Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sad part here is you really have no idea what you're watching. LMA isn't adjusting to the Spurs system, the Spurs system is adjusting to LMA. I would like to think you of all people should know that the so called Spurs system isn't about fitting square pegs in round holes. It's made up of players and those said players make up the system. The Spurs have essentially gone from an uptempo, passing offense to a halfcourt ISO offense. They used to eat ISO teams for breakfast and now, they've essentially become one.

"It takes most Vets a year to figure out how to function in the Spurs system..... LMA was brought to SA for his offensive prowess in the low/high post. After the Magic game, he really looks like he has found his comfort zone." What an odd couple of sentences. So, every time LMA has a big game against weak compe ion, he's finding his comfort zone? And every time he s the bed against elite compe ion, he needs to adjust and get comfortable in the system? So which is it? Do you know how many times it's been said he's finding his comfort zone only to see reality come crashing down around him in the next game? Lma isn't the high usage player he was in Portland so there's no chance of him averaging 20-25 points a night in a Spurs uniform. However, it would be nice if he actually showed up in big games every once in a while. What I mean by this is, it isn't important that he goes on scoring spree against teams the Spurs are going to pound anyway. If the Spurs want a puncher's chance at reclaiming the NBA championship, LMA is going to have to show up in games that actually matter.
    So, all graphs with a positive sloping trend are always linear, and never more complicated, with backing and filling, then? All stocks, growth models, etc, are linear?

No. He can, both, be getting more and more comfortable, and still the bed, especially against better teams, and still be on a positive trajectory.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sad part here is you really have no idea what you're watching. LMA isn't adjusting to the Spurs system, the Spurs system is adjusting to LMA.

What an odd couple of sentences. So, every time LMA has a big game against weak compe ion, he's finding his comfort zone? And every time he s the bed against elite compe ion, he needs to adjust and get comfortable in the system? Lma isn't the high usage player he was in Portland so there's no chance of him averaging 20-25 points a night in a Spurs uniform.
    This shows that you have just recently be watching the Spurs. I have been watching them for NEARLY 30 YEARS. Spurs system isn't adjusting to LMA. Spurs are integrating the Old Spurs system with the new one, you know, the one where the Spurs didn't have any players that could consistently post up in the paint, so the Spurs reverted to small ball play. Spurs aren't adjusting to just LMA. Diaw, Kawhi, West, KA, LMA, etc. have all been noticeably posting up more the past 3 weeks. Why???? Because Pop knows that is the one thing the Spurs will have the advantage over GS. Pop is meshing the old system with the new. And the past two games, you are seeing positive effects from it.

LMA shot 7-11 against the Cavs and most of that came in the 1st half. Pop only played him just over 7 minutes in the 2nd half. Why??? Because Pop saw what LMA can do. He pulled him and let other guys get their shot at the Cavs. Pop didn't care to win that game. He wanted game film for the playoffs to see who matches up well and what worked. I admit that LMA stunk against the Warriors and should have owned Green as he has in the past. He even said he was BAD. And you have seen a transformation from him since then.

And LMA avg. 20-25 ppg. THAT IS TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was at Players Club off of Beitel Rd doing a shot off Cindys stomach when a waitress said she heard Tim is out for the Mavs game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    210 Podcast: Duncan has bone bruise in knee

Check out my podcast

https://soundcloud.com/210-podcast/210-podcast-2-03-16

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    210 Podcast: Duncan has bone bruise in knee

Check out my podcast

https://soundcloud.com/210-podcast/210-podcast-2-03-16
    Dont have time to listen, any details besides it being a bone bruise?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont have time to listen, any details besides it being a bone bruise?
    Expected to be out until All-Star break

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expected to be out until All-Star break
    Good news, he could use a break anyways, kinda like when parker just took a month off in 2014 to refresh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Reassuring news ..Need team captain for the Rodeo trip..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keep him out till the Orlando game. Ill be in town on business and will be going

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Team captain itching to play and cover some sorry asses on D

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow TD

Also... I don't know if you caught this within Tony's words, but the day TD has an injury that will take a long time to recover from.. seems like he will retire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to leave?
    I don't like the way that sounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow TD

Also... I don't know if you caught this within Tony's words, but the day TD has an injury that will take a long time to recover from.. seems like he will retire.
    I interpreted it to mean that Tim couldn't stand it (not playing) any more because TIM thinks he can. Pop, being Pop, is holding him out longer. It's just Tony saying Timmy is frustrated and wanting Pop to let him play again.

But did you notice when Tim was walking off the court tonight he looked like he was limping noticeably? I mean I realize that he doesn't walk all that well normally any more, but it looked worse than normal to me.

All these guys want to play more and earlier than Pop wants them to play. But Pop knows their limitations better than they do. Look at what happened last year when Parker was insisting he was able to play even though he still had that hamstring. He was terrible, and FINALLY Pop made him sit.

All these guys want to play every night and think they CAN play every night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I interpreted it to mean that Tim couldn't stand it (not playing) any more because TIM thinks he can. Pop, being Pop, is holding him out longer. It's just Tony saying Timmy is frustrated and wanting Pop to let him play again.

But did you notice when Tim was walking off the court tonight he looked like he was limping noticeably? I mean I realize that he doesn't walk all that well normally any more, but it looked worse than normal to me.

All these guys want to play more and earlier than Pop wants them to play. But Pop knows their limitations better than they do. Look at what happened last year when Parker was insisting he was able to play even though he still had that hamstring. He was terrible, and FINALLY Pop made him sit.

All these guys want to play every night and think they CAN play every night.
    Yea I noticed it this game and our last home game too and I agree with you on Tony. Last season he kept making attempts to come back to play while he wasn't ready and it just caused his injury to nag him all through the season and it probably even made it a longer recovery. Also these guys when they are injured will be a s of themselves, not to mention overcompensate some other way and injure something else.

I would hold him out until after the ASG... I think his knee is just old age though too, and will always bother him to a degree... but I saw somewhere it was a bone bruise and those are delicate, bc it could turn into a bone fracture (in the knee can you imagine?). Spurs practices are nothing like the pounding of real games too.

If I recall Boban had that bone bruise and they made him sit out the Euro tournament plus most of TC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to leave?
    I don't like the way that sounds.
    Its a joke, I swear some of you people...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs @spurs
    INJURY REPORT: Duncan (soreness right knee) is questionable for tomorrow. Bonner (left calf strain) & Ginobili (surgical recovery) are out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sounds like Timmy will play in one game of Miami/Orl trip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea sounds like he's going to play. Will be rusty but it'll be good to have him back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I don't care if it's just 5 minutes I can't wait to see him on the court again.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just throw him into the fridge 'til april

Thread Information