Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't count for . Either they win the last game played in June, or, they're one of 29.

That's the rule.
    Knicks ain't winning , that's for sure.

But an improvement is an improvement cub. Be reasonable.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Knicks ain't winning , that's for sure.

But an improvement is an improvement cub. Be reasonable.
    No. We're not changing the rule. That rule is over 30 years old. We were deemed a pile of because we couldn't solve the Celtics. After '84 we were kicked into a hole and dirt was shoveled on top of us. Buried us while we were still breathing.

Fine, what the could I do...I had to in' take it. I had nary other choice. How the did I know we'd rise from the grave a year later?

But, by God when we did rise that rule was burned into my psyche. EITHER YOU WIN THE LAST GAME PLAYED IN JUNE, OR, YOU'RE A POS.

That's itPERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6 times. That's how you ended up with the 2nd 5th.
    they didn't win their last game in 2013. they lost their last 2

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    they didn't win their last game in 2013. they lost their last 2
    BS. You won that game, they were selling your and stringing your ropes. It was over. Over-over.

Now, I'm going to make myself some hot chocolate & go to couch. I'm colder than a well digger's ass.

Night, fellows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BS. You won that game, they were selling your and stringing your ropes. It was over. Over-over.

Now, I'm going to make myself some hot chocolate & go to couch. I'm colder than a well digger's ass.

Night, fellows.
    final score says miami won, sorry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread hey old man your game is down you . One would think youd have newer material conisdering last yrs playoffs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thread hey old man your game is down you . One would think youd have newer material conisdering last yrs playoffs
    I was just so relieved you let the Clippers bust your hole. I thought it a foregone conclusion. The Spurs thought it a foregone conclusion.

The Clippers? They had no such intention.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    final score says miami won, sorry
    Yeah, after you won and had to give it back. That's how you ended up with a 2nd 5th.

Remember, your entire arena was jammed packed watching a 25 inch Magnavox. Then all the laughter died in sorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, after you won and had to give it back. That's how you ended up with a 2nd 5th.

Remember, your entire arena was jammed packed watching a 25 inch Magnavox. Then all the laughter died in sorrow.
    no, we didn't win. miami won, sorry.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at ole Dale trying to tiptoe out after painting himself into a corner.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Horse .

The Spisak Manifesto:::

1. Make the playoffs.

2. Win the last game you play.

There is nothing else.

Ah, the old Manifesto!!!
    !!!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No. We're not changing the rule. That rule is over 30 years old. We were deemed a pile of because we couldn't solve the Celtics. After '84 we were kicked into a hole and dirt was shoveled on top of us. Buried us while we were still breathing.

Fine, what the could I do...I had to in' take it. I had nary other choice. How the did I know we'd rise from the grave a year later?

But, by God when we did rise that rule was burned into my psyche. EITHER YOU WIN THE LAST GAME PLAYED IN JUNE, OR, YOU'RE A POS.

That's itPERIOD
    So that's how you came up with the Manifesto, Cub? I thought you had invented it at AZ Central

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not much as I once thought. Mitch, Jimbo, Jeannie are literally re ed when it comes to roster building. Think about how they were willing to max out LMA, who would've been a terrible, terrible fit for their team.

They were also willing to max out Dwight
    Mid you are 100% right. And I argued against both offers and against Melo ...ME! Yes we suck, but none of the 3 was helping us win ...at leats anything that matters LMA, Dwight melo all we would get is a first round beating ...no thanks. rather keep rebuilding.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm going to go with their fans. For the most part, Laker fans are the dumbest player fans on the planet. They should boo every time Kobe touches the ball. But they buy high priced tickets, shoes, etc...just because the Laker Front Office tells them to believe in Swaggy P

Their fans are the worst in almost any sport and because LA Owners can literally lie to their faces and steal their money they have no incentive to get better.

It's on Kool and Thread.
    Solid analysis it's the FANS fault!!!

LOL have you seen some of the crap your fanbase posts upstairs?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They moving toward an Eastern Conference playoff spot, while your boys are scraping off the bottom of the barrels the entire league has rolled over you.
    Fixed, for pinpoint accuracy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So that's how you came up with the Manifesto, Cub? I thought you had invented it at AZ Central
    That's just where I put it down on "paper." I'd been walking around like a stick a dynamite with it for over 10 years by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of that . One line. One bar. Win the last game played in June, or, you're 1 of 29.
    Doesn't jive with 2nd 5th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Killakobe81 arguing for team cancer called out by Mitch himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's not about what you post on a meaningless message board. It's about what you do in real life. Not only do Laker fans get sold (and repeatedly buy) sandwiches, they line the owners/Kobe's pockets with tons of cash despite being lied to. They pay for an inferior product, then go to message boards like dummies (not all, but most) and defend most everything they do. They spread the lies that the LA front office tells them ("we are a playoff team", "Kobe's contract is a good one", "Buss family is smart", etc..) and never force their team to actually make a change.

Why would LA try to do anything different when they can spend mediocre money and put a piece of crap on the floor and you will still soak it up and defend everything they do?

Has nothing to do with posting on a message board. Yes, Spurs fans post dumb stuff, but it's nothing like Lakers Ground. Way more stupidity there than here and there is plenty here.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's not about what you post on a meaningless message board. It's about what you do in real life. Not only do Laker fans get sold (and repeatedly buy) sandwiches, they line the owners/Kobe's pockets with tons of cash despite being lied to. They pay for an inferior product, then go to message boards like dummies (not all, but most) and defend most everything they do. They spread the lies that the LA front office tells them ("we are a playoff team", "Kobe's contract is a good one", "Buss family is smart", etc..) and never force their team to actually make a change.

Why would LA try to do anything different when they can spend mediocre money and put a piece of crap on the floor and you will still soak it up and defend everything they do?

Has nothing to do with posting on a message board. Yes, Spurs fans post dumb stuff, but it's nothing like Lakers Ground. Way more stupidity there than here and there is plenty here.
    Didnt say it was about posts. Upstairs people not only say dumb but post dumb they do or have done to support their team same as any fan site. I wont defend LG for having some morons, homers like most boards but I think less dumb gets posted there because of the mods while here it's the wild, wild west of stupidity ... but let me ask you this Deeps ...what would booing Kobe accomplish?

The 24 million is getting paid period ...
    Our coach sucks and we have booed plenty of coaches
    We boo team play ...
    Kobe actually has been playing more team ball in recent weeks but when he was not I called him out on this very site. Nothing you said above make sense for the fanbase overall. I have not paid for tix in over 3 years, not bought any merch nor any League Pass I watch the games and support the players. TWC ratings are down fans have called out Buss and even Mitch and especially Byron on Twitter, LG and ESPN boards etc.
    Some fans will pay for the stuff no matter what and I respect them for that. No matter how ty we are we are not the Clippers are fans the real ones are loyal.

What you are suggesting doesn't make any sense. So fans shouldnt support the team they love? Booing the team at half-time of a poor performance is not enough? YOu really expect our fans to boo Kobe everytime he has the ball? Did we do that to Kareem when he was past his prime or Elgin?

you know I respect you but that is some ignorant ass unrealistic .
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 01-07-2016 at 12:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, it's not about YOU. It's about the fanbase as a whole.

Kobe playing more team ball lately. By sitting out? People booing "team play"? The only one hindering team play is Kobe chucking up a ton of shots, playing no defense and not letting the young guys develop. But here you are, another Laker fan, defending the team just like I said.

So if you guys "boo team play" then how could you not by default be booing Kobe when he's the one going scorched earth on team play and winning basketball to have a selfish farewell tour at the expense of the franchise and young players?

Even when your GM just explicitly admitted to what I said about Kobe.

Support the team? By paying ungodly amounts for tickets to see Kobe's "now farewell" tour. How convincing was management about that 48M. First it was "he was totally worth it and we are a playoff team", not that the lie has been exposed, it's "a much deserved farewell tour" that you are paying EVEN MORE money to see

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Again, it's not about YOU. It's about the fanbase as a whole.

Kobe playing more team ball lately. By sitting out? People booing "team play"? The only one hindering team play is Kobe chucking up a ton of shots, playing no defense and not letting the young guys develop. But here you are, another Laker fan, defending the team just like I said.

So if you guys "boo team play" then how could you not by default be booing Kobe when he's the one going scorched earth on team play and winning basketball to have a selfish farewell tour at the expense of the franchise and young players?

Even when your GM just explicitly admitted to what I said about Kobe.

Support the team? By paying ungodly amounts for tickets to see Kobe's "now farewell" tour. How convincing was management about that 48M. First it was "he was totally worth it and we are a playoff team", not that the lie has been exposed, it's "a much deserved farewell tour" that you are paying EVEN MORE money to see
    IS he shooting the same amount of shots he was shooting early in the season? no. Do you even still watch Laker games?
    Mitch is being honest and I dont disagree ... of course building a team around Kobe is a stifle to the young guys ... I am glad he admits it.
    I did not defend the team, I am actually defending the fans ...or did you not read my post?
    again what you say doesnt make sense ...Kobe is part of the team when the team is booed he is getting booed as well. Should we boo nick young everytime he touches the ball or only when he airballs a 3 after a iso chuck? Or do you only advocate this policy for Kobe? Me peronally I hate Nick Young and I hated the way Kobe was playing early especilaly but I would not pay for tickets to boo them everytime he touches the ball because he is a Laker and that is just ing stupid and pointless.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Doesn't jive with 2nd 5th.
    You grew it---You chew it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You grew it---You chew it.
    It's your narrative, make it work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about what you post on a meaningless message board. It's about what you do in real life. Not only do Laker fans get sold (and repeatedly buy) sandwiches, they line the owners/Kobe's pockets with tons of cash despite being lied to. They pay for an inferior product, then go to message boards like dummies (not all, but most) and defend most everything they do. They spread the lies that the LA front office tells them ("we are a playoff team", "Kobe's contract is a good one", "Buss family is smart", etc..) and never force their team to actually make a change. Why would LA try to do anything different when they can spend mediocre money and put a piece of crap on the floor and you will still soak it up and defend everything they do? Has nothing to do with posting on a message board. Yes, Spurs fans post dumb stuff, but it's nothing like Lakers Ground. Way more stupidity there than here and there is plenty here.
    Although that statement by Mitch has created some dissension among the ranks.

Thread Information