Veteran
    My Team
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Post Count
    Is there any doubt? 4 national les, 4 SEC les, 2 heisman winners, 8 straight 10+ win seasons.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    Bama's bandwagon is so strong it's attracting terrorists now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Still have not seen a Alabama team that could touch the 05 Longhorns or the 02 Miami Hurricans or the 04 USC Trojans.

Bama's defense has been damn good but their offense in each of those championships has been weak.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    They were pretty damn good offensively with AJ McCarron. McElroy was average, but Texas had no chance without Colt McCoy.

Hiring Kiffin was a stroke of genius. He is phenomenal with QB's. Jake Coker will never even play a down in the Arena league, but look what he did in the playoffs.

No not really.

That would be Michigan.

1901...11-0 scored over 500 points, gave up...0

1902...11-0 scored over 500 points, gave up...12

1903...12-0 scored over 600 points, gave up...6

1904...10-0 scored over 500 points, gave up 22

1905...12-1 scored over 500 points, gave up 2.

In the last game of 1905 they lost to Chicago 2-0.

So from 1901 to 1905...56-1, scoring over 2800 points giving up 42. They had 4 games where they scored over 100 points and 50 shutouts.

Scoring 75 or more...12 times. Never giving up more than 12 points (Chicago 1904) in any game.

And many times these games were called before regulation time because of....pity.

Fielding Yost coached at Michigan from 1901 through 1923, and again in 1925 and 1926. He was highly successful at Michigan, winning 165 games, losing only 29, and tying 10 for a winning percentage of .833. Under Yost, Michigan won four straight national championships from 1901 to 1904 and two more in 1918 and 1923. Yost's first Michigan team in 1901 outscored its opposition by a margin of 550–0 en route to a perfect season and victory in the inaugural Rose Bowl on January 1, 1902 over Stanford, the team Yost had coached the year before. From 1901 to 1904, Michigan did not lose a game, and was tied only once in a legendary game with the Minnesota Golden Gophers that led to the establishment of the Little Brown Jug, college football's oldest trophy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then there was that all black HS in Tennessee that went three seasons undefeated and unscored on, and they never allowed any opponet past the 50 yard line. This was Buford County Training School from 1942-44.

All that (except the Wiki)and more can be found in the book....Incredible Football Feats...Jim Benagh

Stuff like....Georgia Tech 222 berland 0
    Last edited by Avante; 01-16-2016 at 12:01 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No not really

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then there was that all black HS in Tennessee that went three seasons undefeated and unscored on, and they never allowed any opponet past the 50 yard line. This was Buford County Training School from 1942-44.

Would that be the team without the club-foot kids and who were training to go overseas?

Just curious.

Would that be the team without the club-foot kids and who were training to go overseas?

Just curious.
    Why this overwelming need to prove you're an idiot? Want me to take ya to school talking Texas Longhorns little man? You remember Ox Eckhardt, right?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-18-2016 at 06:39 AM.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    How much did the REC pay Jonathan Allen to come back for his senior season? The nation's sack leader, with a first round draft grade, coming off of back to back SEC les and a national championship - what more does the guy have to prove in college? This is why LSU can't compete with these bas s anymore; we lose guys like Danielle Hunter and Kwon Alexander as Juniors while they have 22 y/o true freshman receivers running wild and first round draft choices staying in college 4-5 years.

Tuscaloosa > The NFL

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's all about Saban, cut the head off the snake....

Thread Information