Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    I will never take the SEC's bowl record seriously until the bowl games take away the privileged of giving the conference the decision of which team plays in which bowl game. If the Big 12 could slot their teams in the bowl games that gave each team the best chance at winning I'm sure our record would be much better.

SEC does not play on a level playing field.

Why not stack the deck in your favor......But, while you do so, you make it look legitimate and you have the mediots and the not so knowledgeable fans across the country buying everything you are selling.........why? because it is wrapped up nice, neat, and oh so pretty....with a big huge bow on top.....people love bows.

If every other Conference could have its ass kissed the way the SEC does, there would be a lot more exciting non-conference and bowl games.

BTW, I like how Alabama avoided OU this year. Very, very convenient. I root for Bama, and I hate OU like no other, but I believe the Sooners could have given Bama a much better game.......and I believe Saban does as well.

Post Count
    I will never take the SEC's bowl record seriously until the bowl games take away the privileged of giving the conference the decision of which team plays in which bowl game. If the Big 12 could slot their teams in the bowl games that gave each team the best chance at winning I'm sure our record would be much better.

SEC does not play on a level playing field.
    What the are you talking about? They send their best teams to the best bowls as well as to maximize attendance. A&M deservedly got the worst bowl going to Shreveport. The Texas Bowl is a higher payout which is why LSU was sent there, plus they would bring a ton of fans to Houston which they did. It's not hard to figure out how they decide to pick which teams go to which bowl. They even sent a struggling Florida team to their 2nd highest bowl to get destroyed by Michigan since the Gators won the SEC East even though other teams were playing better at the end of the season. Fact is, you really have no idea what you're talking about and you have a massive inferiority complex like other Big 12 posters on here.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For someone who has no conference allegiance (like you claim)...you sure do show up in every single conference thread. Just saying.

And you ALWAYS get the Big 12's back. You even posted ITT a tweet that shows a stat where the Big 12 is #1. What's the difference between what you do and I do?
    The difference is you are always bringing up bowl records, again coattailing the accomplishments of other schools. I don't give a about what anyone besides Texas does in the big 12, that is until you keep bringing up conference superiority. I don't root for conference rivals. That defeats the whole purpose of a rivalry

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    The difference is you are always bringing up bowl records, again coattailing the accomplishments of other schools. I don't give a about what anyone besides Texas does in the big 12, that is until you keep bringing up conference superiority. I don't root for conference rivals. That defeats the whole purpose of a rivalry
    I disagree.....in non-conference, and bowl season, I want the Big 12 to be flawless. This way, if Texas runs the table, they are seen as great. If they are dominating a bunch of average teams, not so much. I will admit though, even with this philosophy, I am with you with regards to certain schools. Under Briles, I really find it hard to root for Baylor. I have never been upset when the Sooners lost. There is no team I despise more than the team from Norman.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What the are you talking about? They send their best teams to the best bowls as well as to maximize attendance. A&M deservedly got the worst bowl going to Shreveport. The Texas Bowl is a higher payout which is why LSU was sent there, plus they would bring a ton of fans to Houston which they did. It's not hard to figure out how they decide to pick which teams go to which bowl. They even sent a struggling Florida team to their 2nd highest bowl to get destroyed by Michigan since the Gators won the SEC East even though other teams were playing better at the end of the season. Fact is, you really have no idea what you're talking about and you have a massive inferiority complex like other Big 12 posters on here.
    You hit the nail on the head. They sent. As in they got the last say what school played in what bowl. Of course this isn't what happens in the major bowls or the playoffs, but it is what happens in all the minor bowls. How do you think Texas played Arkansas two years ago instead of the aggsy. The SEC made that decision.

As long as the SEC gets to create the match ups they want in these bowls, I have zero respect for their bowl record.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    You're just a SEC hater dj. It's okay....like Pelicans78 said right above you...you're just one of the many Big 12 posters with an inferiority complex on this site. You do the same exact things I do....but I'm obviously "coattailing" other teams accomplishments and you're not. I've said more positive things about the Big 12 this year (especially Baylor) than you have done about the SEC the entire time I've known you. You're just not capable of being fair and have a decent conversation when the two are involved.

Somehow I'm the one always bring up bowl records (I'm pretty sure I didn't do it one time over the course of the entire year) and you obviously don't give a about how other teams in the Big 12 do in their bowl season........yet in this very ing thread you post a tweet bringing up bowl records and the accomplishments of the other Big 12 teams.

You literally can't go 24 hrs without contradicting yourself. Even this bowl season...I never brought up bowl records or the accomplishments of the other SEC schools. All I said was the Big 12 doesn't play any defense....and I think most rational college football fans (even the diehard Big 12 fans) agree with that.

My Team
    Post Count
    I disagree.....in non-conference, and bowl season, I want the Big 12 to be flawless.
    95% of college football fans do this. No matter what conference your favorite team is in...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You're just a SEC hater dj. It's okay....like Pelicans78 said right above you...you're just one of the many Big 12 posters with an inferiority complex on this site. You do the same exact things I do....but I'm obviously "coattailing" other teams accomplishments and you're not. I've said more positive things about the Big 12 this year (especially Baylor) than you have done about the SEC the entire time I've known you. You're just not capable of being fair and have a decent conversation when the two are involved.

Somehow I'm the one always bring up bowl records (I'm pretty sure I didn't do it one time over the course of the entire year) and you obviously don't give a about how other teams in the Big 12 do in their bowl season........yet in this very ing thread you post a tweet bringing up bowl records and the accomplishments of the other Big 12 teams.

You literally can't go 24 hrs without contradicting yourself. Even this bowl season...I never brought up bowl records or the accomplishments of the other SEC schools. All I said was the Big 12 doesn't play any defense....and I think most rational college football fans (even the diehard Big 12 fans) agree with that.
    You are the one getting asshurt anytime someone says something about the SEC. Don't give a what you say. It is got behavior to root for every single team that beats you so youb can have a fallback to claim yourself a winner.

My Team
    Post Count
    dumbjohn....you don't even know what side to pick when you win the coin toss. And that is still the dumbest, most re ed thing I've ever read on the college football forum. My team is better than your team...my conference is better than your conference...all that is just opinions. You're the only one I've ever seen up facts...not opinions.

You honestly think I give two s about your opinion on the game?

There is no doubt the SEC is the best conference and I'm from Cali.

They have those...size/speed....athletes in abumdance.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol conference cheerleaders

Just curious, was there any big 12 team favored in the bowl games? I haven't looked.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    There is no doubt the SEC is the best conference and I'm from Cali.

They have those...size/speed....athletes in abumdance.
    Riveting expert analysis

Look at this dummy.....

Nick Chubb averages.....

As if that meant anything ever, hahahaha!!!!! Idiots on the internet, sheesh~~~~~

Thread Information