Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge does weak screens designed to free teammates so that he'll get the ball as the next option. That's troubling to me. This is why the offense doesn't hit on all cylinders and why he's not necessarily the big upgrade from Tiago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge does weak screens designed to free teammates so that he'll get the ball as the next option. That's troubling to me. This is why the offense doesn't hit on all cylinders and why he's not necessarily the big upgrade from Tiago.
    Tiago did set really good screens. I remember after that series against Portland in 2014 playoffs, Lillard mentioned how the screens hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my eye test says that when Kawhi is having a high usage almost no Spurs benefits from assists or hockey assists from him.

I think this should be checked, but when he cannot find his shoot he really struggles to create. So while he IS effective scoring, he is not good once the defense takes away his first option.
    I wouldn't trust in your eye test...Kawhi finding West twice in the first quarter tonight, passing to Boris for a 3 shot last game, to Patty to finish the quarter, to Tim in the last quarter in Houston, the list is extensive...

He's fiding open guys everytime the defense collapses on him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't trust in your eye test...Kawhi finding West twice in the first quarter tonight, passing to Boris for a 3 shot last game, to Patty to finish the quarter, to Tim in the last quarter in Houston, the list is extensive...

He's fiding open guys everytime the defense collapses on him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, LMA is a scrub with regards to offensive plus minus:

Aldridge rank is #208.

So anyone fanboy praising LMA's great offensive game, doesn't really look at the actual numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A TS % graphic doesn't show how many points his teammates score with him on the court, how he was double teamed all season, and how good he has handled it finding the open guy.
    Kawhi's having more assists in December than the rest of the season, that's a better indicator of him making the life easier for his teammates...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A coach took the time to put this together. Thought I'd share:
    This was put together in December 2015 and I recognize some of these sets as sets the team still runs to this day with Pau Gasol in Duncan's role and with Dejounte in Tony's spot... except that Dejounte bc he's such an aggressive rebounder, sticks under the basket after cutting... I don't see many changes in the Spurs offense at all... except that they do a lot more PnR with every perimeter player, since they don't have (without Kawhi) a singularly dominant PnR player... so they spread the load around. Pau being out the SL, the hi-lo action has diminished. Davis is not a great passer in hi lo, if you pass to him and he has a sliver of daylight he wants to shoot, Kyle instead has his passes made very difficult by the fact that he doesn't want to shoot, so his defender sags off him and jumps passing lanes resulting in TO for him... He was thus made to be more aggressive himself looking to score to force his defender to guard him and that is the reason he has lately had some higher scoring games. (against Denver and GSW for example)

What we saw is probably short lived, specially if the team gets everyone they expect back. It will be interesting to see how they adjust, does Pau get back to the SL with everyone healthy or no?

Thread Information