Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm starting to grow tired of the fact that the Spurs still don't have an offensive play set that gets the ball into Kawhi's hands.
    I wholeheartedly agree but I don't think that will change with Parker in the lineup. I know there are people on ST that go back and forth with the Parker hate but it's really noticeable that Kawhi gets frozen out of the offense. 6 shots in 3 quarters is unacceptable. Pop must notice this?! Can you run more sets for the leading scorer please? How hard is it really.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the problem here, Kawhi brought fire to his game and wanted the ball so badly, but for whatever reason (team running the offense perhaps), Kawhi just wasn't getting the ball. Kawhi is the Spurs biggest threat to GSW and he wasn't utilized efficiently and Pop needs to figure this out or Spurs will continue to lose to Warriors in blowouts.

I'm starting to grow tired of the fact that the Spurs still don't have an offensive play set that gets the ball into Kawhi's hands.

Our strength is ISO and inside out and we still have factions of the team who believe motion and PnR are our strengths.
    I agree, but the players do what Pop ask then to do.

I still have no idea what the game plan was though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WE have to consider the defense. He gets double teamed and has to pass out. Once even Manu had a TO trying to get him the ball when he was double teamed. He has to handle the ball better so that there is no issue with getting him the ball while he's double teamed and then he can do whatever he pleases, pass or force his shots. If he can't handle the ball under pressure, he remains at the mercy of someone else who can, and in those situations, there is ball denial, there are many ways of preventing him getting the ball or forcing to give it up once he has it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WE have to consider the defense. He gets double teamed and has to pass out. Once even Manu had a TO trying to get him the ball when he was double teamed. He has to handle the ball better so that there is no issue with getting him the ball while he's double teamed and then he can do whatever he pleases, pass or force his shots. If he can't handle the ball under pressure, he remains at the mercy of someone else who can, and in those situations, there is ball denial, there are many ways of preventing him getting the ball or forcing to give it up once he has it.
    Just like Tim you have to let him grow and learn to deal with double teams to force a mismatch and pass to the open man. Tim was horrible when he started to get doubled when he started out then people stopped doing it once he got good at exploiting the double.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    It's funny really. Lots of posts about how Leonard needs to be parked on the 3 point line (save energy, biggest threat). Let Parker and LMA do the 2 man game. Kawhi post ups are not good offense. BUT Kawhi has to be aggressive.

What's he suppose to do? He's our best 3 point shooter but rarely gets looks from there. The only play they run for him is the ally oop. You can't tell me they can't set a screen or two. Get him involved in some p/r and p/p now and then.

The biggest joke is not clearing out when he's in the post. The bigs are terrible about staying near the basket which clogs the lane. Also makes entry passes iffy because another defender is always hovering. Clear out, let him operate quickly, or make the help defender commit, then move without the ball.

I'm not saying everything has to run through Leonard. But mix it up. A post up here, a screen there, and so on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best part of this thread is that out all the negatives or quarrels people have about Kawhi very few were exhibited in this GSW game
    He WAS aggressive. He DID get to the line. He DIDNT settle for jumpers. He played WELL outta the dbl teams
    Ill say it again,
    His biggest hindrance is the team he plays with
    if they used him like this last year I wouldnt have be surprised if he left during FA
    Kawhi isnt elite yet but hes damn sure on the way
    Get the out his way & let that boy shine!

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    A few times Leonard grabbed the rebound and pushed the ball up. He's doing that more this season. Sometimes it works. Basket for himself, layup for someone else, or open 3 look for another. Sometimes he turns it over or is indecisive and the moment of attack is gone. Part of the process.

Why not let him bring the ball up a few times? See if anything develops? He can always run to the corner and watch/wait if there isn't anything to work with. But it would draw his defender out and make him work/think about what is coming. As of now everyone knows he's going to run to the corner/3 point line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's great that spursfans finally agree Kawhi is no MVP. Not even close and he can't carry a team anywhere.

We gona need LMAlpha to take over the team or we might as well tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D-West, Simmons and Manu were our best players. Kawhi touched the ball way too little to be considered any sort of factor.
    simmons????? for real? hahaha. simmons and ginobli are 2 players u name???? did u watch the GAME last night or just that highlighted gif of simmons dunking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny really. Lots of posts about how Leonard needs to be parked on the 3 point line (save energy, biggest threat). Let Parker and LMA do the 2 man game. Kawhi post ups are not good offense. BUT Kawhi has to be aggressive.

What's he suppose to do? He's our best 3 point shooter but rarely gets looks from there. The only play they run for him is the ally oop. You can't tell me they can't set a screen or two. Get him involved in some p/r and p/p now and then.

The biggest joke is not clearing out when he's in the post. The bigs are terrible about staying near the basket which clogs the lane. Also makes entry passes iffy because another defender is always hovering. Clear out, let him operate quickly, or make the help defender commit, then move without the ball.

I'm not saying everything has to run through Leonard. But mix it up. A post up here, a screen there, and so on.
    see my post in another thread about floor spacing. GS doesn't defend the 3 point line. They camp in the lane, double and triple for a steal and run out. We gotta make them pay. We can't make them pay with everyone playing inside of the 3 point line. work that 4-1 offense with either tim or aldridge on the block. From the bench, put west on the block and diaw at the 3 point line with ginobli, mills, and simmons with him and we will make them pay. I promise u.. That's how u beat a zone defense. No one here watches Duke basketball?

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    People here seem big on saving Leonard's energy. Minimal post ups, parking at the 3 point line.

How about finding some guards who can do their jobs and play defense. Not waste Leonard's energy having to chase guys like Curry and Re for long stretches.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does Porker cower against literally every point guard on an NBA roster?
    Are you daft? That is so not the case. Ive seen him school Westbrook, CP3 and many others.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's great that spursfans finally agree Kawhi is no MVP. Not even close and he can't carry a team anywhere.

Huh? How about LMA just show up for a game before talking about taking over. One bad game and you throw in the towel in for Kawhi? A coach you are not.

Tim Duncan is the GoAT Ginobili3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    simmons????? for real? hahaha. simmons and ginobli are 2 players u name???? did u watch the GAME last night or just that highlighted gif of simmons dunking?
    They were the only ones playing worth a damn and with any sort of fire. Sure they missed a lot of shots but who else but Manu was drawing fouls and getting to the line?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? How about LMA just show up for a game before talking about taking over. One bad game and you throw in the towel in for Kawhi? A coach you are not.
    The guy is a garbage troll tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why do you need to be so manichean?

The fact that he is not the MVP of the league doesn't mean he can't carry the team on the long term, that's actually the goal, like it or not...

And he is an "alpha" dude, no question about it. You just have to accept that he is in a "process". When you see the speed with witch he has improved SO MANY areas of his game, just be patient a little bit buddy.
    Just with that game itself he is gonna learn/improve so much (I'm not the only one suspecting that CIA Pop wasn't unhappy, not by the loss, but by the lessons and so the improvements that his team/players with benefit from).

He is our MVP, it's not even close.

And btw, I've never seen anything remotely alpha in LMA, even in Portland...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is bigger and stringer than those guys but he seems to piss his pants vs these types of playas.

Why he such a coward vs these feisty dudes?
    Re has no balls. He's no Bowen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re has no balls. He's no Bowen.
    6th seed
    Charles Barkley 2.0
    We Won't Be Sneaking

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D-West, Simmons and Manu were our best players. Kawhi touched the ball way too little to be considered any sort of factor.
    I can tell you don't watch basketball because u just said manu simms and dwest who all played garbage last night. Especially dwest for 's sake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said I threw in the towel? He is our best player but I am just pointing out the obvious trend that he shrinks vs feisty boisterous physical opponents. Just pointing it out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhi is slow minded and can't communicate because of his syndrome, so can't defend this type of great flow and smart offense, that's why he got fooled over and over again...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were the only ones playing worth a damn and with any sort of fire. Sure they missed a lot of shots but who else but Manu was drawing fouls and getting to the line?
    Trying to dunk over and over again does not = playing well. Also did you see his defense? He played the worst defense last night (with the exception of Patty and Parker who are just too small).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad the Kawhi bubble has finally burst.

Time to wake up to reality and start from scratch. Pop needs to start building the team around LMaloha and start inserting Boban. Oh and Simmons needs to start instead of green. And we probably need to trade someone for a long defensive PG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garbage ass trolls.

Thread Information