San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd put kirbs above oscar and probably bill Russell tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd put kirbs above oscar and probably bill Russell tbh
    I was about to say the same. I'd put Kobe at #10 alltime. And then Moses #11.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well based on the list the only people ahead of Kobe are:

Big men: Hakeem, KAJ, Shaq, Wilt, Duncan, Russell
    Forwards: LeBron, Bird
    Guards: MJ, Magic, Oscar

It's not that outrageous to have him 12th...I can see him up to maybe 9th.
    How do expect to see them rank the top 10? I'll guess

1. Jordan
    2. AIDS
    3. Wilt
    4. Kareem
    5. Russell
    6. Bird
    7. Duncan
    8. James
    9. O'Neal
    10. Olajuwon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont see an issue with Moses at 15. there are a lot of great players. Especially because Lebron, Duncan and your lover-boy Kobe have knocked him from about 11/12th where I had him before those 3 and Shaq of course knocked him back.

Shaq, MJ, Kareem, Kobe Duncan, Magic , Bird, LeBron, Hakeem, Wilt russell that's 11 dudes right there. Of course you gonna argue he deserves Kobe's spot ...but the reality is that would put him 12th and you still have to factor Oscar, Mikan, Jerry west etc.

Him at 15 seems about right don't see how he is much higher than 12th. As for Robinson Timmy bring him two les doesnt automatically take his resume over Mailman. I do prefer David but I can see a case for Malone Barkley and or Stock over him too.

Oh and who cares? your list is just as valid tbh ...
    Moses > Kobe = shaq, and lebronwilt and Russell are tough to gauge.

And the case for Robinson is that before Duncan he didn't have anyone close to top 100. All of the other top 20 guys have at least one other top 100 player playing at or near his prime. The fact that Malone and Stockton both are in the top 20, played for so long and doesn't have one single ring tells you that at least one of them does not belong in the top 20. I say that guy is Malone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is really stupid

Ask any former player or anybody that knows the game and they have Kobe closer to the top 5 than #12

Only Jordan is clearly ahead
    Are you a former player or someone who knows the game?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

1. Jordan
    2. AIDS
    3. Wilt
    4. Kareem
    5. Russell
    6. Bird
    7. Duncan
    8. James
    9. O'Neal
    10. Olajuwon
    I think they'll swap Shaq and Lebron for 8/9 and swap Kareen and Wilt for 3/4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 13-25 for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steph is a bit higher than he should be at least for now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The remaining are:

Jordan
    Duncan
    Magic
    Kareem
    Bird
    Wilt
    Russell
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    LeBron
    Oscar
    Double our 10 on tonight's Spurs/Mavs game?

I got Mavs with the spread (-7).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont see how AIDS can go #2 if you're judging both peak and longevity since he got those AIDS at 31 and only played 12 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Double our 10 on tonight's Spurs/Mavs game?

I got Mavs with the spread (-7).
    Yep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, Spurms are 7 point favorites on the road with no TD or Gino? that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, Spurms are 7 point favorites on the road with no TD or Gino? that.
    Gimmie 3.5?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright, but I'm not too confident. Think this is a Dallas win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright, but I'm not too confident. Think this is a Dallas win

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Are you a former player or someone who knows the game?
    I rely on the opinions of those players and coaches to validate my personal opinions

If they disagree with my thought, I have to reevaluate what I think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe at 12 is fine by me. Not sure why some think it's being generous or an outrage. He is a borderline top 10. He makes mine because I never saw Oscar, Russell or Wilt etc. But If I did I may have him out of the top 10 too.

But I find it funny those that had issues with the rankings of David, Moses etc. are excited because Kobe is 12th or behind Timmy.
    Agree Killa. I think 12 is fair. No problem with the people put above him with maybe the exception of Oscar. I've always had him somewhere from 10-12. Although I can see the argument for him at 9 or 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Jordan
    2. AIDS
    3. Wilt
    4. Kareem
    5. Russell
    6. Bird
    7. Duncan
    8. James
    9. O'Neal
    10. Olajuwon
    I think it will be more like this. Think Wilts lack of les bump him down a few spots.
    1. Jordan
    2.kareem
    3. Aids
    4. Bird
    5. Russell
    6. Duncan
    7. Wilt
    8. James
    9. Shaq
    10. Hakeem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rely on the opinions of those players and coaches to validate my personal opinions

If they disagree with my thought, I have to reevaluate what I think
    So when the media ask the players what they think of Kobe, what should they say?

Also, have you considered forming your own thoughts? It's pretty nice, give it a try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobes 12 to 15 in my books. He's the only player in the top 20 that you say, without a doubt, that his ranking will drop dramatically if he played on another team. Stockton and Malone could be in that group but I think both would do well in another franchise. Maybe not top 20 but Stockton would be top 30 for sure. Malone probably top 50. If Kobe stayed at Charlotte he'd be another tmac.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobes 12 to 15 in my books. He's the only player in the top 20 that you say, without a doubt, that his ranking will drop dramatically if he played on another team. Stockton and Malone could be in that group but I think both would do well in another franchise. Maybe not top 20 but Stockton would be top 30 for sure. Malone probably top 50. If Kobe stayed at Charlotte he'd be another tmac.
    I was with you until that tmac crap ...but whatever. Its espn rankings ... its about as reliable as ASG starters voting. The greatness about it though ...Amb was just ting on these rankings a day ago ...now he agrees with Kobe's spot ...

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    So when the media ask the players what they think of Kobe, what should they say?

Also, have you considered forming your own thoughts? It's pretty nice, give it a try.
    lmao what?

players and teams are asked about other players all the time

They could say a bunch of things instead of comparing Kobe to Jordan, which is what most of them end up doing

What a sad excuse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was with you until that tmac crap ...but whatever. Its espn rankings ... its about as reliable as ASG starters voting. The greatness about it though ...Amb was just ting on these rankings a day ago ...now he agrees with Kobe's spot ...
    The rankings are bad doesn't mean they are all wrong.
    Now think, if any of the top 20 guys never won a ring I his prime (ala Robinson) will they still be top 30 or 40 all time?

Robinson, Barkley, Stockton, Malone are all already there. Dirk will be top 35 or so. Big o west dr j are all in that group who never won a ring in their primes. Moses will be top 20 for sure (in fact, he was so dominant he would have won a ring anyways).

Jordan would be top 10 regardless, Hakeem top 20 or so, same with magic and bird, Duncan will be top 20 like Robinson, shaq Lebron wilt are all In that group, Kareem is in the top 10 no matter what. Russell is actually the only other question mark but that's purely because people under appreciate defense. Kobe? He'd be out of the top 30 for sure. Likely in the top 50.

You out any of the top 20 players in any other environment and they'd still thrive. Maybe not get a ring but still dominant. Kobe? He'd out up huge scoring numbers while leading them to 38 wins like he did I. The mid aughts. That's what tmac did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao what?

players and teams are asked about other players all the time

They could say a bunch of things instead of comparing Kobe to Jordan, which is what most of them end up doing

What a sad excuse
    Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan because he emulated his entire life after Jordan. It's obvious. He wanted to be like mike and be better than him. But just like leading his team to the playoffs without the most dominant frontline In The league, he failed at it.

How was he this generations Jordan? Jordan had Pippen. Jordan dominated the low post in the second three peat, to a degree where the Bulls won 3 straight with Luc longley and bill Wellington at centre. Kobe can't even make the playoffs without players like shaq and MVPau+odom+Bynum cleaning up his misses and utterly dominating the low post.

Jordan put up monster advanced stats in each and every one of the six les, not only leading his own team in many of them in both the regular season and playoffs, but often leading the league in those as well. Kobe? Not even once.

Kobe isn't this generations Jordan, he's a healthy tmac with dominant front courts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the rankings are done. I bet ESPN will have Lebron in the top 5. Which would be hilarious.

Thread Information