Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said similar not identical. And suns diaw wasn't as good in the post as spurs diaw
    Don't know about that. Postups were just a rarity with run and gun + amare p&r...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know about that. Postups were just a rarity with run and gun + amare p&r...
    he didnt have the girth tbh, and he puts that hip to good use down low

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Jennings said on twitter that Draymond should start over Blake Griffin. He also reiterated that Klay and Draymond should start in the All Star game. So basically, 3 Warriors starters.
    Crazy guy...Last year, he was forced to delete his Twitter account after the "corny-Meek" issue

Can't wait to play him/Detroit on Tuesday

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I said similar not identical. And suns diaw wasn't as good in the post as spurs diaw
    When Diaw's main offensive weapon is his post up, it's an IMPORTATANT distinction. Diaw didn't postup much w/ he Suns b/c D'Antoni banned his players from posting up. Amare was actually a pretty good postup player, he just never got to use it w/ the Suns but he was a beast during his 1st season w/ the Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real talk..Curry/Raymond are the new Durant/Westbrook in being a two man show team..your team can literally turn from le contender to first round fodder (or even miss the playoffs) if you lose one of them..heck the Warriors lost Curry for a half game and the same freaking Nuggets erased a 20 point deficit and could have won it in OT last time in Oracle..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only caught the 4th quarter of this game, and the dubs could've easily won if Darrel Arthur wasn't hitting jumpers like it was 2011, tbh... Heck, Jameer Nelson didn't know what else to do to lose the game

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real talk..Curry/Raymond are the new Durant/Westbrook in being a two man show team..your team can literally turn from le contender to first round fodder (or even miss the playoffs) if you lose one of them..heck the Warriors lost Curry for a half game and the same freaking Nuggets erased a 20 point deficit and could have won it in OT last time in Oracle..
    Meanwhile the Spurs come at you like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Raymond says they were close to losing to Sixers because he was chasing Triple Doubles ..Kerr: "better get it in 3rd quarter"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gsw just having fun with the rest of the league

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the 2nd best PF in the NBA behind Blake Griffin, tbh..pretty crazy for a 2nd round draft pick that couldn't get minutes over David Lee

Have to respect the work he has put in..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9-9 from the field and a triple-double

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Raymond says they were close to losing to Sixers because he was chasing Triple Doubles ..Kerr: "better get it in 3rd quarter"
    Lance Stephenson 2.0

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    9-9 from the field and a triple-double
    Shooting 25% against Boris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raymond is miles ahead of Aldridge. Lma has not even been a top 5 pf this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. Green is just playing with players that can hit open jump shots. When you play the spurs, there is no threat of 3 pointers outside of Leonard since green and mills can't consistently hit all season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. Green is just playing with players that can hit open jump shots. When you play the spurs, there is no threat of 3 pointers outside of Leonard since green and mills can't consistently hit all season.
    Draymond creates open shots for his teammates, while Aldridge is an inefficient, black hole in the post, tbh..

Danny Green shot 49% from 3 in January and Kawhi shot 48% from 3 in January, yet Aldridge had the same struggles, and they just don't get enough looks running the offense through him..if the Spurs had Draymond, well, I don't even have to finish my thought

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much rather have LMA. Draymond is a system player. LMA is only half way in to a season with a new team and needs time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, I watched like 4 games now from these guys, and it's all Curry and a system that fits them like a glove. They're so good, they can afford to have stat-padders like this guy even openly admitting to it, and still pull off the wins...

I mean, I know what Harlem is saying about Raymond vs LMA, but would you be shocked if Marreese Speights has a couple triple-doubles too this season? I wouldn't blink an eye. When you have videogame Curry playing like that, the sky is the limit. I'm counting and basically this dude already rescued Barbosa, Livingston, Iggy and Bogut careers. Guys they were either supremely talented but losers, or looked way past their peak.

I find it kinda ridiculous that when we're basically entering the dawn of the Lebron era, and maybe you start discussing where he ranks top 5 all time, Curry in two years is basically giving him a run for his money. Guys like Nash, Kidd, Chris Paul, Lillard, Westbrook, they all look overrated as next to this kid. It also kinda gives you mixed feelings, IMO, because he's still seemingly getting better and you wonder how high can he really go, while at the same time you already get the idea that unless he ruptures both his achilles it's going to be to beat him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, I watched like 4 games now from these guys, and it's all Curry and a system that fits them like a glove. They're so good, they can afford to have stat-padders like this guy even openly admitting to it, and still pull off the wins...

I mean, I know what Harlem is saying about Raymond vs LMA, but would you be shocked if Marreese Speights has a couple triple-doubles too this season? I wouldn't blink an eye. When you have videogame Curry playing like that, the sky is the limit. I'm counting and basically this dude already rescued Barbosa, Livingston, Iggy and Bogut careers. Guys they were either supremely talented but losers, or looked way past their peak.

I find it kinda ridiculous that when we're basically entering the dawn of the Lebron era, and maybe you start discussing where he ranks top 5 all time, Curry in two years is basically giving him a run for his money. Guys like Nash, Kidd, Chris Paul, Lillard, Westbrook, they all look overrated as next to this kid. It also kinda gives you mixed feelings, IMO, because he's still seemingly getting better and you wonder how high can he really go, while at the same time you already get the idea that unless he ruptures both his achilles it's going to be to beat him.
    And it is his time. It is going to take a whole team effort and a special team to beat them and I think we don't have it this season, and maybe not either next year. I will still enjoy the season bc it is very special and after 5, nothing will sour me teamwise for a long time. But I think our team is a bit in flux and has a bit of an iden y crisis. The young players (and I mean LMA/Kawhi, not my usual pet peeves, you know who they are) have not grabbed this team for themselves. There is still too much reliance on vets, who lets face it are legendary themselves and as long as you have them they are positives most nights, but Tony is a detriment at times, and so is Manu. They should defer more and don't necessarily. The one to give up the most of his role has really been Tim, is it in any way surprising? I feel like this team doesn't know what it wants to be and that is just the SL offense. And maybe some guys are mixed in together for the sake of it that are not good fits with each other.

Then the bench, it is still the traditional bench, revolving around the 3, but Patty has been chuckfest mode and off, has been terrible on D, Manu started well but he mentally still has moments when he wants to be 26 and he's not, and Diaw is solid, but he's also struggled specially defensively. He has very good fundamentals, but I do think his weight/age has slowed him. They are terrific most nights, but not against the elite. Already Simms has rescued a few games and Anderson is developing and making a case for himself. We won't need much from them this year we all thought, but as it turns out we might need more from them this season.

And that is why I think we won't be able to defeat a team that hot. Maybe the guys come together during the Rodeo Road trip and iron out their wrinkles. But the younger guys need to carry more of a burden, if they do not, we are not winning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond creates open shots for his teammates, while Aldridge is an inefficient, black hole in the post, tbh..

Danny Green shot 49% from 3 in January and Kawhi shot 48% from 3 in January, yet Aldridge had the same struggles, and they just don't get enough looks running the offense through him..if the Spurs had Draymond, well, I don't even have to finish my thought
    Do you think the Spurs would have went after him instead of Aldridge if the Warriors weren't willing to pay him. He was a restricted free agent, wasn't he?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sounds like how fans of other teams used to berate kawhi in years past tbh. raymond's legit.

but yeah, curry is special

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i'll finish it for u, if the spurs had Draymond, he wouldn't be avering as many assists because the spurs don't shoot as many 3s or good as GS. Fact of the matter is that Aldrdige can score, but he doesnt have a much time because teams like GS send that double and triple team quick because they don't fear Danny Green and Parker as 3 point shooters this season. Just like the Wolves. When rubio starts knocking down open 3s, that's gonna open the floor up a of a lot more for Wiggins and Towns.

Remember the 2010 finals when Kobe guarded Rondo and played off of him 8 feet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds like how fans of other teams used to berate kawhi in years past tbh. raymond's legit.

bingo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tbf, some people still berate kawhi...

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put Al Horford on GS and people will say the same thing. Green is a system player. A good one but a system player...

Thread Information