Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/wo...bomb-test.html

When Mr. Kim first made the claim, in December, the White House expressed considerable skepticism, and several other experts say that the accomplishment would be a stretch, though not impossible.

Outside analysts took the claim as the latest of several hard-to-verify assertions that the isolated country has made about its nuclear capabilities. But some also said that although North Korea did not yet have H-bomb capability, it might be developing and preparing to test a boosted fission bomb, more powerful than a traditional nuclear weapon.

Weapon designers can easily boost the destructive power of an atom bomb by putting at its core a small amount of tritium, a radioactive form of hydrogen.

Not confirmed yet but the thought of these nut-o-s with h-bombs is scary.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Was that the 5.3 earthquake reported over there?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd think they would at least post the blast on YouTube. Get it together, lil' Kim.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carly Fiorina Knows the Secret Behind That North Korean Nuke

Here's some stupid for lunch.​

When we rolled the food truck from the Café up north for a few days, we figured that something would occur that would cause us to refine our basic menu. I confess we weren't anticipating that the something would be a big boom-boom on the Korean peninsula. Whip up some bulkogi, stat!

Anyway, as my running mate put it earlier today, for the moment anyway, I'll believe the young 'Un has an H-bomb when he sets one off in my ear. That, of course, has not stopped various candidates from leaping to dire conclusions.

Take, for example, Carly Fiorina, who is bouncing around New Hampshire, wondering where she misplaced all that momentum she had a few weeks ago.

"Of course North Korea would conduct a nuclear test after watching Iran willfully violate an agreement they just made without consequence of any kind from this administration. North Korea is yet another Hillary Clinton foreign policy failure. America cannot lead from behind."

North Korea would have conducted a nuclear test if Iran were absorbed by Rhode Island and granted an NFL franchise.

North Korea would have conducted a nuclear test if Iran disappeared into Middle Earth.

This is because North Korea is led by a second-generation loon.

He cares no more about what happens in Iran than he does about what happens in the damn Yukon.

How do these people think the world works, anyway?

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...nl&date=010716

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I once threw a football over them mountains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did the Bush admin do about North Korea, Carly F.?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was Seth rogans anus exploding into a million bits

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/wo...bomb-test.html

When Mr. Kim first made the claim, in December, the White House expressed considerable skepticism, and several other experts say that the accomplishment would be a stretch, though not impossible.

Outside analysts took the claim as the latest of several hard-to-verify assertions that the isolated country has made about its nuclear capabilities. But some also said that although North Korea did not yet have H-bomb capability, it might be developing and preparing to test a boosted fission bomb, more powerful than a traditional nuclear weapon.

Weapon designers can easily boost the destructive power of an atom bomb by putting at its core a small amount of tritium, a radioactive form of hydrogen.

Not confirmed yet but the thought of these nut-o-s with h-bombs is scary.
    H-bombs are big things, and produce very specific seismic signatures. These bounce through the entire planet, and are available to everybody. The big countries (US/China/Russia et al) had whole programs designed to detect and analyse them due to Cold War treaties.

North Korea has every motivation to lie.

Given all that, NK almost certainly doesn't have h-bombs.

Even so, an atomic weapon put on a ICBM can still do damage, if you can get it where you aim it. NK is not anywhere near hitting the US. They don't have the rockets, don't have the guidance, and barely have the weapons.

Worrysome, but not critical. Iran's nuclear program is far more worrying. NK has China to jerk their leash when necessary, although that is somewhat limited these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carly Fiorina Knows the Secret Behind That North Korean Nuke

Here's some stupid for lunch.​

When we rolled the food truck from the Café up north for a few days, we figured that something would occur that would cause us to refine our basic menu. I confess we weren't anticipating that the something would be a big boom-boom on the Korean peninsula. Whip up some bulkogi, stat!

Anyway, as my running mate put it earlier today, for the moment anyway, I'll believe the young 'Un has an H-bomb when he sets one off in my ear. That, of course, has not stopped various candidates from leaping to dire conclusions.

Take, for example, Carly Fiorina, who is bouncing around New Hampshire, wondering where she misplaced all that momentum she had a few weeks ago.

"Of course North Korea would conduct a nuclear test after watching Iran willfully violate an agreement they just made without consequence of any kind from this administration. North Korea is yet another Hillary Clinton foreign policy failure. America cannot lead from behind."

North Korea would have conducted a nuclear test if Iran were absorbed by Rhode Island and granted an NFL franchise.

North Korea would have conducted a nuclear test if Iran disappeared into Middle Earth.

This is because North Korea is led by a second-generation loon.

He cares no more about what happens in Iran than he does about what happens in the damn Yukon.

How do these people think the world works, anyway?

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...nl&date=010716
    I hear Fiorina can see North Korea from her back porch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Repug choir assholes are singing the same song, off key

Republicans Say North Korea Bomb Test Claims Are Hillary Clinton’s Fault

Republican candidates are blaming President Barack Obama’s policies for the rogue regime’s boldness and seeking to tie the U.S. approach to Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton, who served as Obama’s secretary of state.

“If this test is confirmed, it will be just the latest example of the failed Obama-Clinton foreign policy,” Florida Sen. Marco Rubio said in a statement. “Our enemies around the world are taking advantage of Obama’s weakness. We need new leadership that will stand up to people like Kim Jong-un and ensure our country has the capabilities necessary to keep America safe.”

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said on Twitter that North Korea’s move shows the danger of continuing the “feckless Obama/Clinton foreign policy.”

http://www.nationalmemo.com/republicans-say-north-korea-bomb-test-claims-are-hillary-clintons-fault/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign =Morning%20Memo%20-%202016-01-08&utm_term=MM_frequency_six

Of course, the feckless/ less Repugs offer NEVER any concrete alternatives.

What would they do about NK?

What did they do when in the Repug Reign of Error 2001-2008?

Benghazi!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though GOP Blames Obama, North Korea Developed Its Nuclear Program Under Republicans

Despite claims to the contrary, strong stances have not always worked in the past against North Korea.

Ronald Reagan was in office in 1986 when plutonium was first produced in a North Korean reactor. They continued their program under President George H.W. Bush, producing enough plutonium to make 1-2 bombs.

During Bill Clinton’s presidency, North Korea froze its nuclear production, though it continued testing missiles until deterred by American pressure.

In 2002, President George W. Bush took a strong stance against North Korea by including them in the “Axis of Evil” with Iran and Iraq.

A year later, Pyongyang restarted their reactor and by 2005 produced another 15 kg of weapons grade plutonium.

In 2006, North Korea is believed to have had between 4 and 13 nuclear bombs and tested a nuclear weapon for the first time.

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2016/...h-korea-obama/

Call 'em Axis of Evil, that'll stop 'em every time!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They successfully launched a whopper of a missile.

Redo prior concerns.

Assumption: All of the US is in range.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So do we treat this like repealing Obamacare and fixing taxes, just rush anything through unilaterally.
    Just to say problem solved, it's fixed?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By whatever channels available to USA and allies, they should make it extremely clear that any attack by NK would be the end of NK.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McMaster: Potential of war with North Korea 'increasing every day'

National security adviser H.R. McMaster said Saturday that the potential of war with North Korea is "increasing every day" after the nation's latest launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM).

"I think it's increasing every day" McMaster told Fox News

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...sing-every-day

the white male supremacist imperial MIC is drooling to go slaughter a few million non-white, non-Christians.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NK electricity grid at night

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump White House Smacks Down Tillerson's Call for Direct Talks With North Korea

Tillerson's suggestion of diplomacy reportedly "alarmed" White House officials,

who worried his conciliatory comments would "sow confusion"

when compared with the president's more hostile remarks

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/12/14/trump-white-house-smacks-down-tillersons-call-direct-talks-north-korea

Trash is one of a joke as managing executive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US military practices North Korea invasion

The United States Military has conducted joint training operations with South Korean forces

to practice removing nuclear weapons from North Korea in the event of war, according to reports..

Citing military sources, South Korea’s Yonhap News Agency reported that the “Warrior Strike” exercise took place north of Seoul between Tuesday and Friday.

Hundreds of soldiers from both sides took part in the training to remove weapons of mass destruction from the North.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/us-...e+Raw+Story%29

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So do we treat this like repealing Obamacare and fixing taxes, just rush anything through unilaterally.
    Just to say problem solved, it's fixed?
    What care do you think should be taken that isn't being taken?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash now blaming explicitly WannaCry ransomware on NK, another "business justification" for attacking NK.

but Trash fails to mention it was actually incompetent NSA that wrote and lost the WannaCry software

============

WannaCry Ransomware: Microsoft Calls Out NSA For 'Stockpiling' Vulnerabilities

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ulnerabilities

Anybody at NSA held accountable for losing NSA software? Probably not, IC, like the police, is totally unaccountable to anyone.

Thread Information