Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes even more dominamt than Shaq. Hes averaging close to 30 taking way less shots than most players who averaged 30..insane

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes even more dominamt than Shaq. Hes averaging close to 30 taking way less shots than most players who averaged 30..insane
    Well, pre-2003 Shaq was prime Shaq, then injuries really took their toll. After his first three years, he only made it past 70 games / 70 game pace about 1/3 of the time.

Pre-2003 Shaq though was an elite rebounder, solid rim presence and good passer. That said, Curry is surpassing his scoring output/efficiency by leaps and bounds. He was putting up 1.46 PPS but only 58.4% TS% because of his FT shooting. Curry is 10% above that (even Kawhi is above 60%).

Imagine if Shaq had ever learned to shoot FT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you pony express, err I mean telegraph, err I mean fax, err I mean skype with your sources for this info?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who is the best player you've seen since 2003 TD?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U guys really put a lot of stock in shooters that don't play defense. I wonder what you kids would have been saying in the 80s if were were around when Bernard king played. Who led the league in scoring without shooting 3's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, ridiculous. 18 months of work not enough sample. How am his first years when he was garbage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, what he's doing right now is right up there with other all-time great peaks ('00 Shaq, '13 LeBron, '91 MJ, etc.). Of course, he still needs to keep up a very high level of play in the playoffs and lead GS to a le to put himself in the same category of those guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who is the best player you've seen since 2003 TD?
    Lebron 2011-2012

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan is a great player but nobody talks about him in the same way Spurs fans think, no offense

Hes highly ranked because of his team play and leadership, nobody talks about any of his seasons like they do for Steph, Jordan, Kobe and others

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan is a great player but nobody talks about him in the same way Spurs fans think, no offense

Hes highly ranked because of his team play and leadership, nobody talks about any of his seasons like they do for Steph, Jordan, Kobe and others
    Who the cares? OBVIOUSLY it's because they think he's boring. Those are people who don't know anyways.

(I know you said no offense. I'm not attacking you.)

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's mainly because per-game scoring is highly correlated with popularity while defense isn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Larry Johnson was talked about greatly in the early 90s. Moreso than his teammate, Alonzo Mourning, who was a far superior player on defense and offense. When Larry Johnson put on that dress for converse, his popularity soared. But he wasn't better than Mourning. Being talked about dos not make you better than a player not being talked about . Cmon man, that's high school teenage girl to determine who's better by popularity.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised apalisoc_9 didn't ride Curry harder, sooner, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seriously - No offense taken because that is one of the dumbest, most ignorant things ever written in this forum. In fact, I'm not even mad. I'm impressed. Have you read some of the stuff people write in here? For you to say that Tim Duncan (who is universally regarded as the GREATEST PF TO EVER PLAY THE GAME) is not talked about in the same vein for any of his seasons like Steph, Jordan, Kobe or others - is comical. I'm laughing. I'm laughing right now.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

Seriously - No offense taken because that is one of the dumbest, most ignorant things ever written in this forum. In fact, I'm not even mad. I'm impressed. Have you read some of the stuff people write in here? For you to say that Tim Duncan (who is universally regarded as the GREATEST PF TO EVER PLAY THE GAME) is not talked about in the same vein for any of his seasons like Steph, Jordan, Kobe or others - is comical. I'm laughing. I'm laughing right now.
    Tim Duncan is a great player and I agree hes the best PF ever, but you never hear other players or coaches or media put him in the same breath as Jordan, Kobe, Steph, Lebron, Magic and others

You never hear anybody say "this guy is having the best season since Duncan" or "this guy is the next Duncan"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan is a great player and I agree hes the best PF ever, but you never hear other players or coaches or media put him in the same breath as Jordan, Kobe, Steph, Lebron, Magic and others

You never hear anybody say "this guy is having the best season since Duncan" or "this guy is the next Duncan"
    I'm pretty sure they say that for every promising young big phail

Kawhi U Gotta Be Lyk Dat Spurs_Be_Beastin''s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because they're all bandwagon riders like you bro.
    TD is one of the GOATS. Keep your media riding, Tim will keep his 5 rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about 2012 Lebron?

Edit, I see you did mention him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You know why? Because Duncan is talked about in terms of 'generational' players. As in, 'once in a generation', a player like Tim Duncan comes along. Before he even played one professional game, Rick Pitino of the Boston Celtics called Pop and said 'We'll give you who ever you want on our roster' for Tim. As for the "this guy is the next Duncan" statement, tell me who has said "this guy is the next Hakeem" or "this guy is the next Shaq". They don't because those were extremely rare, one of a kind type of players.

Once Tim started to play, he went on to win 2 MVP's, 5 Rings, 3 Finals MVP's. He's almost 40 years old and is still an extremely important piece of the Spurs' 6th le run. C'mon man, you've got to come stronger with your arguments.

Shooting guards come and go. Steph is having an amazing season, no doubt, but he needs to string along about a decade of All-Star caliber play before being mentioned with the greats. In fact, lets see him carry a team to the finals before calling him one of the best ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This gu just put curry in the same sentence as mj,timmy. Lol

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

People rarely talk about Kareem despite him having 6 MVPs & 6 rings, big men bias runs deep in the NBA.

Thread Information