Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green wont be traded. He signed lowball offer to remain with team. Spurs organisation is too loyal to dump player after such sacrifice.
    Agree. People who is saying we need to trade Green, Parker, West, whoever...they don't know what's the Spurs way. They won't trade West in his first year, won't trade Danny after re-signed him this season, and won't trade Parker because he's part of the Big3 and he'll retire as Spur at any cost.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs seldom move important players mid-season, Pop believes in corporate knowledge. It usually takes more then a season for a player to produce for the Spurs. Only very high bball IQ players get to produce during the first season.
    This. Spurs believe that they can win with this team and I doubt they would sacrifice the chemistry for a player who may or may not contribute. I can see a Joe Johnson signing if he gets bought out. The situation will be similar to signing Tmac where he will play garbage mins and Pop will assess him if he can contribute in the second unit.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only major contributors that ever made an impact on the Spurs midseason were Diaw (extremely high BB IQ) and SJAX, who played in the Spurs System for over 2 years.

The only other player that ever made a dent was the Big Dog Glenn Robinson in that one game against Denver when the Spurs came back from a Double digit deficit and he had like 15 points in like 10-11 minutes in that 3rd/ early 4th quarter.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The only major contributors that ever made an impact on the Spurs midseason were Diaw (extremely high BB IQ) and SJAX, who played in the Spurs System for over 2 years.

The only other player that ever made a dent was the Big Dog Glenn Robinson in that one game against Denver when the Spurs came back from a Double digit deficit and he had like 15 points in like 10-11 minutes in that 3rd/ early 4th quarter.
    nazr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him. He played with the Austin Spurs last season on assignment when he was still with ATL. He's nothing spectacular but he has size and length to block shots, is more mobile than Boban on PnR defense and can shoot from the outside. The article mentions that the interest is for the summer, not for this season. So I guess we will see what happens with Timmy's retirement and with Boban and West.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bigger PG than Ray? He is 6'3. And he is fast. He can jump. He can shot. He is learning the Spurs system. What the do you mean a bigger point guard?
    6'5" minimum

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him. He played with the Austin Spurs last season on assignment when he was still with ATL. He's nothing spectacular but he has size and length to block shots, is more mobile than Boban on PnR defense and can shoot from the outside. The article mentions that the interest is for the summer, not for this season. So I guess we will see what happens with Timmy's retirement and with Boban and West.
    If Minesota needs a PG like McCallum, then it is a trade!

Alternatively, I'll take Tayshun Prince for McCallum. Prince may be able to cover Livingston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Minesota needs a PG like McCallum, then it is a trade!

Alternatively, I'll take Tayshun Prince for McCallum. Prince may be able to cover Livingston.
    Prince is another of those guys I wanted for the Spurs virtually his entire career, but I am afraid at his age he would have trouble guarding Livingston. I was pretty high on Payne coming out of college, but it seems like he really hasn't lived up to expectations. I admit, however, that I have really lost track of the guy. Possibly a Spurs reclamation project?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Kyle Anderson??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green wont be traded. He signed lowball offer to remain with team. Spurs organisation is too loyal to dump player after such sacrifice.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP5HA2V6pIw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in for later

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    While the "name value' may make that trade exciting for some, that is a pretty awful trade.
    i disagree. we need a rim protector and:
    -whiteside was 2nd in blocks last year in only 48 games while only playing 24 minutes (!)
    -this year he leads the league, averaging around 1.5 more blocks than AD

as you alluded to, those numbers aren't everything. i posit that he's still learning. the dude has only played around 100 games. if anyone can make him into an absolute terror, it'd be pop.

oh, and:
    Over the first two months of the season, Miami’s defense allowed over eight more points per 100 possessions with Whiteside on the court. That trend did a 180-degree turn in January, with the Heat allowing just 96.8 points per 100 possessions with Whiteside on the floor, and 102.7 points per 100 possessions with Whiteside off the court. That figure with Whiteside on the floor would have led the NBA in January.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...ssan-whiteside

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't seen this article posted yet, but it's a good read. Lots of good tidbits here, which I've highlighted by putting in bold.

That should be required reading. The problem is, there would have to be required understanding. The pieces the Spurs would trade won't bring enough to make any meaningful difference. And it's pretty sad when the best thing the guy can come up with in the potential-buyout market is a 34 year-old, volume-shooting Joe Johnson.

At this point, I believe the Spurs could beat any team in the league in a 7 game series - except GS. And the very thought of having Matt "The Mattador" Bonner on the floor against the Dubs makes my head spin. As far as I'm concerned, he's a useless appendage. I'm not sure why anyone would take the salary off the Spurs plate, but I would much rather see them with a D-League call-up on the end of the bench. This season is supposed to be all-in for #6. If the Spurs find themselves "needing" Bonner, that dream is officially dead anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any trades go down in the NBA yet?

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any trades go down in the NBA yet?
    Nah, but smoke is starting to rise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious to see if Doc will pull the trigger on letting Blake go. Doesn't look like he has even been at the last few games. I was looking for him on the bench yesterday during the Clips game.
    http://twitter.com/michaeljb1/status...950592/photo/1
    at the hammer on hoodie
    PS: Not affiliate or follow TMZ, just found that as a google search. TMZ is thread and batmanu's land.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we should try to get MCW (Monroe could punish gsw in the paint, but that would be impossible)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Norris Cole was 1 assist short of dropping a double-double last night, tbh... not really a feat when you're guarded by porky, but perhaps a better fit than Mills for the pick & roll game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious to see if Doc will pull the trigger on letting Blake go. Doesn't look like he has even been at the last few games. I was looking for him on the bench yesterday during the Clips game.
    http://twitter.com/michaeljb1/status...950592/photo/1
    at the hammer on hoodie
    PS: Not affiliate or follow TMZ, just found that as a google search. TMZ is thread and batmanu's land.
    it does look awful TBH..i wouldn't be surprised if he is out until April or something..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elliott Williams is about to come off a 10-Day with Memphis. Dahntay Jones is waiting in the wings. Loads of talent out there, just waiting for the right opportunity.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish we could trade Ray for Lance Thomas.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    oh, another player i still want is john henson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Carter-Williams is supposedly on the block. Wonder if we could shed McCallum and Butler/Bonner for him. Need a better back up point guard and at his size, might be of some use defensively.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love to have him back. Underrated during his time here.
    Not for the friggen MLE. At least it's only two years after this, but $6.1 million for someone who can't play defense (is useful offensively against bench units) is ridiculous.

Not to mention he can't be had for just Bonner/Butler/McCallum cap-wise, so it would mean trading a rotation player. No thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Carter-Williams is supposedly on the block. Wonder if we could shed McCallum and Butler/Bonner for him. Need a better back up point guard and at his size, might be of some use defensively.
    That would be a pretty nice trade if it went down, but you know the Spurs won't do anything....

Thread Information