Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's an extremly talented one on one player. His basketball IQ on offense is pretty darn high. I'm positive hes part of the future

Like with most guys playing very little minutes, inconsistency is common. I think be a better player in a more consistent role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive been very critical of anderson, but he can b a valuable 8-9 man moving forward

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Kyle is the messiah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You up for a game tonight? Its been close to a month since i played 2k..been playing too much dragon age

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His D late was upsettin Coach Pop!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His D late was upsettin Coach Pop!
    Yeah his D is atrocious but thats why hes a situational 8-9 man. Hes obviously going to be garbage if hes utilized more than that, but he can be utilized as a unique wing-big. Thats a valuable asset to have in league that consisitently brings about unique talent.

Drunk on the Riverwalk Matty2Cool's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah he sucks. go back to watching your first spurs game ever in 03 or 05 brah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's an extremly talented one on one player. His basketball IQ on offense is pretty darn high. I'm positive hes part of the future

Like with most guys playing very little minutes, inconsistency is common. I think be a better player in a more consistent role.
    Agree with you apalisoc.

Pop will just tinker to his heart's discontent with lineups (I say discontent bc the cir stances that call for it are not ideal).

It's tough to get a rhythm going when you play little, with different guys and at different spots (the 3 or 4, with both 1, 2nd and 3rd string). Also, he's like a rookie in the sense that he will face matchups or defensive schemes now that he is supposed to play more regularly, that will get the best of him at times. I consider it a learning season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Pop had him defending on the perimeter to work on his issues, it was obvious...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is trying to figure out anderson best position/role right now. Persoanlly, hes a better when used as small ball 4. His inability to guard the drive is his biggest weakness...

Thats valuable because it gives them the option to play small ball in the future without moving kawhi to the 4 position...i think what people are trying to figure out right now is how much of a negative he is on D playing the three and if its worth playing him those 4-5 minutes in that position..

Hes a hard cat to read in terms of his role because he has unique skillset that makes him a potentially valuable offensive tool but hes also has deficiencies on D thats magnified when he plays as kawhi sub

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is trying to figure out anderson best position/role right now. Persoanlly, hes a better when used as small ball 4. His inability to guard the drive is his biggest weakness...

Thats valuable because it gives them the option to play small ball in the future without moving kawhi to the 4 position...i think what people are trying to figure out right now is how much of a negative he is on D playing the three and if its worth playing him those 4-5 minutes in that position..

Hes a hard cat to read in terms of his role because he has unique skillset that makes him a potentially valuable offensive tool but hes also has deficiencies on D thats magnified when he plays as kawhi sub
    Very much agree with this statement too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You up for a game tonight? Its been close to a month since i played 2k..been playing too much dragon age
    Yes sir, let's see if the sucky 2K servers are cooperating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah he sucks. go back to watching your first spurs game ever in 03 or 05 brah
    Who is that on your sig? I want to go find naked pictures of her on the internet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Pop had him defending on the perimeter to work on his issues, it was obvious...
    Actually I went back and watched the Pelican game. Kyle defended Ryan Anderson very well. Excellent matchup for a lot of stretch fours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playmaker. Legit NBA caliber. Godsend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually I went back and watched the Pelican game. Kyle defended Ryan Anderson very well. Excellent matchup for a lot of stretch fours.
    I definitely think that is his ultimate role... Pop just making him sweat through his weaknesses this game. I see a lot of switching when he's in the game at the 4.

I suspect when the Spurs play him at the 4 ultimately they will use more switching with him (kind of like they do with Raymond? I don't watch GSW so I am stating that ahead of time... I am guessing). For that to work, Kyle has to handle his own one on one with perimeter players occasionally. Not that you want to assign him a tough guy but he will occasionally have to deal with them, so they had him work on that this game. Not his best game for sure because the guys behind him were also not there to help contain anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agree. He's already a valuable player and will become more valuable with increased minutes.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely think that is his ultimate role... Pop just making him sweat through his weaknesses this game. I see a lot of switching when he's in the game at the 4.

I suspect when the Spurs play him at the 4 ultimately they will use more switching with him (kind of like they do with Raymond? I don't watch GSW so I am stating that ahead of time... I am guessing). For that to work, Kyle has to handle his own one on one with perimeter players occasionally. Not that you want to assign him a tough guy but he will occasionally have to deal with them, so they had him work on that this game. Not his best game for sure because the guys behind him were also not there to help contain anyone.
    There was a stretch early in the second quarter when we had LMA, Boris, Kawhi, Simmons and Patty on the floor. In the game thread I remarked that we would see that lineup a lot next season. At that moment (right on cue), Pop subbed in both Kyle and Boban. I was very disappointed that he didn't just sub Kyle for Boris. I think we will see plenty more of that lineup next season, too: LMA, Kyle, Kawhi, Simmons and Patty. I wish we had seen it tonight, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Kyle. And I think he has more potential on D than he's being credited for. That long wingspan of his helps. He can stay off the ball and still get his arms and hands into who he his defending. Kawhi and Green use a lot of handsy stuff to disrupt opponents, but both of them can play closer to the ball. Kyle can do the same thing, but further from the ball.

I would like to see some better lateral movement from him tho. He tends to cross his legs instead of shuffling side to side, which puts him on his side and easier to get around...making him trail the play. Maybe he's used to that and with his wingspan, thinks he can get to the ball from behind. I dunno. I'd prefer that long wingspan to be in front of the player tho.

Hard not to like this guy. Like to see him get a lot of minutes with Manu gone just to see what he's capable of. Weird to be making so many adjustments at this point in the season...lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a stretch early in the second quarter when we had LMA, Boris, Kawhi, Simmons and Patty on the floor. In the game thread I remarked that we would see that lineup a lot next season. At that moment (right on cue), Pop subbed in both Kyle and Boban. I was very disappointed that he didn't just sub Kyle for Boris. I think we will see plenty more of that lineup next season, too: LMA, Kyle, Kawhi, Simmons and Patty. I wish we had seen it tonight, tbh
    I have wondered at the big rotation and how close Timmy is to getting back.

Before Manu was out, I thought Pop would want Boris at the 4 to start for the experience, and leave Kyle in the bench with Manu and the rest. We actually saw some of that, but Kyle did well at the 4 with start or bench lineups, so it really didn't matter, and I think Simmons will be the same, subbed at his natural spot as a SG, he will do well with either start or bench lineups.

However, Manu being out complicates matters, because I am guessing Pop will not want to have too many youngsters/rookies playing together in the bench without some vet leadership and I could not make sense of what he wanted to see very well because Boban had a very rough game unfortunately, and then in the second half Pop went full mad scientist mode, moved Kyle to the 3, put Butler at the 4, had Ray, Bonner... just a lot of different guys that made it hard to see them in real context in terms of real rotations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have wondered at the big rotation and how close Timmy is to getting back.

Before Manu was out, I thought Pop would want Boris at the 4 to start for the experience, and leave Kyle in the bench with Manu and the rest. We actually saw some of that, but Kyle did well at the 4 with start or bench lineups, so it really didn't matter, and I think Simmons will be the same, subbed at his natural spot as a SG, he will do well with either start or bench lineups.

However, Manu being out complicates matters, because I am guessing Pop will not want to have too many youngsters/rookies playing together in the bench without some vet leadership and I could not make sense of what he wanted to see very well because Boban had a very rough game unfortunately, and then in the second half Pop went full mad scientist mode, moved Kyle to the 3, put Butler at the 4, had Ray, Bonner... just a lot of different guys that made it hard to see them in real context in terms of real rotations.
    Agreed, but I want to address your characterization of Simmons as a natural SG. He is clearly being groomed as a combo guard very much in the mold of Manu. There are times when they give him the ball near mid court and set him up to drive and either score or dish just like the Manu sets. Tonight he made one very nice drive and dished to Patty for the open corner trey. More and more he brings the ball up court like a PG. The guy will be a very good combo guard for the Spurs TNG.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Is he going to be better than Evan Turner?

Thread Information