7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cam Newton

5 71.43%
  • Tom Brady

2 28.57%
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Poll coming. I'm only including Brady and Newton since they're the only two with a real shot at it.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    not even a discussion. Panthers had the easiest schedule I can remember... well, ever. Plus the MVP of that team has always been Kuechly.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    It's going to Newton. Sorry boys.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    not even a discussion. Panthers had the easiest schedule I can remember... well, ever. Plus the MVP of that team has always been Kuechly.
    You should honestly stop posting in these forums. You embarrass yourself with every post.

That Eagles team you guys lost to we beat... You take care of business... What great teams do. We went 4-0 without Kuechly too.

1. Newton
    2. Palmer
    3. Gronk

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    IMO this is the closest MVP race in recent memory and might come down to the final two games but I'm giving Brady the slight edge right now. That being said if Carolina goes undefeated then Cam probably wins it.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You should honestly stop posting in these forums. You embarrass yourself with every post.

That Eagles team you guys lost to we beat... You take care of business... What great teams do
    you should read the le first.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    There was an anonymous GM poll for MVP and it was 5-1 Newton over Brady. It's a wrap.. I'm not even sure if Brady is second place

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I understand picking Newton over Brady, but there's no way Palmer is in the top two. Arizona has more talent on its roster from top to bottom than any team outside of maybe Cincinnati, and both of its losses were largely due to ty play from Palmer.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I understand picking Newton over Brady, but there's no way Palmer is in the top two. Arizona has more talent on its roster from top to bottom than any team outside of maybe Cincinnati, and both of its losses were largely due to ty play from Palmer.
    Brady has had a great season, but he's also the reigning SB champ, so let's not act like they don't have a great team/coach/system. I think Brady has had a better year, but I've personally seen what AZ looked like without him in the playoffs. And something is just making me feel uneasy about how pedestrian Brasy looked without Gronk. Then again, if Newton played without Olsen I'm sure he'd struggle. I just want Palmer to get some credit.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Brady has had a great season, but he's also the reigning SB champ, so let's not act like they don't have a great team/coach/system. I think Brady has had a better year, but I've personally seen what AZ looked like without him in the playoffs. And something is just making me feel uneasy about how pedestrian Brasy looked without Gronk. Then again, if Newton played without Olsen I'm sure he'd struggle. I just want Palmer to get some credit.
    Palmer is probably going to the superbowl so it's fine. Pats will start lolfell and keyshawn freaking martin, a guy houston dumped this year.. i think that is pretty telling. is winning it surely, but the le is who is the mvp for you, so saying who will win it is irrelevant.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    Post Count
    OP, why isn't Gronk a choice??

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Newton, barring a collapse these next 2 weeks and AZ getting the top seed. I've been one of his biggest haters for years but he deserves it this year. Putting up top #'s without his best weapon from from 2014, without Kuechly for a decent chunk this year, and showing up in all the close games where his defense the bed this year. His biggest improvement has been on 3rd and long situations--he now will stand in there and go through his progressions instead of reverting to ******ball. That's the hump that 95% of negroid qb's can never get past. He has an elite TE, but the rest of his targets are to guys like Devin Funchess, Ted Ginn (historically horrendous route runner with butterfingers), and Jerricho Cotchery.

Yes he's had an easy schedule, but there's only 3 teams in that conference capable of beating them (GB, AZ, and SEA), and he beat 2 of them.

Brady's deserving as well given how his O has been decimated by injuries, but voter fatigue will do him in

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    just so we don't do a pointless who's got the bigger kind of debate: from ppf.

As the season winds down, the top of the quarterback rankings continue with familiar faces, including Cam Newton, who has made his move in recent weeks.
    However, the year in quarterbacking may be remembered for the emergence of young talent as much as it will for the elite play at the top. As always, the top 10 list is built upon a combination of overall rating, recent trends, supporting cast, and more.
    Here’s a look at how the top quarterbacks shake out heading into Week 16.
    1. Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals, 99.4 overall grade

Key stat: Leads the league with the highest percentage of positively to negatively graded throws at (2.84).
    2. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers, 99.4

Key stat: Ranks second in the league in big-time throw percentage, at 7.97 percent.
    3. Tom Brady, New England Patriots, 94.3

Key stat: Leads the league in percentage of big-time throws (BTTs) to turnover-worthy plays (4.50 BTTs for every TWP).
    4. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers, 87.0

Key stat: Tied for second in the league with 38 big-time throws.
    5. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks, 86.2

Key stat: Ranks second in the league in accuracy percentage, at 79.1 percent.
    6. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints, 85.3

Key stat: Leads the league with an accuracy percentage of 51.5 on deep passes.
    7. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals, 84.7

Key stat: Ranks seventh in the league in deep pass accuracy, at 47.3 percent.
    8. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers, 83.1

Key stat: Rodgers is grading at +21.9 against a traditional pass rush but -4.7 when blitzed.
    9. Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders, 82.1

Key stat: Carr’s receivers have dropped 38 passes, second-most in the league, and his 332 air yards lost on drops ranks fourth.
    10. Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills, 82.1

Key stat: Tied for the league lead with 12 touchdowns on deep passes.

QB superlatives

Most big-time throws (BTTs):
    Carson Palmer, 50
    Lowest percentage of turnover-worthy plays (TWPs):
    Tom Brady, 1.22 percent
    Highest percentage of yards after the catch:
    Alex Smith, 58.4 percent
    Highest percentage of yards through the air:
    Brian Hoyer 66.9 percent
    Lowest accuracy percentage on deep passes (20+ yards):
    Marcus Mariota, 20.4 percent
    Lowest percentage of deep pass attempts:
    Matt Ryan, 7.1 percent
    Lowest percentage of sacks when pressured:
    Ryan Fitzpatrick, 9.1 percent
    Highest percentage of sacks when pressured:
    Marcus Mariota, 26.2 percent
    Most touchdowns under pressure:
    Tom Brady, 14
    Most yards on deep passes:
    Blake Bortles, 1,174

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Brady has had a great season, but he's also the reigning SB champ, so let's not act like they don't have a great team/coach/system.
    When they're healthy I agree they're a great team, but they've had a crazy amount of injuries. If they had lost those two games with a healthy team or even a team with the normal amount of injuries then I'd say Cam is the easy MVP choice. Them being 12-2 in spite of the injuries is why I'm picking Brady and also why he's in the conversation for that matter.

I think Brady has had a better year, but I've personally seen what AZ looked like without him in the playoffs.
    It's intellectually dishonest to use the Cardinals in last year's playoffs as a reflection of how they look without Palmer. They were playing their 4th string QB, Ryan Lindley, someone with a career 1 to 5 touchdown to interception ratio. They were a compe ive team without Palmer last year (5-3 with Drew Stanton as the starter) and only fell apart after Stanton went down making Lindley the starter.

And something is just making me feel uneasy about how pedestrian Brasy looked without Gronk. Then again, if Newton played without Olsen I'm sure he'd struggle.
    In Brady's one game without Gronk he was also missing Edelman, Amendola wasn't 100%, but he still had four touchdowns and threw for over 300 yards. He threw two interceptions but one of them was off a receiver bobble. It wasn't a great game by any means but I'm curious what kind of production you think Palmer would have if he was relying on the likes of Scott Chandler, KeShawn Martin, Brandon LaFell and James White.

I just want Palmer to get some credit.
    I'm not trying to take credit away from Palmer, I'm saying he's not at the level of Brady or Cam. He's had a great year and is probably 3rd in the MVP race, but he's also on a stacked team that hasn't had the injuries Carolina or New England has had. He's also been a direct contributing factor to both of his team's losses.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    It's been over for a few weeks, we're going to be 15-1 at worst with Ted Ginn as our WR#1

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Carson MVPalmer

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How many picks did Carson MVPalmer throw?

What an idiot.

Thread Information