My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From website l'equipe in French: http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/Actuali...-les-jo/630615

During his radio show for RMC the "TP Show", Parker announced his wife is pregnant and this great news can complicate his participation to the Olympics.

Quote in French:

«Avant de commencer l’émission, j’ai une nouvelle à annoncer. Ma femme est enceinte et mon premier garçon Josh va avoir un pe frère, a déclaré le meneur des Bleus. Ça va être compliqué. C’est prévu pour fin juillet. Il va falloir voir pour l’équipe de France. Je ne sais pas encore quelle décision je vais prendre. C’est une grosse nouvelle. Il va falloir que je parle avec l’équipe de France. Négocier avec ma femme aussi. Ça ne va pas être facile comme timing. C’est un calendrier très compliqué.»

Quick Translation:

"Before starting the show, I have a news. My wife is pregnant and my first boy Josh is gonna have a little brother. It is going to be complicated. He should arrive end of July. Situation for FNT needs to be reviewed. I don't know yet what decision I will take. It is a big news. I must talk with FNT and negotiate with my wife. Timing is not gonna be easy. It's a complicated calendar"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol already choking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ already one lining on a Parker thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's ESPN's version (all in English):

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...wife-pregnancy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks mate

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I'm sure Parker will work it out to attend both events.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is gonna do whatever he can to be with FNT in Rio tbh

Let's hope his wife is wearing the pants and prevents him to do so. I'd love to see Parker a last time in the Olympics but dude has done enough, he needs to take care of himself if he wants to continue to play at high level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is gonna do whatever he can to be with FNT in Rio tbh

Let's hope his wife is wearing the pants and prevents him to do so. I'd love to see Parker a last time in the Olympics but dude has done enough, he needs to take care of himself if he wants to continue to play at high level.
    I'd love to see him one last time with his NT, especially if Manu's there as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the indecision, you can have a kid anytime you want, Olympics are only every 4 years and he's halfway done anyways, tbh...

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Napoleon wouldn't let this happen tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see him one last time with his NT, especially if Manu's there as well
    tbh if we have last Euro Parker better for him to rest

I want Parker to play 5 or 6 more years with the Spurs... just to piss some ST members off... I'd take Rio without Parker for 5-6 more years of Parker with the Spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't mention Zika virus, but it's going to become a huge issue if it doesn't get under control over the next few months. Any athlete families expecting a kid / with young children are probably staying home. For a team sport, that might mean guys staying home too. Individuals will still show up at the Olympics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't mention Zika virus, but it's going to become a huge issue if it doesn't get under control over the next few months. Any athlete families expecting a kid / with young children are probably staying home. For a team sport, that might mean guys staying home too. Individuals will still show up at the Olympics.
    zika virus.... it was like we will all die in brazil because of dengue now zika tbh...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    zika virus.... it was like we will all die in brazil because of dengue now zika tbh...
    Most people are fine - this is nothing like Ebola that kills an outsized % of people who contract it, and who can contract it from other humans.

That said, why risk it if you're pregnant or planning on being pregnant?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people are fine - this is nothing like Ebola that kills an outsized % of people who contract it, and who can contract it from other humans.

That said, why risk it if you're pregnant or planning on being pregnant?
    probably because TP is not pregnant and would not bring his wife to Rio anyway...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the indecision, you can have a kid anytime you want, Olympics are only every 4 years and he's halfway done anyways, tbh...
    thanks for the blue font... I thought you were serious for a minute

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I thought he got cut from the NT after his pitiful performance over the summer where he was badly outplayed by De Colo?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably because TP is not pregnant and would not bring his wife to Rio anyway...
    Hey, if you ask half the people around here they'd make a joke about weight = pregnant.

And I'm sure if she were extremely pregnant she wouldn't be traveling with or without Zika. But once the kid is born, I don't see him ditching her at home.

Also, they still need to qualify.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he'll be busy with the baby, but all he has to do is make a 26% commitment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony confirmed he will part of FNT for qualifying in Manille and should also play for France during the olympics if France qualifies. He said he discussed with FNT and his wife during the week and announced it yesterday

fwiw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe I heard a doctor saying that they have found the virus in saliva, urine, and semen. And he said it's a possibility that the virus could be spread through kissing. It's already been transmitted sexually. And also possibly spread through golden showers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony confirmed he will part of FNT for qualifying in Manille and should also play for France during the olympics if France qualifies. He said he discussed with FNT and his wife during the week and announced it yesterday

fwiw
    Manila.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Did anyone doubt he would play?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count