Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jayhawks In The NBA ‏@NBA_Jayhawks

Perry Ellis has a workout with the San Antonio Spurs tomorrow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that guy pretty well. Didn`t know about being Spurs fan. Thanks for info.
    This was actually posted in a separate thread:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 25% chance of busting completely, a 70% chance of becoming a Bonner or a Ryan Anderson, a 5% chance of becoming Chinese Dirk... That's a decent gamble for 29th.
    That's completely unrealistic. Just by being a draft pick, he has like a 25-percent chance of busting. Being a late first-rounder pushes him up to near 50 percent -- and that's before talking about his body. The idea that everyone can gain good weight and that everyone's bodies can hold more weight without placing strain on the bodies is just not true. Zhou Qi may be able to gain weight and become a legit NBA player. But it could also end up just being a beanpole or be injury-prone due to his heavier body, like Harlem says about Gobert.

As far as this notion that he's likely to at least be Bonner or Anderson, I think it's time to recalibrate your view of NBA players. This is 2016, not 2006. Stretch-bigs aren't rare anymore. There are multiple ones in this draft, and there were quite a lot of them last draft (even undrafted). Look at Cady for an example. And before you say something like, "Well, Cady isn't the shooter Qi is," note that Zhou has taken 25 threes in two years (only 15 last year). He's not someone who's a proven shooter like Bertans is.

Noting that all the usual qualifications apply about this being my opinion and whatnot, there's no way that anyone can look at Zhou as anything other than a project. His success chance is much closer to 25 percent, and even then he's more likely to have a Mahinmi-like career (finally becoming starting quality after more than a decade of development). It would be SOOOO gross to pass up on better prospects and more-needed positions to take this kid.
    Last edited by Chinook; 06-01-2016 at 10:10 AM.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea that everyone can gain good weight and that everyone's bodies can hold more weight without placing strain on the bodies is just not true.
    +1

That and...he can gain muscle in the NBA...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taurean Prince?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Pick ‏@IAmDPick

Source: Twolves like Dragan Bender with No. 5 pick. Scouts Calvin Booth and Zarko Durisic seen him here in workouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a thought...I was just looking at some mock drafts, and im a little surprised that Nbadraft and Bleacherreport have the Bucks taking a PG, Wade Baldwin and Dejounte Murray.
    Meanwhile, DX has them taking Henry Ellenson.

Bleacher says
    With Baldwin, Giannis Antetokounmpo and John Henson, the Bucks could have extreme length at three positions. Even if they run the Greek Freak at point guard for stretches during the year, there's still room for an additional ball-handler. Michael Carter-Williams isn't safe in Milwaukee moving forward.

I dont know...you think they will get a PG, having seen what Giannis can do...would you get a PG? MCW isnt that bad!? I agree more with DX, getting a big guy. Can you get a PG better than MCW with the 10th pick?

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a thought...I was just looking at some mock drafts, and im a little surprised that Nbadraft and Bleacherreport have the Bucks taking a PG, Wade Baldwin and Dejounte Murray.

Bleacher says
    With Baldwin, Giannis Antetokounmpo and John Henson, the Bucks could have extreme length at three positions. Even if they run the Greek Freak at point guard for stretches during the year, there's still room for an additional ball-handler. Michael Carter-Williams isn't safe in Milwaukee moving forward.

I dont know...you think they will get a PG, having seen what Giannis can do...would you get a PG? MCW isnt that bad!? I agree more with DX, getting a big guy. Can you get a PG better than MCW with the 10th pick?

MCW is a mystery. He has all the tools to be a really solid player but for some reason Kidd and Milwaukee do not want to commit to him or do not want to go leave the keys in his hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MCW is a mystery. He has all the tools to be a really solid player but for some reason Kidd and Milwaukee do not want to commit to him or do not want to go leave the keys in his hands.
    Yeah...I see that, but still..

I dont want to say something unrealistic, but with Giannis as PG and MCW as a backup, that is the one position I wouldnt be even looking in draft, no matter how much they dont ike MCW.
    Like I said, I just dont get it.

Unless, they dont want Giannis to play PG anymore, which is another decision I wouldnt understand.

I would go for SF that can score, there doesnt seem to be many in draft, so I kinda understand DX going for a PF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes MCW any good? Measurables on the physical tools only get you so far.

He's played a ton of minutes and is still one of the worst shooters in the NBA. Milwaukee went out and got him because that's who Kidd wanted and he failed his way into the doghouse.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yeah...I see that, but still..

I dont want to say something unrealistic, but with Giannis as PG and MCW as a backup, that is the one position I wouldnt be even looking in draft, no matter how much they dont ike MCW.
    Like I said, I just dont get it.

Unless, they dont want Giannis to play PG anymore, which is another decision I wouldnt understand.
    MCW is a bad fit b/c they need SHOOTERS but he can't shoot. A guy like Livingston probably wouldn't be a good fit for the Bucks, they should have NEVER traded Knight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes MCW any good? Measurables on the physical tools only get you so far.

He's played a ton of minutes and is still one of the worst shooters in the NBA. Milwaukee went out and got him because that's who Kidd wanted and he failed his way into the doghouse.
    MCW is a bad fit b/c they need SHOOTERS but he can't shoot. A guy like Livingston probably wouldn't be a good fit for the Bucks, they should have NEVER traded Knight.
    Agree, but, is he not enough to be the backup PG? Thats my point.

Offcourse if they want to play Giannis as forward, then ok, I dont think thats a great idea, but at least its a reason to pick a PG in the draft.
    In a few days we will know what direction they are taking. Depending on who they pick, and if they try to move MCW.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bleacher says

I'm not sure if they find him in the draft or through the trade market but, Mil needs a PG who can defend and knock down the 3 via catch and shoot situations. Giannis is the main facilitator and finisher there and they need shooters. MCW is in a terrible situation because his skill set doesn't fit in Mil. He needs to be moved somewhere else where he fits better. A team with players who can spread the floor while he handles the ball will make him a much improved player.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Agree, but, is he not enough to be the backup PG? Thats my point.

Offcourse if they want to play Giannis as forward, then ok, I dont think thats a great idea, but at least its a reason to pick a PG in the draft.
    In a few days we will know what direction they are taking. Depending on who they pick, and if they try to move MCW.
    MCW is up for an extension, I don't think they will be paying him to play backup on a mediocre team as if he's Iggy.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't. Qi is a gamble, but you can't teach the length he has (Gobert size), you can't teach the mobility he has, and finally, he has basketball skills (ball handling, shooting, shot blocking). He needs to add strength, but that is possible - you just need to be willing to work in the weight room and eat right.

A 25% chance of busting completely, a 70% chance of becoming a Bonner or a Ryan Anderson, a 5% chance of becoming Chinese Dirk... That's a decent gamble for 29th.
    Yeah, but can he score against a chair?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks need Buddy Hield, perhaps monroe + 10 pick to move up in the draft

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks need Buddy Hield, perhaps monroe + 10 pick to move up in the draft
    ???

Didn't they just sign Khris Middleton to a big contracts?

Didn't they just draft Rashad Vaughan?

So maybe not!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ???

Didn't they just sign Khris Middleton to a big contracts?

Didn't they just draft Rashad Vaughan?

So maybe not!
    the bucks fans want more 1 shooter on the team to play Giannis as pg full time(I think it would be ideal), Buddy (rookie contract) would be perfect for the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the bucks fans want more 1 shooter on the team to play Giannis as pg full time(I think it would be ideal), Buddy (rookie contract) would be perfect for the team
    Giannis at PG is a gimmick and will be exposed just like their prev season's all-6'9 lineup was. They need to get rid of Monroe and get a 3 point shooting PG before they can move on from their experimentations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis at PG is a gimmick and will be exposed just like their prev season's all-6'9 lineup was. They need to get rid of Monroe and get a 3 point shooting PG before they can move on from their experimentations.
    Giannis will play more of a point forward too. Kind of like pippen.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Giannis at PG is the same gimmickry the Bulls were trying w/ Butler at the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been reading up on various prospects

Petr Cornellie- Athletic 6'11 big with range out to the 3pt line-only 20

Stephen Zimmerman-Athletic 7'0 footer, good passer, rebounder and shot blocker and can knock down midrange jumpers. Only 19

Tauren Prince- 6'7.5 SF with a 6'11 1/2 wingspan and a 36 inch max vert- Sounds like a 3 and D player, good 3pt shooter and versatile defender compared to Demarre Carrol. Good rebounder too.
    Last edited by cd021; 06-10-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you guys think about Nathan Boothe out of Toledo?

Thread Information