Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't the first time. First public exchange was in their OT loss vs Memphis early this year.

Last edited by TheDoctor; 02-05-2017 at 11:45 PM.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I dislike Durant's move to the Warrios, I wouldn't like draymond yelling at me on the court, showing me off nationally like he's some tough coach on an elementary school league.

I can't put that particular thing on Durant. Draymond must be insufferable some times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I look like a genius for my comments in the off season for adding Durant. While all of Spurstalk wanted to give them the le, I said they will be worse this year and explained thoroughly HOW they were going to be worse.
    They haven't lost the le.

Winning less games than last year doesn't mean much. It was very hard to repeat a 73 win season anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They haven't lost the le.

Winning less games than last year doesn't mean much. It was very hard to repeat a 73 win season anyway.
    So you don't agree that their defense is worse than last year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah.. they're worst in given aspects.

But we can't say if they're a worst team or if anything they've lost is relevant until we see if they actually struggle in the playoffs or get eliminated.

If they ring by out-talenting the opposition, all they might have lost will be worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really.Their defensive ratings are identical to last season's.

Defensive rating is 101.4 compared to 100.9 last season. Opponent shooting percentages are also very similar.

You'd think their interior defense is worse? Nope - they allow less points in the paint this season. You'd think their rebounding is worse? Nope - %-wise it's identical and they allow less 2nd chance points compared to last season. ( though , again, very similar to last season's numbers )

So, no.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's evident that some people in this thread didn't watch the Kings game, tbh

Dominos was killing their offense with horrible shot selection, poor decision making and ISO ball, all night, even Sacramento's announcers(most unbiased and fair in the NBA) questioned him throughout..Draymond got into him after Dominos wasted 10 seconds going 1 on 1 and dribbling out the clock, only to pass it to Green for a 30-foot contested 3 at the buzzer..

Durant is the most protected star I've ever seen..he was shielded by Westbrook and now it's Draymond..it's not a coincidence that GS has looked unstoppable since they went back to Curry as their anchor..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And no, Warriors don't have chemistry issues, people are just praying that they do out of fear, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Defensive rating is 101.4 compared to 100.9 last season. Opponent shooting percentages are also very similar.

You'd think their interior defense is worse? Nope - they allow less points in the paint this season. You'd think their rebounding is worse? Nope - %-wise it's identical and they allow less 2nd chance points compared to last season. ( though , again, very similar to last season's numbers )

So, no.
    Well apparently I was wrong in that. Still the same point though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So, no.
    When teams pound them in the paint, they are successful. Why teams try to outshoot them is beyond my knowledge. Numbers can be deceiving. I like to use the good old eye test by watching games instead of googling stats. I've seen some Warriors games this year in which teams are dominating them in the paint, then either KD or Klay come down and hit a couple 3s and their opponents feel they have to match. is crazy. I have no idea why the clippers don't play GS like they play us. I don't know if someone up top is telling them to play different or what. The media has made KD out to be some defensive wizard lol. A lineup of Murray/Simmons/Leonard/Aldrdige/Gasol would expose 3 of their 5 starters's defense. Because with Danny Green starting, Curry is just gonna rest on defense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When teams pound them in the paint, they are successful. Why teams try to outshoot them is beyond my knowledge. Numbers can be deceiving. I like to use the good old eye test by watching games instead of googling stats. I've seen some Warriors games this year in which teams are dominating them in the paint, then either KD or Klay come down and hit a couple 3s and their opponents feel they have to match. is crazy. I have no idea why the clippers don't play GS like they play us. I don't know if someone up top is telling them to play different or what. The media has made KD out to be some defensive wizard lol. A lineup of Murray/Simmons/Leonard/Aldrdige/Gasol would expose 3 of their 5 starters's defense. Because with Danny Green starting, Curry is just gonna rest on defense
    You had me until you went with that lineup........that line up will never and shouldn't see the floor against GSW

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You had me until you went with that lineup........that line up will never and shouldn't see the floor against GSW
    Agreed, I don't like that lineup either.

It's hard to come up with the ideal lineup against them though. It would have to include Kawhi, Aldridge, and Green. But you have to have Parker to have any playmaking unless you play Manu and Mills which makes it a small lineup. Gasol can't defend anyone other than Pachulia and in that case he'd get screened and switched every possession which would murder the Spurs D. Parker and Dedmon looks the best on paper, if only we get good not-too-many-fouls Dedmon and healthy, locked-in Parker.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see all these on court spats being very embarrassing for Durant. The dude doesn't want to look like a loser and here he is getting bossed around by Draymond routinely. Hopefully some team and push them to the limits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently, people are praising how beautiful the Wizards offense is looking under Brooks now. It's not a good sign for Russ and KD that they seem to be the same no matter the system.
    It's an interesting subject and one that has come up in so many different contexts... that players are who they are and the coach is basically a game manager tasked with putting guys in spots and assign roles that mesh well with their skill and what not... but often it gets overblown and coaches get credited for "making" the player into who they are...
    Excessively used to discredit Kawhis evolution to the point it's questioned whether he would have turned into a star anywhere else... Probably only his shooting coach influenced his career the most. He has the individual drive to be great and the talent... Anyways, jn Brooks case, he blamed for an iso centric system that encouraged his stars to play selfishly and make constant mistakes in the clutch. But they are basically the same guys they have always been.

It probably has a bit of both... coach and player both influence the ultimate result, but it's ultimately on the player himself whether he's going to adapt and change or not. Bad habits are very hard to break, specially under pressure...

Now I will deviate from the subject a bit bc this reminds me of Dijon and the tough coaching he's getting... I think it's easier to try to break bad habits and build up new ones at his age. We shall see what he grows into eventually... but it's probably for the better that Pop keeps on being tough on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is a disgrace and his personality would probably grate on anyone, but I don't buy that they have chemistry issues either. However, there's clearly some (inevitable) friction and frustration because unlike the typical "super team", they're all in their prime and games like 10 shots and 10 points are foreign to Durant and clearly a blow to his ego, just like Curry's relative struggles for much of the season were. There's also clearly some late and close trepidation because they have 2 players who, on save for maybe 3-4 other teams, would unequivocally be the go to play maker late in games. Durant somewhat had that with Westbrook, but the differences were, he arrived first and was the bigger star, so at least until their final 2 seasons together, it was viewed as "his team".

They were also due for some regression to the mean in these situations. Two seasons ago, they finished 2 games better than their expected record and last season, a whopping 8 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons just had 22 in the first game of the season against them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons just had 22 in the first game of the season against them.
    Fact...

Doesn't help your argument

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dominos was killing their offense with horrible shot selection, poor decision making and ISO ball, all night, even Sacramento's announcers(most unbiased and fair in the NBA) questioned him throughout..Draymond got into him after Dominos wasted 10 seconds going 1 on 1 and dribbling out the clock, only to pass it to Green for a 30-foot contested 3 at the buzzer..
    Reminds me of certain Spurs player, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong thread
    Last edited by bklynspursfan; 02-06-2017 at 09:48 PM.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminds me of certain Spurs player, tbh...
    Are we talking about porker or fathead here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we talking about porker or fathead here?
    good point

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, historic performance that had never been done on an NBA court prior to tonight, tbh..10 steals and 5 blocks in the same game..triple double without points..

He could have probably stat-padded his way to a quadruple-double, but had too much class..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, historic performance that had never been done on an NBA court prior to tonight, tbh..10 steals and 5 blocks in the same game..triple double without points..

He could have probably stat-padded his way to a quadruple-double, but had too much class..
    Plus, he's black.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Allen: "That's a lot of work to put in. Draymond Green, he's definitely a first-team all-defender."

Grizzlies coach David Fizdale on Draymond Green: "He's just finds ways to help his team win no matter what the situation is. He's a special player. He's a championship player, and I'm not surprised he's a guy that got a triple-double like that."

Thread Information