Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is not the Pb, even if he needs to improve with his ball handling and decision making.

He is the last that we should be worried about...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhis ISO strugless vs Klay Thompson are far from being effective tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is not the Pb, even if he needs to improve with his ball handling and decision making.

He is the last that we should be worried about...
    Ah ok. Thought he was supposed to be our MVP. Carry on then...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop sat him because he was showing no energy and was resorting into a jump shooting Kei van horn
    Since when attacking the rim, getting to the line, scoring 11 points in just 7 minutes...is "showing no energy"?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the team should take turns and learn how to ing do an entry pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhis ISO strugless vs Klay Thompson are far from being effective tbh
    Did you watch the game? Kawhi ate Klay alive in the post in this game.

Not effective?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah ok. Thought he was supposed to be our MVP. Carry on then...
    He is not an iso player what do you expect from him when the whole team is playing like that?

I don't care if people overate him despite his great productions, he is not Kobe or TMac, he needs to system more than any previous Spurs allstar...

Only (young) Manu or TP could take over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very confused by Kawhi logic tbh.

He's the league MVP yet 14 pts bullied by Green and hanging his head by the 3rd quarter is acceptable

Smh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very confused by Kawhi logic tbh.

He's the league MVP yet 14 pts bullied by Green and hanging his head by the 3rd quarter is acceptable

Smh
    No he is not...

And it's not because we argue that we are player fan or whatever bro, just that Kawhi's is an amazing player, but his production depends on the "stability" of the spurs system, nobody could keep his composure today...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, MVParker and LMAlpha schooled those fools

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is amazing. Never said he wasn't. He is a beast especially when you see him live. And he is stronger and bigger than most guys.

But why can't we cal him out when he s his pants in big games?? Why does he get a pass in big games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was effective 4-6 FG 7-7 FT 16 points...With LMA in a bad night (2-9) I wonder why this team didn't give more the ball to Kawhi in the first half. Sometimes it's a bit frustrating how they play him.
    because parker was too busy turning the ball over and flopping playing hero ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not an iso player what do you expect from him when the whole team is playing like that?

I don't care if people overate him despite his great productions, he is not Kobe or TMac, he needs to system more than any previous Spurs allstar...
    Kawhi was #2 in iso plays in the whole league until the first days of January, his most points in this game coming from isos-plays...

But who can expect he takes over when he gets 6 touches in a game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it's not because we argue that we are player fan or whatever bro, just that Kawhi's is an amazing player, but his production depends on the "stability" of the spurs system, nobody could keep his composure today...
    Not sure how Kawhi was starting to look unstoppable in the 3rd quarter when the rest of our guys looked so bad...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is amazing. Never said he wasn't. He is a beast especially when you see him live. And he is stronger and bigger than most guys.

But why can't we cal him out when he s his pants in big games?? Why does he get a pass in big games?
    Because he is not like Tony or Manu used to be, HE IS NOT A GOOD BALL-HANDLER NOR DECISION MAKER UNDER PRESSURE and has never been even if he is (slightly) improving.

I understand your frustration bro, but he is the wrong target. Tony and LA's productions are the main pb imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how Kawhi was starting to look unstoppable in the 3rd quarter when the rest of our guys looked so bad...
    He can't dominate for long stretches because of his ball-handling mainly, at some point they just trap him and he doesn't respond well... yet at least (the guy is improving).

He tries to bully his opponent, which works sometimes, but you need more moves to take over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he is not like Tony or Manu used to be, HE IS NOT A GOOD BALL-HANDLER NOR DECISION MAKER UNDER PRESSURE and has never been even if he is (slightly) improving.
    And Parker and Manu were that great like Kawhi in the post? They have differents games but it doesn't mean that Kawhi isn't a great iso-player. Or he can't take over a game if Pop and his teammates give him the chance...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I understand your frustration bro, but he is the wrong target. Tony and LA's productions are the main pb imo
    He's proven he can be that guy. But not vs feisty physical playas. Those are his kryptonite

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buddy I love Kawhi, but he is not there yet, he still needs to deal better with dble teams for instance, change of directions...

You don't take over by only posting, you need drive and even if HE IS GETTING BETTER but he is not elite at that yet (Simmons is better in that area for ex)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't dominate for long stretches because of his ball-handling mainly, at some point they just trap him and he doesn't respond well... yet at least (the guy is improving).
    Not responding well? Tonight they doubled him twice, one play Manu made a bad pass, in the other Kawhi found Simms for an easy bucket.

He tries to bully his opponent, which works sometimes, but you need more moves to take over.
    Worked in this game. Drawing fouls and getting to the line...7-7.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 01-26-2016 at 01:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buddy I love Kawhi, but he is not there yet, he still needs to deal better with dble teams for instance, change of directions...

You don't take over by only posting, you need drive and even if HE IS GETTING BETTER but he is not elite at that yet (Simmons is better in that area for ex)
    He's a post-up player, even if you can't believe it most of them take over posting...And he's getting better handling double teams, if you can't see it maybe you aren't watching him very often.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

25 mins, 4-6, 16 points. 16 points on 6 shots at 67%. In what league is that considered " ting ones pants.."? Especially when you're benched most of the 2nd half.. We can look at stats and say, "____ had a bad game", or we can look at the game and make an assessment. Somewhere, a kid is googling a bruce bowen or rodman stats type of player and saying, "these guys sucked, they couldn't score..". This is why we watch games..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you watch the game? Kawhi postup resulted in a score the 3 or so times they bothered to give him the ball in the post. Instead they wasted time trying to force a LMA postup on Green, had Parker try and go 1 on 1 or Manu trying to hero ball like he was still playing the Lakers.

Kawhi could have easily had 20+ in 3 quarters yet he isn't going to win the game on his own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

apparently parker isn't a good ball handler anymore either

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Kawhi went for 30+ we would have still been blown out...

He is not the pb (coward? really?) like some haters say, but he is not TMac, he needs his teammates to be on the same page, can't do it alone (that's why Pop only played him 25min).

But add Timmy and 30+min Kawhi, it's a different game

Thread Information