Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not sure what 'do it internally' means. There's several ISPs in SF, of course the ping is low

Here's Time Warner server in LA:

I think I 'd at your upload speed the last time, but I'll do it again.. I have 55/5 and the download is plenty, but streaming my movies on Plex off of my server PC is really showing the upload speed limitations when playing blu-ray quality files

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    I think I 'd at your upload speed the last time, but I'll do it again.. I have 55/5 and the download is plenty, but streaming my movies on Plex off of my server PC is really showing the upload speed limitations when playing blu-ray quality files
    It's funny because I was running my desktop rig off wifi at first and was getting 100/100 and I was THRILLED....it wasn't until I saw my phones and work laptop getting 200/200 on wifi I was like hold on a minute

When I just used an ethernet cable I realized it was closer to 500/500 connection. Webpass is the , its hardwired into my building.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Getting the old Ubee Docsis 3.0 modem in bridge mode to use my own router was a nightmare tbh, and when i got my Motorola Surfboard they made it a to even use it.
    is the clown running fibre or cable?
    if cable...why u still on docsis 3.0? shouldnt u or provider upgrading docsis 3.1 exceeding the limitations of 3.0

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's funny because I was running my desktop rig off wifi at first and was getting 100/100 and I was THRILLED....it wasn't until I saw my phones and work laptop getting 200/200 on wifi I was like hold on a minute

When I just used an ethernet cable I realized it was closer to 500/500 connection. Webpass is the , its hardwired into my building.
    fibre to the house vs fibre to the node is a huge difference in speed man

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I bypass my Ethernet cable with my Beats audio wires and usually can expect the best sounding internet possible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Not sure what 'do it internally' means. There's several ISPs in SF, of course the ping is low

Here's Time Warner server in LA:

I mean internal to the network and location. It's always going to look better if your hops to the server are lower and closers to your area/node that's all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    I mean internal to the network and location. It's always going to look better if your hops to the server are lower and closers to your area/node that's all.
    Well no it's not always, and ping does matter as much for these kind of bandwidth tbh. Hence why the speeds I got were no different/better 350 miles away. Picking a decent server in Texas yielded similar results.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Just ran a speed test at work! WOW!

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What kind of bandwidth you guys get? Doesn't having such huge speed eat up all the bandwidth?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    What kind of bandwidth you guys get? Doesn't having such huge speed eat up all the bandwidth?
    You mean cap? I don't have one, would be a waste like you said if not the case.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    a cap, I'd rather live in the stone age than give my cash to a company that caps.. Some of the games I install are 50 GB's, that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    a cap, I'd rather live in the stone age than give my cash to a company that caps.. Some of the games I install are 50 GB's, that.
    Just a couple of years ago I had an 80GB cap

It was eventually increased to 300GB before I moved, but in these modern times where companies expect you to download/stream everything, it's laughable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just a couple of years ago I had an 80GB cap

It was eventually increased to 300GB before I moved, but in these modern times where companies expect you to download/stream everything, it's laughable.
    if those isp have their own streaming sites, then it should be cap free as long u stream from their sites...

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cap is something Fios would be using and imposing on their customers. lol

The speeds some of you are getting makes my head spin. I want at least half of that.

With how much I constantly download I really need it.

I usually download entire series in one go. For example I downloaded The Leftovers season 1 and 2 the other day. Was about 20GBs, not a lot but it took me almost 3 hours to download it and it had a lot of seeds and leechers to boot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    1tb for gigapower as a cap, $10 for each additional tb which isn't to bad

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Well no it's not always, and ping does matter as much for these kind of bandwidth tbh. Hence why the speeds I got were no different/better 350 miles away. Picking a decent server in Texas yielded similar results.
    If you got comparable speeds all the way from cali to texas I will bow down and declare your isp as the greatest ever and never doubt it again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    If you got comparable speeds all the way from cali to texas I will bow down and declare your isp as the greatest ever and never doubt it again.
    Dallas and Austin...not too bad was slightly higher earlier today. But you get the picture.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    To be fair 50 was the highest in Texas about a year ago. New York area should be upgraded by summer 2017.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    fck the caps...as long u have a friend who works inside the provider, get him to reset ur cap

anyway...ur speeds are faster if you live next to the dslam

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    To be fair 50 was the highest in Texas about a year ago. New York area should be upgraded by summer 2017.
    When they do it'll cost and arm and a leg.

My internet provider who's also my cable provider has a plan above the one I'm currently on, but it's too much. 100 down 50 up for 110 dollars. Never going to go for it.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

i pay $67/mo through grande, no cap.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Dallas and Austin...not too bad was slightly higher earlier today. But you get the picture.

Your sir have a great ing network and I am indeed jealous.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol on adsl2 24mb connection $117 a month 1tb cap

wont be getting cable/fibre till end of the year or dec 2017 till my suburb gets the rollout down here...i dunno how they going to connect from the street to my house when i concrete the front and back yard, every cable is connected underneath the house, dont even have a power pole on the street

previous landlord vendor had cable tv with a satellite on the roof, i read u can now get cable internet from cabletv providers running running the same equipment, gotto check that up...might upgrade then wait for the rollout for 110mb connection ....

how fast can cable docsis3.1 achieved?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins

finally dropped att where i was only getting 6 mb down

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

finally dropped att where i was only getting 6 mb down
    Welcome to Spectrum