Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs @spurs
    INJURY REPORT: Tim Duncan (soreness, right knee) is out for tomorrow's Spurs-Magic game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its the magic at home, they will be able to handle their business. At this point, just have him rest till allstar and take the whole two weeks off. Manu needs a week rest too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was't returning against the freaking Magic anyway..

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    He's not returning before the all-star break imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would seem that chasing the Warriors is a waste and keeping #2 by staying ahead of Thunderef is what matters at this point.

So ya, rest any that need it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would seem that chasing the Warriors is a waste and keeping #2 by staying ahead of Thunderef is what matters at this point.

So ya, rest any that need it.
    Agree that holding on to the 2 seed is paramount. The Thunder are only five back in the loss column, with one win already over SA (they play 4x). Assuming they split, next tiebreaker is conference record. Given they both have four losses in conference and OKC is five back, I would imagine OKC grabs the conference record tiebreaker even if Spurs split the season series.

Given how the Thunder are playing, it wouldn't surprise me to see them creep up to within a few games of the Spurs by the end of February.

Assuming Spurs-Warriors split, that would mean Spurs gaining a game in the standings (-3) and it's possible with enough of the W's losses coming in conference that they catch on a tiebreaker. Very unlikely either way.

Unfortunately the rest of the West is a train wreck with only 5 teams having a positive point differential and nobody's going to knock OKC out of the #3 spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The clipp show at 4 js probably better for the spurs. They play Golden state really well tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the pregame vs Cavs the ESPN reporter commented that Pop said they're going to take it extra easy on that recovery time... basically shut him down until he feels good again, no rushing, etc...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this pretty much means Spurs are going to rely heavily on TD-LMA come playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the pregame vs Cavs the ESPN reporter commented that Pop said they're going to take it extra easy on that recovery time... basically shut him down until he feels good again, no rushing, etc...
    Thanks for sharing that tidbit. I missed that.

It explains all the experimenting by Pop. He will need to figure something out with the guys we have for the big rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree that holding on to the 2 seed is paramount. The Thunder are only five back in the loss column, with one win already over SA (they play 4x). Assuming they split, next tiebreaker is conference record. Given they both have four losses in conference and OKC is five back, I would imagine OKC grabs the conference record tiebreaker even if Spurs split the season series.

Given how the Thunder are playing, it wouldn't surprise me to see them creep up to within a few games of the Spurs by the end of February.

Assuming Spurs-Warriors split, that would mean Spurs gaining a game in the standings (-3) and it's possible with enough of the W's losses coming in conference that they catch on a tiebreaker. Very unlikely either way.

Unfortunately the rest of the West is a train wreck with only 5 teams having a positive point differential and nobody's going to knock OKC out of the #3 spot.
    They just lost to the nets and very well may have lost to Houston if howard was not ejected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Orsborn @tom_orsborn
    No update from Pop on Duncan's long-term status other than to say "we are exploring all possibilities." #Spurs

hmmm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Orsborn @tom_orsborn
    No update from Pop on Duncan's long-term status other than to say "we are exploring all possibilities." #Spurs

hmmm
    Wonder what that could possibly mean? Doesn't sound good at all...unless he means his return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to sound serious. Wish they'd just announce if Duncan is done for the season so we can adjust to lower expectations sooner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah looking back, I think someone asked about holding him out till after the all star break.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sounds awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not returning before the all-star break imo.
    Said it in the first thread about his knee. If he stays out until after the AS break, he will have had exactly a month off, with the exception of 21 easy minutes against the Lakers. That's enough rest to be worthwhile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exploring all possibilities?
    Including the possibility he doesn't play the rest of the season IMO.
    In that case... we need a trade.
    We are in trouble.
    Panic!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exploring all possibilities?
    Including the possibility he doesn't play the rest of the season IMO.
    In that case... we need a trade.
    We are in trouble.
    Panic!
    There is no trade to be made. If Tim is out this team's ceiling is the second round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no trade to be made. If Tim is out this team's ceiling is the second round.
    And you are being generous.
    If Tim is out and we don't get a defensive big man, we might be out in the first.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I have to watch that dud LMA get exposed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't about "Pop not wanting to show his cards" or "Pop not wanting to give them a mental edge" or Duncan "not being necessary vs the Warriors". Something is clearly not right. He hasn't looked himself for a while now and it's past the point where it can be said that the primary reason for it, is his "role changing" or him "taking it easy".

Soreness might actually be worse than a (relatively minor) injury, because in his case, it's probably mileage related, as opposed something specific having happened. I wouldn't be surprised to see him shut down for a few weeks soon, but it's fair to wonder if this is going to linger through the remainder of the season.
    He has had two bad games in a row, besides that, he had been playing just fine, look at the stats, you are overreacting. He probably was a little sore, because he has tendonitis, and Pop said, this game really isnt important in the grand scheme, no need to risk an injury, lets send you home for an extended rest and get you ready for the next game.
    If it was anything serious do you really think Pop would have played him against the Lakers?
    TD21 is known for his emotional, estrogen filled takes. Hasn't posted in like a week, but as soon as something he can spin as bad happens he logs in and pounds out a post through the tears.
    Do you think Pop would have played him against the Lakers if it was something serious?
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=256473&page=3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you are being generous.
    If Tim is out and we don't get a defensive big man, we might be out in the first.

The bottom 4 teams in the WC playoff picture will be terrible. Spurs will beat any of those teams in 6 or less.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I don't like the sound of that. Hopefully Pop is just being dramatic to the media.

Thread Information