Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I used to get the all you can eat chicken fried steak. And their breakfast was pretty iirc. Don't see them at all anymore.

In college, my buddy would get the all you can eat chicken and wrap a bunch in napkins and stuff them in his backpack to take home to his wife.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The food sucked and they went away

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nah. I mean..it didn't taste like real chicken fried steak but the gravy, roll, an mashed potatoes were good. A pm'd their breakfast was really good.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There's a Grandy's in El Paso about a mile from my dad's house. Can't beat their breakfasts. My kids will eat there every day when they are visiting Gramps

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Their chicken nuggets are tha bomb

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They were fine except for the dirtiness, bad service, bad atmosphere and terrible food. Not sure why they've struggled.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They were fine except for the dirtiness, bad service, bad atmosphere and terrible food. Not sure why they've struggled.
    Maybe you hit the nail on the head. The ones I went to were nothing like that. Inconsistency maybe.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    this.. I have a faint memory of Grandys as a kid, and it was of a dirty hole that never had any customers that was closed to become the first CiCi's Pizza in town

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maybe you hit the nail on the head. The ones I went to were nothing like that. Inconsistency maybe.
    To be fair, I think I've only had one Grandy's experience in the last 10 years, and it was in the tiest part of Garland, Texas.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah but you couldn't beat the stench of cigarette smoke while you ate that filmed over gravy on those lumpy, cold mashed potatoes. mmm

And that biscuit sitting in dishwater on that white porcelain plate with stains from 5 meals ago still growing on the rim. Wash that down with that fountain drink with about 25% the syrup it should have, like an Alka Seltzer with a small coke chaser.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    There's one a couple miles from me in Denton

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah but you couldn't beat the stench of cigarette smoke while you ate that filmed over gravy on those lumpy, cold mashed potatoes. mmm

And that biscuit sitting in dishwater on that white porcelain plate with stains from 5 meals ago still growing on the rim. Wash that down with that fountain drink with about 25% the syrup it should have, like an Alka Seltzer with a small coke chaser.
    Where the are y'all eating at??? That doesn't sound anything like the Grandys I went to. No smoking, no plates. You're thinking of your own granny or something.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    while we're on the subject of ghetto restaraunts.. What about ing Fred's Fish? You know you've arrived in the hood when you see one of them.. Seriously nothing better than ordering overpriced square fish filets from an eyebrowless girl standing behind burglar bars.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Where the are y'all eating at??? That doesn't sound anything like the Grandys I went to. No smoking, no plates. You're thinking of your own granny or something.
    Yea really That Grandy's in EP is the only one I've ever been to and it's a tidy little place. Kind of like Cracker Barrel Lite.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Yea really That Grandy's in EP is the only one I've ever been to and it's a tidy little place. Kind of like Cracker Barrel Lite.
    you've got the go to punishment built right in.

"If you kids don't behave, i'll send you to el paso."

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

LMAO!!!

All you can eat chicken fried steak? I'd give my eye teeth for such a set up. I'm limited to the Tuesday special at KFC when they sell a chicken fried steak and they're proud when you order it. It's pure garbage and yet every ing Tuesday I roll in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    LMAO!!!

All you can eat chicken fried steak? I'd give my eye teeth for such a set up. I'm limited to the Tuesday special at KFC when they sell a chicken fried steak and they're proud when you order it. It's pure garbage and yet every ing Tuesday I roll in.
    yep. you could pick all you can eat cfs or fried chicken. this included all you can eat rolls, mashed potatoes, vegetables. all though I doubt anyone going for all you can eat chicken fried steak was going back for more green beans.
    I'm still not sure why they made you pick either chicken or the steak.

Later on, they got rid of that. And they went with all you can eat livers and gizzards. for real.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    while we're on the subject of ghetto restaraunts.. What about ing Fred's Fish? You know you've arrived in the hood when you see one of them.. Seriously nothing better than ordering overpriced square fish filets from an eyebrowless girl standing behind burglar bars.
    Not to mention they have to go to the ocean to catch the fish before they can actually begin cooking your order.

Thread Information