zero evidence to back up their claim that they "knew it" before it even happened.

Millennial Messiah – W
    Most of the posters in the first few pages – L

Please hold your L's like a man. Don't be a chicken , as Culburn would say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, with the exception of golf and maybe a few other low-intensive sports, father time remains undefeated. It was only a matter of time before the wheels fell off and the rest of the team would have to essentially carry him to the le if he was ever going to get #6. The Clippers series was his last Tim Duncan-esque playoff series he'll ever have, but we all know that already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, with the exception of golf and maybe a few other low-intensive sports, father time remains undefeated. It was only a matter of time before the wheels fell off and the rest of the team would have to essentially carry him to the le if he was ever going to get #6. The Clippers series was his last Tim Duncan-esque playoff series he'll ever have, but we all know that already.

Blah, blah, blah......

Make certain claims all the time and eventually you'll be right. My main point is you had no idea Duncan would breakdown ( cause the father time schtick hasn't been repeated for the last 5 years) and you were on one of your usual "chicken little" ramblings.

Hindsight is a powerful thing, it'll give all the idiots of the world an opportunity to say they saw the Thunder coming. No, they didn't. No one saw Adams (to a lesser extent), Roberson, Waiters and Kanter (on defense) playing levels above their usual output and with "headiness."

Having two top 5 - 10 players, being a great "free throw team" as a former coach of their's put it and them being an elite offensive rebounding team are/were their greatest advantages.

There is a 50/50 chance for either team during most series since there are only two possible outcomes. Pointing out your poorly thought "prediction" doesn't make you a great prognosticator.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 05-26-2016 at 08:18 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and then you realize this Spurs team started the season with a loss at methkc and ended it in the same way.

I just can't bring myself to credit that franchise in any way. It's completely irrational but hey what's sports without hatred towards rivals.

I'll just hang my hat on three reasons the Spurs faltered:

1) refs
    2) unsharpened will due to comically poor 1st round opponent
    3) curse of screwing Rasual Butler

fokc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and then you realize this Spurs team started the season with a loss at methkc and ended it in the same way.

I just can't bring myself to credit that franchise in any way. It's completely irrational but hey what's sports without hatred towards rivals.

1) refs

fokc
    that ugly guy with the sixteen-head that poop plays over someone actually athletic like simmons.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not hindsight if someone calls it before it happens. UNT called it plain as day. I agree though that I tire of people constantly prematurely calling for the demise of aging players. One of those calls are going to be right and theyll say, "told you so." Dont think UNT did that though, not sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1) refs

fokc

blaming the refs

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Every guy who's posted in the club refers to the size of their manlihood (if it's something to brag about) at some point, and it's not as if I have made it a schtick on here.

2. The whole thing with jermaine is/was a complete joke. He's a very friendly and one of the nicer non-regular gentlemen here. Everyone that knows me knows I treat the blue-collar workers that I know with extra respect.

3. I'm insecure? You're the one posting about me. Please stop being a got, thanks.
    Very insecure indeed. Referred to yourself as elitist yet didn't own a car...it's ok man, just be yourself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP hit this on the head when he called it and it was almost spot on. I hate the fact he did that but it played out like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very insecure indeed. Referred to yourself as elitist yet didn't own a car...it's ok man, just be yourself
    I have a car now. Got it for $1,300 from a friend. Just waited for the right deal, that's all.

195K miles... Passenger seat has a crack in the windshield and the passenger window doesn't roll down, but it'll pass inspection so that's okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP hit this on the head when he called it and it was almost spot on. I hate the fact he did that but it played out like that.
    Maybe I should have called the Spurs winning in 6 over Cleveland instead of this? Oh well there's always next year... gotta go with my legit gut feeling. Sorry man!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I should have called the Spurs winning in 6 over Cleveland instead of this? Oh well there's always next year... gotta go with my legit gut feeling. Sorry man!
    What you said was spot on and that is exactly what happened minus a minor thing here or there. You called it and in 6 games as well. I was hoping the Spurs would win but my gut said they might not make it through that series and I was right too but you predicted it months ago on a board. Too bad you didn't put money down on that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you said was spot on and that is exactly what happened minus a minor thing here or there. You called it and in 6 games as well. I was hoping the Spurs would win but my gut said they might not make it through that series and I was right too but you predicted it months ago on a board. Too bad you didn't put money down on that.
    that, or watching the short bus crew (e.g. Silver&Black and Splits ) eat poop out of the toilet as they would have had me do if the Spurs beat the Warriors in the WCF)...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the OKC prediction wasn't the only thing I got right...

Exactly. As I see it:

Grizzlies - We sweep with or without HCA

Clippers - We win in 5 with HCA, win in 6 without HCA

Thunder - We lose in 6 with HCA, lose in 5 without HCA

Warriors - We win in 6 or 7 with HCA, win in 6 without HCA

Cavaliers - We win in 5 or 6 with HCA, win in 6 without HCA

Thread Information