Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why so bitter at Kobe being the 12th man?
    Bend over. I'll be the 12th in' man.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll be the 12th in' man.
    Like Kobe bent over in Detroit? Sorry son, this ass is for exit only.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am always curious as to why people have Magic over Kareem. IMO Kareem is the pretty clear cut #2, 6 mvps and 6 les is tough to argue with. I agree with your assessment on Wilt and Russell, very hard to judge them because of when they played.
    I probably go Magic over Kareem since Kareem didn't get over the hump in the 70s without Oscar, and only won again once he had Magic. Magic was past his prime and still took Vlade to the Finals in 1991. But it's not an easy decision to make between the two for me, and you can probably make the case for Duncan over Magic or Kareem given his defensive abilities and his solo performance in 2003.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won't put Duncan over Bird tbh, but I agree with our list.
    Agreed. The knee-jerk reaction is to put Bird over Duncan, but the stats, longevity, and team success don't lie. He has one less regular season MVP, 2 more Finals MVPs (and 29 seconds from FMVP#4), and has been doing it about 8 years longer than Bird did.

Bird over Duncan is 80s nostalgia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I probably go Magic over Kareem since Kareem didn't get over the hump in the 70s without Oscar, and only won again once he had Magic. Magic was past his prime and still took Vlade to the Finals in 1991. But it's not an easy decision to make between the two for me, and you can probably make the case for Duncan over Magic or Kareem given his defensive abilities and his solo performance in 2003.
    Magic only played 11 seasons before getting gay cancer. He should barely be top-10 if you're looking at both peak and longevity. Kareem is ahead of him given those criteria.

Dryer than Kunta's ankles Ashy Larry's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dream is 10
    Shaquille at 9

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan at 8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised to see James beat him out

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Surprised to see James beat him out
    According to the next two picks, it's gonna be Bird and Russell. James is in the top five all time. That's down right crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the next two picks, it's gonna be Bird and Russell. James is in the top five all time. That's down right crazy.
    Where you seeing that? Like I said upstairs, any permutation of Bird / James / Duncan can be argued pretty well, and top 2-4 should be some permutation of Magic/Kareem/Wilt. Ridiculous seeing Russell so high, I'd never have him top 10.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Where you seeing that? Like I said upstairs, any permutation of Bird / James / Duncan can be argued pretty well, and top 2-4 should be some permutation of Magic/Kareem/Wilt. Ridiculous seeing Russell so high, I'd never have him top 10.

Espn page has 6-10 with pics of Bird, Shaquille, Russell, Duncan and Dream. No James, Wilt, Magic, Bird or Jordan. So the latter crew has to be the top five.

Have no problem with Russell being in the top ten. Dude was pretty dominant even with his brutal fg% for a big men. Imagine the amount of triple double he and wilt would have if they kept blocks as a stat. Most have him in the top five. I think he's in the right place around 6-7. Plus 11 rings don't hurt. Dude just won even in his era. All you can ask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Espn page has 6-10 with pics of Bird, Shaquille, Russell, Duncan and Dream. No James, Wilt, Magic, Bird or Jordan. So the latter crew has to be the top five.
    I see on their NBA page. Glad to see Russell wasn't top 5 at least.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just can't have James in the top five all time yet. Maybe ten but personally have him around 11-15 because his career isn't over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just can't have James in the top five all time yet. Maybe ten but personally have him around 11-15 because his career isn't over.
    I'd have him at 7 on my list.

1. Jordan
    2. Johnson
    3. Chamberlain
    4. Abdul-Jabbar
    5. Bird
    6. Duncan
    7. James
    8. O'Neal
    9. Olajuwon
    10. Bryant

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jordan
    Jabbar
    Johnson
    Wilt
    Russell
    Duncan
    Bird
    Bryant
    O'Neal
    Olajuwon

had Russ in the top five just cause all he did was win. Even in that era. It's all subjective and opinionated. I just look at that Top 15. If you're one of the best 15 players that has ever played, you gotta be doing something right.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I'd have him at 7 on my list.

1. Jordan
    2. Johnson
    3. Chamberlain
    4. Abdul-Jabbar
    5. Bird
    6. Duncan
    7. James
    8. O'Neal
    9. Olajuwon
    10. Bryant
    How in the is Bird #5 & Moses not top 10?
    -Won 3 MVPs
    -Was responsible for the most dominant playoff run of the 80s (yeah, Bird's era)
    -Pounded the same Bucks team that swept Bird in 83
    -Outplayed prime Kareem & beat Magic/Kareem with Calvin Murphy as his wingman while Bird lost to the same squad w/ McHale/Parish/DJ
    -Outplayed Bird in the 1980 ECF despite losing he series b/c motha in' Calvin Murphy was his wingman
    -Outplayed Bird in the 1981 Finals despite losing he series b/c motha in' Calvin Murphy was his wingman (Bird wasn't even FMVP)

Bird never repeated despite playing with 3 HOFers (McHale/Parish/DJ) DURING THE PEAK OF HIS PRIME.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Timmy isn't Top 5 All-time, this one is a joke..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You do show up when things are over
    Absolutely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Won 3 MVPs
    -Was responsible for the most dominant playoff run of the 80s (yeah, Bird's era)
    -Outplayed prime Kareem & beat Magic/Kareem with Calvin Murphy as his wingman while Bird lost to the same squad w/ McHale/Parish/DJ
    -Outplayed Bird in the 1980 ECF despite losing he series b/c motha in' Calvin Murphy was his wingman
    -Outplayed Bird in the 1981 Finals despite losing he series b/c motha in' Calvin Murphy was his wingman (Bird wasn't even FMVP)

Bird never repeated despite playing with 3 HOFers (McHale/Parish/DJ) DURING THE PEAK OF HIS PRIME.
    Moses Malone and Big O, but especially Moses, are two of the most underrated players ever. It's a shame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, not a fan of LeBron and Russel being above Timmy, but pretty much everyone else on that list has an argument over him.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Moses Malone and Big O, but especially Moses, are two of the most underrated players ever. It's a shame.
    Big O at least played during the pre-merger era but Moses actually played against all the 70s/80s HOFers & dominated. Bird on the other hand gets a passing despite playing with MULTIPLE HOFers his ENTIRE career & never repeating b/c he couldn't beat the same Lakers that Moses beat single-handily.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 02-09-2016 at 02:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Won 3 MVPs

why didnt moses repeat after winning in 83? instead they got bounced in the first round in 84 by the nets with virtually the same squad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James over Duncan for career. Joke

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    James over Duncan for career. Joke

cant put him in the top five just yet.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

why didnt moses repeat after winning in 83? instead they got bounced in the first round in 84 by the nets with virtually the same squad
    Hadn't Magic run off that lunatic Lloyd guy during the off season? He was a gd menace. Had no respect for Magic and Magic's way of cruising down the lane, watermelon smile, high dribble, foul called. Couldn't get anything done with Lewis around. tee, hee.

Thread Information