My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    hyperextended knee

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Granted he hasn't played all year I was hoping he could get into some groove. He's always been a good regular season player for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emergency meeting ASAP at

Crumpets
    3920 Harry Wurzbach Rd,
    San Antonio, TX 78209

http://www.crumpetsa.com/

ElNono tell ChumpDumper of course he has the night off from baking.
    I will be there 1st with tranquilizers embedded in the crumpets with chamomile tea.

We can work thru this devastation together.
    Lets hold Greggors hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TankForSimmons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNoNo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can laugh about this all we want, but I think there's an outside chance that he gets released if this is serious enough. The Spurs don't have the room to carry him if he's injured, especially since Manu and Tim are also out. I think they're one injury away from having to look for bodies, and injured Bonner is by far the most expendable.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can laugh about this all we want, but I think there's an outside chance that he gets released if this is serious enough. The Spurs don't have the room to carry him if he's injured, especially since Manu and Tim are also out. I think they're one injury away from having to look for bodies, and injured Bonner is by far the most expendable.
    Agree

I think Pop feels we have enough firepower to overcome the Thunder without Bonner pulling Dirkbaka out to the 3 point line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Greggor would let him go over this injury?!

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably just a light to moderate ankle sprain tbh by the way he was moving. He did leave on his own power, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fully agree tbh. I hope it isn't anything serious, but on the plus side it would make them active on the buyout market or even the trade market. I would like to see the Spurs pick up a solid wing that can hit the three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His calf was already strained from Zoomba class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emergency meeting ASAP at

Crumpets
    3920 Harry Wurzbach Rd,
    San Antonio, TX 78209

http://www.crumpetsa.com/

ElNono tell ChumpDumper of course he has the night off from baking.
    I will be there 1st with tranquilizers embedded in the crumpets with chamomile tea.

We can work thru this devastation together.
    Lets hold Greggors hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Greggor would let him go over this injury?!

He'll hand him a clipboard and call up ****** Williams or John Lucas III

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dreaming Chinook. Bonner's Pop illegitimate son. Not gonna happen. I wish tho'.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only good thing about these injuries is that they are happening to the older players. So the remaining guys are guys you'd be fine playing major minutes anyway. With Butler and Anderson playing the four well, maybe Pop holds off on any moves right now. But I do think that if one more Spur gets injured, it'll be cutting time -- especially if it's a PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only good thing about these injuries is that they are happening to the older players. So the remaining guys are guys you'd be fine playing major minutes anyway. With Butler and Anderson playing the four well, maybe Pop holds off on any moves right now. But I do think that if one more Spur gets injured, it'll be cutting time -- especially if it's a PG.
    I agree with you.
    Bonner doesn't impact us bc he really wasn't playing. As you said in the depth lineup at the 4 it was Anderson, then Butler, and Butler wasn't even getting many minutes over Anderson bc Anderson is young and can play a healthy dose of minutes, + he had been decent at the 4.

But an injury to one guy in the rotation will do it. (I don't think even an Anderson or Simmons injury will make RC pull the trigger bc even they are getting inconsistent minutes and you could use Ray instead of Simmons or Butler instead of Anderson). But anyone else, anyone with a more significant role and we will need a body.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dreaming Chinook. Bonner's Pop illegitimate son. Not gonna happen. I wish tho'.
    His money is guaranteed for the rest of year. If the injury will result in an extended absence, waiving him is quite likely. They can sign him again in July.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    His money is guaranteed for the rest of year. If the injury will result in an extended absence, waiving him is quite likely. They can sign him again in July.
    We go through this at least once a year. It's Chinook's wet dream that Bonner be released or traded but that's not happening. The Spurs had 4 years to amnesty the son of a and chose to keep the rotting corpse on the roster. Whether or not the Spurs can waive him is moot. He's not going anywhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or just later in the year after running through some 10-days. I'm not sure how that counts against the cap. In the NFL, the cap hit from guaranteed salary is recovered after re-signing a player. If that's the case here, then the Spurs could waive and re-sign Matt multiple times without adding to their salary. But if they are just different, fully guaranteed deals, then it would add to their tax, which would make the shuttling a bit less desirable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We go through this at least once a year. It's Chinook's wet dream that Bonner be released or traded but that's not happening. The Spurs had 4 years to amnesty the son of a and chose to keep the rotting corpse on the roster. Whether or not the Spurs can waive him is moot. He's not going anywhere.
    Where did this reputation come from?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did this reputation come from?
    He's always been easily confused.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually from my vague recollection Chinook has been in Bonner's camp a whole lot.

I was on his case when he was playing a lot of rotation minutes last season while shooting 36.5% from 3, and I didn't want the Spurs to resign him, but considering his role and how good he is for everyone's morale, specially guys who don't play much and need to stay sharp, and get an example, I was fine with him. He's actually hitting shots this season, so my roast of him subsided... but I remember Chinook getting on my case about the roast of Bonner way back in the summer.

Thread Information