Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a big LeBron fan, but holy ing , no way he's better than HIV+ and Wilt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan > Bird
    Duncan >>> Russell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird > Duncan

DeAndre Jordan
    > Russell

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bird > Duncan

DeAndre Jordan
    > Russell
    Hey, Lefty, OT:::why do NHL goalies leave the pipes to pursue the puck? Seems an absurd practice and one I'd think would be banned by the coach.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Do you weigh all rings equally? Does wade's 06 ring mean the same as 13?
    Nah but I wouldn't take away points from Timmy for the last one when he was not the best offensive or defensive player on the 2014 team. If you are at least a top 3 player on your squad it should count. For example for Boston in 2008 who doesnt get credit for that le? KG the defensive anchor. Allen the space maker or Pierce? I give credit to all 3 but rondo was just a bus driver so to me it still counts but less so.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It doesn't make sense to leave Kobe out of the top 10, but have clowns like Isiah, O-Rob high on the list and Bird above Duncan. It's like ESPN wants to seem analytical while trying to please the conservative crowd at the same time.

I'll take Dirk at 17 tho

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron at #3

And now we see the reason why, to hype up their ing Cleveland vs LA2 game on ESPN tonight

Dryer than Kunta's ankles Ashy Larry's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Have no problem with number 3 for James but it has to be deserved at the end of his career. Can't give him the number three ranking while he's still playing. Just crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, Lefty, OT:::why do NHL goalies leave the pipes to pursue the puck? Seems an absurd practice and one I'd think would be banned by the coach.
    idk I guess it's to increase the average scoring

Goalie leaves the pipes to pursue pucks, turns it over, goal

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Have no problem with number 3 for James but it has to be deserved at the end of his career. Can't give him the number three ranking while he's still playing. Just crazy.
    yep. But I dont care much about these. His peak is impressive. Advanced metrics love him. He has two rings and many Finals appearances even if some are losses. I get we all have our ranks but it's not like he is THAT far from #3 imho. I agree with you, already a top 10 but not sure he is at 3 if he died today. But if I have him ...let's say 7th or 8th that is only overrating him slightly in the grand scheme ...no biggie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real, non bias top 10 by a smart guy

1. Micheal coon Jordan
    2. Kareem
    3. TD
    4. Lebron
    5. Shaq
    6. Aids
    7. Hakeem
    8. Moses
    9. Bird
    10.Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeDecline in the top 5 is hilarious. He had a couple good seasons in Cleveland but ultimately had to leave so he could coattail to some rings. Now that he's in his 30s, he's athleticism is dropping off a cliff and he never had average bball IQ or skills, so he's falling back on his coaching/GM skills...and we all know how those are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now Spur fan upset when there has been such bull up and down this list ...
    Was downright giddy at "12" but now ESPN is full of cuz Duncan is 8th.
    Priceless.
    bbbut ESPN is full of advanced metrics guys ...how can Duncan be behind Magic and Kareem he is the best player since JORDAN??!!!!!
    Kobe at 12 is about right
    Tim at 8 is a joke, Tim is at worst 5

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    idk I guess it's to increase the average scoring

Goalie leaves the pipes to pursue pucks, turns it over, goal
    Midst told me you were a hockey expert.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What has he done to deserve 3....what does he need to do to deserve 3....I don't think he should be in the top 10 on anyone's list...if so I want legit reasons

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

1. Micheal coon Jordan
    2. Kareem
    3. TD
    4. Lebron
    5. Shaq
    6. Aids
    7. Hakeem
    8. Moses
    9. Bird
    10.Kobe

Who has Lebron led to deserve his ranking....and you better not say Dwade who was a champion before Lebronze came along

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see the angle of having Lebron at #3, and this is purely from an advanced statistics perspective. It's clear that success in the post season isn't really that heavily weighed when both Wilt and Lebron were ranked that high on the all-time list. That said, I have issues with the consistency of how this was executed.

If they ranked Lebron and Wilt that high, Robinson would be higher because he posted absolutely monster advanced stats before his injuries.

If they ranked players based mostly on advanced stats, Duncan should be higher than Bird and Russell, and arguably even Magic.

I personally won't rank Lebron that high, and it's not for lack of production, it's that 2011 is so ingrained in my brain that really, none of the top 10 players were shut down to a degree like Lebron got shut down by the Mavs (by million year old Kidd and Marion) in the 4th quarters in multiple games of the Finals.

Same with Wilt. The guy was great statistically, but he really is one of the rare players who you can say really choked (Mailman is the other).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can see the angle of having Lebron at #3, and this is purely from an advanced statistics perspective. It's clear that success in the post season isn't really that heavily weighed when both Wilt and Lebron were ranked that high on the all-time list. That said, I have issues with the consistency of how this was executed.

If they ranked Lebron and Wilt that high, Robinson would be higher because he posted absolutely monster advanced stats before his injuries.

If they ranked players based mostly on advanced stats, Duncan should be higher than Bird and Russell, and arguably even Magic.

I personally won't rank Lebron that high, and it's not for lack of production, it's that 2011 is so ingrained in my brain that really, none of the top 10 players were shut down to a degree like Lebron got shut down by the Mavs (by million year old Kidd and Marion) in the 4th quarters in multiple games of the Finals.

Same with Wilt. The guy was great statistically, but he really is one of the rare players who you can say really choked (Mailman is the other).
    Agreed. That is why I said this list was horse . But I dont see the major crime with Lebron over Timmy ... a case can me be made with some metrics and peak numbers though you can make a case the other way as well with Duncan over James.. Honestly either way ...this list is ...

I do think Kareem and MJ at the top 2 pots makes a lot of sense. After those two you can flip most players in any order in the top 10 ... and not be crazy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

1. Micheal coon Jordan
    2. Kareem
    3. TD
    4. Lebron
    5. Shaq
    6. Aids
    7. Hakeem
    8. Moses
    9. Bird
    10.Kobe
    sorry Moses at 8 is to high ...he is always underrated but then people overrate him to make up for it by placing him 8th. No he is not the 8th greatest player ...even if you dont count Wilt or Russell.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    LBJ is low key ecstatic about this I bet.

Bird shouldn't be in front of Duncan. Everyone else ahead of him has an argument even if I don't necessarily agree.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron isnt 3rd best all time if he ends career today. No ing way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sorry Moses at 8 is to high ...he is always underrated but then people overrate him to make up for it by placing him 8th. No he is not the 8th greatest player ...even if you dont count Wilt or Russell.
    Moses is definitely there. His 83 run is comparable to shaqs 01 run.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What has he done to deserve 3....what does he need to do to deserve 3....I don't think he should be in the top 10 on anyone's list...if so I want legit reasons

Obviously he he needs the rings. I have him 9-11. He has the stats and points. Just need the rings. He gets those, I'd have no problem putting him in the top three, especially going through either the Spurs or the Dubs. Might need at least three more rings. Two is a stretch. I don't think two would even get him passed Duncan, Bryant or O'Neal. Those four final losses stand out too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yep. But I dont care much about these. His peak is impressive. Advanced metrics love him. He has two rings and many Finals appearances even if some are losses. I get we all have our ranks but it's not like he is THAT far from #3 imho. I agree with you, already a top 10 but not sure he is at 3 if he died today. But if I have him ...let's say 7th or 8th that is only overrating him slightly in the grand scheme ...no biggie.

Agreed. I have him right at that 9-11 range. He rings going through the Spurs or Dubs, that's big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-Jordan
    2-Wilt
    3-Kareem
    4-Shaq
    5-Lebron
    6-Duncan
    7-Bird
    8-Magic
    9-Russell