Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MCW vid got me thinking. Patty, stash prospect, and first get a deal done for MCW? I know it's unrealistic but just tickle my fancy a little. He's the big guard we need against the warriors. Wonder what chip could do with him in a season. Could play both guard spots. Just interesting is all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MCW / Danny / Kawhi / Kyle / Aldridge would give problems to the warriors

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    MCW / Danny / Kawhi / Kyle / Aldridge would give problems to the warriors
    lmao

Who is kyle?

I thought you all said Duncan was the missing piece and reason for the 30 point loss??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MCW would kill kawhi and Aldridge offense. He cant ing shoot.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    MCW vid got me thinking. Patty, stash prospect, and first get a deal done for MCW? I know it's unrealistic but just tickle my fancy a little. He's the big guard we need against the warriors. Wonder what chip could do with him in a season. Could play both guard spots. Just interesting is all.
    Trading Patty for another non-shooter is going to be an issue besides the Bucks have Bayless who's a bigger version of Patty. If they have any interest in any of the Spurs bench players then it's Kyle b/c he's lanky & Kidd probably is intrigued by the possibility of playing him as a point-forward. MCW is basically a hybrid of Kyle/Simmons.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    MCW would kill kawhi and Aldridge offense. He cant ing shoot.
    MCW would be playing the Fathead/Simmons/CoJo role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, MCW is intriguing but we need at least one of our young wings to break out as outside threat before thinking about trading for him & inserting him into our rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That tweet implies that the Clippers had some conversation beyond just hanging up the phone. If it had said that the Nuggets had talked to the Clippers there could be nothing there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers would have to be idiots.

If I'm LA, Id offer DJ and Wes Johnson for Jokic & Gallo though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt the Spurs do anything.....Maybe pick up someone off waivers but that's about it.....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauvergne is a good young player, though. I don't entirely get why they'd want to trade him, since they have minutes at PF, but he'd be pretty nice.
    Because he has no special skills. He is a blue collar guy who is ok at everything but doesn't have a special strength. Better trade him before everybody notices he has a low upside...

I like him though because he isn't a liability, you can go to war with him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he has no special skills. He is a blue collar guy who is ok at everything but doesn't have a special strength. Better trade him before everybody notices he has a low upside...

I like him though because he isn't a liability, you can go to war with him.
    Thought he was decent the bit I saw for team France last summer. Would we get anything better with a late first in this draft (projected to be weak)? Plus Spurs need to start bringing in players from the pipeline next summer, LJC, Bertans, Multinov

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Patty for another non-shooter is going to be an issue besides the Bucks have Bayless who's a bigger version of Patty. If they have any interest in any of the Spurs bench players then it's Kyle b/c he's lanky & Kidd probably is intrigued by the possibility of playing him as a point-forward. MCW is basically a hybrid of Kyle/Simmons.
    Seriously if I am the bucks I beg Rc to do it. In a rebuilding team they would play Kyle like he was meant to and let them go back to their defensive roots of causing deflections last season, plus using forwards as PG (Kidd tried that with antetoukoumpo) and Kyle is the same age/development stage as their other youngsters. If I am Kidd what is another trade in the big scheme??? Kyle could help that team.

For our team, I don't think Pop swings that trade though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought he was decent the bit I saw for team France last summer. Would we get anything better with a late first in this draft (projected to be weak)? Plus Spurs need to start bringing in players from the pipeline next summer, LJC, Bertans, Multinov
    Yes, we could get somebody in the late first round who is more likely to help us than Laugergne, with his low ceiling, or any of those guys in the "pipeline". None of those guys is likely to be with the Spurs next season. LJC is not likely to ever become skilled enough to play in the NBA. Bertans' knees may not be as good as Tim's, so he is unlikely to ever make it. Milutinov is a physically underdeveloped backup in Greece and will certainly not be coming over next season. The player we have in the pipeline who has the best chance to make it to San Antonio is probably Cady Lalanne. He was raw in Summer League last summer, but he is becoming a good stretch-4 for the Austin Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In your earlier post, I thought you were in favor of a trade for MCW because he could post-up...?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    In your earlier post, I thought you were in favor of a trade for MCW because he could post-up...?
    Yeah but how are you going to get spacing for post-ups when Simmons/Kyle are spreading the floor?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but how are you going to get spacing for post-ups when Simmons/Kyle are spreading the floor?
    I don't want anything to do with MCW - like I said earlier, acquiring him just means more job security for Chip Engelland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO I don't like him.. bc he has no BBIQ. I think Kyle in the bucks would be awesome though. I'd watch that team. RC I don't think trades Kyle though.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    NO I don't like him.. bc he has no BBIQ. I think Kyle in the bucks would be awesome though. I'd watch that team. RC I don't think trades Kyle though.
    MCW is Simmons w/ better handles & a postup game which is a better matchup against teams w/ athletes on the perimeter (Worriers/OKC/Cavs) than Fathead. The guy almost had a quadruple double w/ 9 steals in his NBA debut. He would be playing the Shumpert role on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not for the friggen MLE. At least it's only two years after this, but $6.1 million for someone who can't play defense (is useful offensively against bench units) is ridiculous.

Not to mention he can't be had for just Bonner/Butler/McCallum cap-wise, so it would mean trading a rotation player. No thanks.
    Spurs have the Trade exception they got from moving Splitter ($ 8 million) they would have to clear a roster spot. Bonner can't be traded without his permission, i believe Butler is in the same boat, McCullum was already traded from the Kings. They could just release Butler and take on Beli's deal, if i'm not mistaken.

Beli's had a net Rtg of +6 in his two seasons here (Offensive rating minus defensive rating=net rating) the though that his defense was more a liability than his offense was an asset is wrong. He also shot a ridiculous 40.5 % from 3. Spurs could use another shooter, they are a top 5 team in terms of 3pt % but are only 26th in attempts. In other words, they are a high percentage, low volume 3pt shooting team. Some of thatch by design but some of that's having perimeter players that are mediocre 3pt shooters (Parker, Anderson, Simmons, McCullum).

The bigger question would be were would his minutes come from. He backed up KL last year and Leonard figures to play around 36 mpg this PS. Would he be worth it for 12 or so mpg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have the Trade exception they got from moving Splitter ($ 8 million) they would have to clear a roster spot. Bonner can't be traded without his permission, i believe Butler is in the same boat, McCullum was already traded from the Kings. They could just release Butler and take on Beli's deal, if i'm not mistaken.
    No. It was renounced. Spurs can only sign minimum players if they open a roster spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Beli's had a net Rtg of +6 in his two seasons here (Offensive rating minus defensive rating=net rating) the though that his defense was more a liability than his offense was an asset is wrong. He also shot a ridiculous 40.5 % from 3. Spurs could use another shooter, they are a top 5 team in terms of 3pt % but are only 26th in attempts. In other words, they are a high percentage, low volume 3pt shooting team. Some of thatch by design but some of that's having perimeter players that are mediocre 3pt shooters (Parker, Anderson, Simmons, McCullum).

The bigger question would be were would his minutes come from. He backed up KL last year and Leonard figures to play around 36 mpg this PS. Would he be worth it for 12 or so mpg.
    I think the Splitter trade exception went away when the team went under the cap to sign Lamarcus. Even if they have a trade exception, I'd want to use it on someone a of a lot better than Marco.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I think the Splitter trade exception went away when the team went under the cap to sign Lamarcus. Even if they have a trade exception, I'd want to use it on someone a of a lot better than Marco.
    When the team was dealing with injuries (Danny/Manu/Kawhi/Tony) back in 2013-14 PATFO tried to acquire Evan Turner from the Sixers b/c he used to play well against the Heat, this year it's going to be Michael Carter-Williams b/c of how he performed against the Worriers.

Marco is unplayable against the Worriers/OKC.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're mistaken.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not because the guy is "seasoned", he is more reliable immediately.

But if you think upside, long-term... You take another direction imo

Thread Information