Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judging something based on its intent? If you are going to go pedant at least make sense. Teleological reasoning is not necessarily false particularly in human constructs. The Spurs program is a human construct. Pop was reared in the military where everything seems to have a place and purpose. Your epistemology is lacking.
    Fuzz, I unignored this post because I'm stuck at work for three more hours. You have a habit of thinking you're smarter than you really are and become an absolute bore to converse with. I didn't say TD21 was wrong because his view was teleological. But his opinion is uninformative because of it. Essentially, he's begging the question by saying, 'The Spurs keep everyone they want to keep. And I know that because everyone they've wanted to keep, they've kept." It's not illogical, but it is a tautology -- it doesn't extend any reasoning.

It is particularly sound reasoning when discussing a team that routinely gets players to sign for less. In fact Boban already took less money to come here. What reason should there be that he wouldn't do it again?
    He said this was a transition year. I doubt he's willing to ink a longer deal at this rate. Will get ink one less than the full MLE? Possibly. Will he re-sign with the Spurs without consulting other teams? Very possibly. But his contract this year was a special case.

LMA wants to play next to a C. West is not a C. It will be awkward for that reason. You don't even consider that very important factor.
    Of course I did. It just doesn't matter. If West is better that Boban, he'd start over him. Pop's not going to start a prospect to appease LMA. As I said, they'll probably keep LMA's designation as PF while playing smaller guys next to him like they did with Tim. And this wouldn't be permanent. The Spurs just won't have the leeway to get someone who could actually start at center next season. Cap issues and such. Or I guess it may never happen depending on team priorities. I do know that Pop isn't keen to start Boban in Tim's absence.

I personally argued with you whether or not it was possible. You kept saying it wasn't and were wrong.
    If you don't show evidence, it's just hearsay from like the least credible poster this side of Hater. There were plenty of scenarios that ended up being impossible. No reason to believe anyone, me or otherwise, rejected this exact scenario, or even one in its genus.

Thinking the cap would remain static was dumb.
    This is a prime example of how you're terrible at making coherent arguments. NO ONE thought the cap was going to remain static. We just assumed it was going to rise by less than it ended up rising. It was supposed to go up from $64.5 Million to $67 Million, and it instead went to $70 Million. The original projections come the NBA and NBPA. We didn't just make them up.

The cap in 2016-2017 is currently projected to be at $89 Million. By that projection, the Spurs will likely not have much cap space. So if you ask if the Spurs can sign Horford while keeping their, the answer will be no. But if the cap jumps to $100 Million or more, then all the sudden it's possible. But that's not our faults that the projections didn't match the reality. We were ALL operating under the same numbers. Or if Al takes a minimum deal, it also works out. But of course, no one was assuming that -- not even you. So don't go around bull ting people. Every proposed scenario was impossible, and a completely different scenario ended up being reality.
    Last edited by Chinook; 02-09-2016 at 05:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he plays smaller than he is then why is it that every big man comes at him like he's Shaq particularly guys from Europe and why do smalls obviously look intimidated on his rotations. The guys he plays against act like he's big and then there is your interpretation.
    He's playing smaller than he is meaning he doesn't impose his size and will on others. He has flashes of it but why is he riding Rasul Butler level pine? I suppose you think he's caged animal instead of just a big guy who has a decent shot and doesn't understand the fundamentals of his position after years in pro basketball.
    And he's already a known quan y 5 months in. You thinking you have it figured out is not the same thing. To me he looks like he needs more reps because he doesn't look polished on his technique. I can see him trying out new techniques like with rebounding where he is now trying to tip it out to himself as opposed to reaching in and going to get it. Rebounding rules are very different here.
    Yes. Like Tiago, he isn't new to the game of basketball. He's been playing how long? And you say he needs to play more. Will he be polished by age 35 you think?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, this is REALLY disingenuous. Splitter AND Diaw were part of the "top eight". You had asked if the Spurs could bring in LMA and add him to that group, not have him swap out and replace anyone. Then others proposed trading Splitter while paying Tim $8 Million. Both of those things would have been impossible. It was never 100 percent impossible to keep the top seven and get LMA, as Tim and Manu could have taken min deals (which would have allowed them to keep Cory, for example). The math ended up being different than the proposed scenarios. People don't have to defend 2+2=4 when it is actually 2+3.

I think LMA will be a center the same way Tim was for many years. But I also think that West will have his share of tough assignments. He plays well with the starters, and he seems like the perfect bridge player either while someone gets ready or until 2017 when they get a free agent. Right now, he adds more value to the team than Boban, whose upside is theoretical at this point. I don't see him as the starter over West unless he looks a lot better than he has this season.

This was the first year the team was under the cap since 2003. So they never had to make financial decisions like this. They will be under the cap against soon, likely in 2017, but possibly this summer. They also haven't had a situation like they do with Boban now. They don't normally sign prospects to one-year deals, as they usually have the leverage to get at least a second year out of it. And they haven't been in a situation where they'll be trying to patch up a rotation in the wake of losing two future HoFers. So just like with LMA, sacrifices are going to have to be made.
    I had asked if they could swap one of Splitter/Diaw for Aldridge and maintain the remainder of the top eight. I was told that it would be, to paraphrase, virtually impossible and that at least Mills would have to go. End of story.

Despite the similar physical tools to Duncan, Aldridge's game is better suited to playing more power forward than center and it's important to him that he does so. Even if the former weren't the case, I believe the Spurs have an understanding with him whereby they'll honor that. They also prefer to have a traditional starting lineup.

I don't see Marjanovic as the starter either. If Duncan retires after this season, I could see them shopping in the bargain bin, signing someone like Plumlee and playing center by committee, which they kind of already do given how limited Duncan's minutes are now.

I don't know why you're assuming that Duncan and Ginobili are going to retire. Either way, I'm confident Marjanovic will return, barring some team making an astronomical offer, which I doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fuzz, I unignored this post because I'm stuck at work for three more hours. You have a habit of thinking you're smarter than you really are and become an absolute bore to converse with. I didn't say TD21 was wrong because his view was teleological. But his opinion is uninformative because of it. Essentially, he's begging the question by saying, 'The Spurs keep everyone they want to keep. And I know that because everyone they've wanted to keep, they've kept." It's not illogical, but it is a tautology -- it doesn't extend any reasoning.

He said this was a transition year. I doubt he's willing to ink a longer deal at this rate. Will get ink one less than the full MLE? Possibly. Will he re-sign with the Spurs without consulting other teams? Very possibly. But his contract this year was a special case.

Of course I did. It just doesn't matter. If West is better that Boban, he'd start over him. Pop's not going to start a prospect to appease LMA. As I said, they'll probably keep LMA's designation as PF while playing smaller guys next to him like they did with Tim. And this wouldn't be permanent. The Spurs just won't have the leeway to get someone who could actually start at center next season. Cap issues and such. Or I guess it may never happen depending on team priorities. I do know that Pop isn't keen to start Boban in Tim's absence.

If you don't show evidence, it's just hearsay from like the least credible poster this side of Hater. There were plenty of scenarios that ended up being impossible. No reason to believe anyone, me or otherwise, rejected this exact scenario, or even one in its genus.

This is a prime example of how you're terrible at making coherent arguments. NO ONE thought the cap was going to remain static. We just assumed it was going to rise by less than it ended up rising. It was supposed to go up from $64.5 Million to $67 Million, and it instead went to $70 Million. The original projections come the NBA and NBPA. We didn't just make them up.

The cap in 2016-2017 is currently projected to be at $89 Million. By that projection, the Spurs will likely not have much cap space. So if you ask if the Spurs can sign Horford while keeping their, the answer will be no. But if the cap jumps to $100 Million or more, then all the sudden it's possible. But that's not our faults that the projections didn't match the reality. We were ALL operating under the same numbers. Or if Al takes a minimum deal, it also works out. But of course, no one was assuming that -- not even you. So don't go around bull ting people. Every proposed scenario was impossible, and a completely different scenario ended up being reality.
    That's funny. I think the exact same about you. I recall you trying to tell me that infinity is not a discrete value, argue that Euler's topology and modern physics didn't argue that, and that there was no way we could get enough cap space to sign LMA last year. That is an empirical basis of me saying youre full of . Compare and contrast with your blanket self assuming statements.

You not saying that he is wrong just uninformative? The end result is the same to the audience but nice dissemble. Again that is not the argument nor the cir stance in reality. You ignored that he has already taken less money to come here. And the culture of the Spurs which he clearly buys into is the context from which Boban will make his choice. You are basically disagreeing with the idea that past events are the bast predictor of future events. Temporal order matters and they are not remotely the same thing.

And your 'we.' You are all on your own here. YOU thought the cap wouldn't rise by much. I pointed out the TV deal and how that would cause a greater increase particularly how the league delayed the payout. You were wrong because you didn't consider the context in full and like being a wet blanket.

And considering I wasn't the one pointing out how you were saying it was impossible in this thread, I don't fell that I need to show anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had asked if they could swap one of Splitter/Diaw for Aldridge and maintain the remainder of the top eight. I was told that it would be, to paraphrase, virtually impossible and that at least Mills would have to go. End of story.
    FWIW, I recall this as well. We are arguing complex issues with multiple contingencies and fronting like your never wrong is just hubris.

BTW, LMA was stating that one of his concerns about where he was signed was that he wanted to play next a legit 5. He said Pop and Duncan cleared that up. Now I am not saying that there was an agreement made one way or another but there is very good reason to think that West as C would be a nonstarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. You literally did not. You ask to add him to the top eight. Again, this is in writing, so it doesn't make sense to try to change history.

Despite the similar physical tools to Duncan, Aldridge's game is better suited to playing more power forward than center and it's important to him that he does so. Even if the former weren't the case, I believe the Spurs have an understanding with him whereby they'll honor that. They also prefer to have a traditional starting lineup.
    West is a traditional PF. LMA is the size of a center. They'd still have a very traditional lineup. The Spurs are clearly fine playing him there, as they have done so for about half of his minutes. I do think they'll try to get a legit center to put next to him. But I don't think they'll have a worse first unit simply because they want to play a center. We would have seen Boban start more if that were an issue.

I don't see Marjanovic as the starter either. If Duncan retires after this season, I could see them shopping in the bargain bin, signing someone like Plumlee and playing center by committee, which they kind of already do given how limited Duncan's minutes are now.
    So if you think they'll do what they are doing now, then you are saying LMA will be the five. Because that's what he is right now. And I REALLY don't think they'll start Mile Plumlee at center before they start West. Like I don't think that at all.

I don't know why you're assuming that Duncan and Ginobili are going to retire. Either way, I'm confident Marjanovic will return, barring some team making an astronomical offer, which I doubt.
    The question has never been "Will Boban be back next year?" It's whether he should be back an all costs (not meaning salary, meaning instead of any other player). There's a good chance he comes back for a number of reasons. Duncan could stay, eliminating the need for a better center. West could retire or be content on a min deal again. The Spurs could trade Diaw or another player for a center. None of those things makes giving Boban the MLE the best use of resources. All of the issues I raised will still be there. They would only be at best masked if the Greybeards return. But if they do, the Spurs would have 2017's free agency to make an offer to a decent big, or Milutinov might be ready.

So don't characterize what I said to say that I don't see how Boban can return. But I'm not sure he should given the opportunity cost signing him could have and the likely peak trade value he has right now.
    Last edited by Chinook; 02-09-2016 at 06:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't feel like Tim is going to retire. I am about 60/40 that he goes one more, because he's valuable even if just in very limited minutes for his defense and court savvy, teaching the system. He's going to be on the bench one way or the other, either as a player or an assistant coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's playing smaller than he is meaning he doesn't impose his size and will on others. He has flashes of it but why is he riding Rasul Butler level pine? I suppose you think he's caged animal instead of just a big guy who has a decent shot and doesn't understand the fundamentals of his position after years in pro basketball.

Yes. Like Tiago, he isn't new to the game of basketball. He's been playing how long? And you say he needs to play more. Will he be polished by age 35 you think?
    Why did it take 3 years for Splitter to get regular minutes? Begging the question is not an argument and me not having an answer doesn't make your premise right. If you want me to guess it's because he missed TC with injury and is taking time to adjust to the American game. Watching him bury guys in the paint over and over again just makes me think you have no clue.

Again Splitter took time when he came over. Infact he only got spot minutes his first two year here. Baynes took over a year as well to get into the rotation. Boban has started out better than both. You don't even address my point about the different rebounding rules and the specific technique of tipping the ball as opposed to reaching into the cylinder like he had been doing. He's adjusting just like Splitter and the other guys that came over in similar cir stances.

Boban's rebounding rate is excellent at 24%. That would be 3rd in the league. His defensive rating is 92 which is again top 5. According to you guys he just gets rebounded over all the time and cannot defend. I see those instances/mistakes as opportunity for him to get even better. Youre right to think he was close just what you infer as a whole misses the forest for a tree.

Now I get with more usage against better compe ion those stats will go down but its a great starting point to build on and an objective measure to how he has done against the compe ion put in front of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also recall Chinook arguing that Duncan/Manu would not take a large paycut because that was the other variable to make the numbers work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also recall Chinook arguing that Duncan/Manu would not take a large paycut because that was the other variable to make the numbers work.
    Again, you're not credible. I argued that they could do so to allow the Spurs even more flexibility than they had. But the proposed $8 Million was too high for the Spurs to just swap out Splitter for LMA. That ended up being reality, as Duncan had to take even less to make LMA-to-SA happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban can shoot with either hand, has the footwork to turn over either shoulder, and can work out of either block. Most NBA bigmen cannot even do half of that. In fact most NBA big men have no post game at all whatsoever. It's why people were gushing about Okafur when he came out because he can do most of that.

doesn't understand fundamentals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, you're not credible. I argued that they could do so to allow the Spurs even more flexibility than they had. But the proposed $8 Million was too high for the Spurs to just swap out Splitter for LMA. That ended up being reality, as Duncan had to take even less to make LMA-to-SA happen.
    it's two against one. Both TD and I say the same thing. I like how you are trying to turn it completely into ad hominem. If you want to leave it at this that's fine.

You completely abandoned the point about temporal order and past events being the best predictor of future events. Both the subject and the predicate, Boban and the Spurs, acted in the way we are talking about in the past.

You should change your name to wet blanket, btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did it take 3 years for Splitter to get regular minutes? Begging the question is not an argument and me not having an answer doesn't make your premise right. If you want me to guess it's because he missed TC with injury and is taking time to adjust to the American game. Watching him bury guys in the paint over and over again just makes me think you have no clue.
    How's Splitter doing now?
    Again Splitter took time when he came over. Infact he only got spot minutes his first two year here. Baynes took over a year as well to get into the rotation. Boban has started out better than both. You don't even address my point about the different rebounding rules and the specific technique of tipping the ball as opposed to reaching into the cylinder like he had been doing. He's adjusting just like Splitter and the other guys that came over in similar cir stances.
    Splitter was injured during preseason in his 1st year. Still, Splitter was a known quan y and he played alongside an all time great team, and he did well, and now he's in Atlanta and he's doing... well.

Nowhere did I say Boban isn't decent. I said he's a known quan y. Can he improve? Sure. So can everyone on the team. Do you expect Rasul Butler to become Michael Jordan?
    Boban's rebounding rate is excellent at 24%. That would be 3rd in the league. His defensive rating is 92 which is again top 5. According to you guys he just gets rebounded over all the time and cannot defend. I see those instances/mistakes as opportunity for him to get even better. Youre right to think he was close just what you infer as a whole misses the forest for a tree.
    Boban gets trash minutes. Judging trash minute stats is exactly something a philopolemic asshole would do.
    Now I get with more usage against better compe ion those stats will go down but its a great starting point to build on and an objective measure to how he has done against the compe ion put in front of him.
    Now you're digging your way out of that hole you dug. You get that his stats are bull but you used them anyhow. Good ole' Fuzzy, has to be right even if it's wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's Splitter doing now?
    Splitter was injured during preseason in his 1st year. Still, Splitter was a known quan y and he played alongside an all time great team, and he did well, and now he's in Atlanta and he's doing... well.

Nowhere did I say Boban isn't decent. I said he's a known quan y. Can he improve? Sure. So can everyone on the team. Do you expect Rasul Butler to become Michael Jordan?
    Boban gets trash minutes. Judging trash minute stats is exactly something a philopolemic asshole would do.
    Now you're digging your way out of that hole you dug. You get that his stats are bull but you used them anyhow. Good ole' Fuzzy, has to be right even if it's wrong.
    Again you thinking you have him figured out is not the same as it being the case. Your hubris is showing. Splitter was hurt sure but he wasn't hurt the whole year and Pop wouldn't give him regular minutes until his third year. In fact he played/started Bonner over him to many people's chagrin. You want to argue the Spurs don't know how to develop players you go for it.

Boban was similarly hurt coming out the gate and has better players as compe ion in West, Diaw, and Aldridge yet Pop over the course of the year is finding him minutes outside of blowouts. IOW, Pop is using him more than Baynes/Splitter as this same stage despite having better options.

And the stats are not 'bull .' Similar to how baseball adjusts for park factors and similar you can do something similar here. I'm just saying he is not likely to maintain that elite All-NBA leve with more usage. That is still the stat that needs to be adjusted not thrown away as invalid.

And I'm fine with being wrong. There is a lot of uncertainty here. Your just asshurt because I think youre wrong, hubris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's two against one. Both TD and I say the same thing. I like how you are trying to turn it completely into ad hominem. If you want to leave it at this that's fine.

You completely abandoned the point about temporal order and past events being the best predictor of future events. Both the subject and the predicate, Boban and the Spurs, acted in the way we are talking about in the past.

You should change your name to wet blanket, btw.
    What to any of this?

First, when you make a claim and don't back it up, calling out your credibility is NOT an ad homenim. An ad homenim is saying that I wouldn't know the rules of the CBA because I'm not a lawyer.

Second, you just said a mess of words trying to sound smart again. Like it doesn't work, man. You've misunderstood your own argument. The Spurs may well keep getting guys to sign for less in the future (which was a point no one was arguing against even if it's more shaky than you believe it is), but they don't keep everyone they want to, or at least we don't know that for sure.

Third, Boban or the Spurs are not predicates. Like WTF? Do you just throw dart boards at a thesaurus and type whatever gets pinned?

Finally, that was THE lamest insult I've ever heard. Like you seriously seem like a guy who took high-school debate and thought he was so cool even he lost all of his matches. I'd believe you were 16, but you have too many posts for that. So it just seems like a darker truth is lurking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What to any of this?

First, when you make a claim and don't back it up, calling out your credibility is NOT an ad homenim. An ad homenim is saying that I wouldn't know the rules of the CBA because I'm not a lawyer.

Second, you just said a mess of words trying to sound smart again. Like it doesn't work, man. You've misunderstood your own argument. The Spurs may well keep getting guys to sign for less in the future (which was a point no one was arguing against even if it's more shaky than you believe it is), but they don't keep everyone they want to, or at least we don't know that for sure.

Third, Boban or the Spurs are not predicates. Like WTF? Do you just throw dart boards at a thesaurus and type whatever gets pinned?

Finally, that was THE lamest insult I've ever heard. Like you seriously seem like a guy who took high-school debate and thought he was so cool even he lost all of his matches. I'd believe you were 16, but you have too many posts for that. So it just seems like a darker truth is lurking.
    ad hominem means 'of the man.' You aren't arguing against my point but instead that it's me saying it.

short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attack on an argument made by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, rather than attacking the argument directly.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

I admit I'm pedantic. Oh well That is another ad hominem. I must have you in a real tizzy. Insecure much? I think it's doubly delicious considering your dropping teleological on TD21. I'm talking to you tautology boy.

I'm thinking of the argument when I say subject/predicate. 'The Spurs will resign Marjonovic." Is there a subject and predicate in that sentence and did they do what I claimed they did? You still cannot argue that Boban has already done it too. You dropped it again.

And it wasn't really an attempt at an insult but rather an observation. You tried to tell us that LMA was a pipedream without gutting the roster before and now your telling us we cannot/should not resign Marjonovic.

wet blanket
    Fig. a dull or depressing person who spoils other people's enjoyment.

The shoe fits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again you thinking you have him figured out is not the same as it being the case. Your hubris is showing. Splitter was hurt sure but he wasn't hurt the whole year and Pop wouldn't give him regular minutes until his third year. In fact he played/started Bonner over him to many people's chagrin. You want to argue the Spurs don't know how to develop players you go for it.

Boban was similarly hurt coming out the gate and has better players as compe ion in West, Diaw, and Aldridge yet Pop over the course of the year is finding him minutes outside of blowouts. IOW, Pop is using him more than Baynes/Splitter as this same stage despite having better options.

And the stats are not 'bull .' Similar to how baseball adjusts for park factors and similar you can do something similar here. I'm just saying he is not likely to maintain that elite All-NBA leve with more usage. That is still the stat that needs to be adjusted not thrown away as invalid.

And I'm fine with being wrong. There is a lot of uncertainty here. Your just asshurt because I think youre wrong, hubris.
    It's good you're fine with being wrong. You've had a lot of time to get accustomed to it.

Boban has had minutes in games against opponents. You somehow think his results are gold but admit his minutes are against low level players. He's a slightly better than expected oaf. Get over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You like to overthink and over analyze things and use big and obscure words, in a desperate attempt to show people how intelligent you are, but you're not nearly as knowledgeable as you think you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you misunderstood. Adding Aldridge to the top eight was never a possibility. And why you'd keep old PM's and reference them is beyond me.
    I haven't gotten enough to have to delete them. And if you want to leave it at that, that's fine. I am willing to agree that you didn't think "add to top eight" meant adding LMA to those eight players to make a new top nine if you agree that people weren't saying that signing LMA was impossible even after dumping Splitter. It's easy to chalk it up to a misunderstand. But it wasn't like people were trying to dismiss you saying the Earth is round.

In terms of size, sure. But they'd be deficient in rim protection and rebounding and neither is a roll man. They're playing West at center for about half of his minutes because that's where he fits on the current roster. That's far different than being fine playing him there full time, against starters, for increased minutes.
    LMA is playing half of his minutes at center. I imagine West is playing at least that much, but I haven't checked. I'm saying the Spurs will play LMA at the five anyway, since they are doing it now.

West is an accomplished player, who they can't find enough minutes for when healthy; Marjanovic is an NBA rookie. Of course they're going to start West over him when one of Duncan/Aldridge can't go, especially considering Marjanovic is a better fit next to Diaw anyway. That's not some peek into their intent if Duncan retires though.

Like I said, I think West is gone after this season. By playing along with you and assuming Duncan will be too, that would likely leave some bargain bin option, Marjanovic and Aldridge as center options.
    I mean, do you really think the Spurs wouldn't keep West and instead go with a min guy to start? Like what would be the difference? They may as well start Cady. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see very few quality min guys this summer, as the rising cap means more money will be available for end-of-rotation guys. I don't think the team will go with a guy like STAT or Villanueva over West, and I don't see much else being available.

Of course, if someone makes an astronomical offer to Marjanovic, he shouldn't be back. But barring that, he should. It's not rocket science.
    As I said, it's not about money. I think even if a team offers a $4M/1 deal, it would be testy. Because it's about opportunity cost. If Manu leaves but Tim stays, then keeping Boban is even more risky because it absolutely relies on young guys holding down the fort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban has had 10 or more minutes 12 times so far this season. Compare and contrast to how bigs coming in under similar cir stances, Splitter and Baynes, were handled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ad hominem means 'of the man.' You aren't arguing against my point but instead that it's me saying it.
    You didn't make a point. You asserted that I said something without backing it up. I said you don't have credibility. If I said that the only reason why you would make that claim is because you didn't like me, then that's an ad homenim. When you make a claim that stands on your credibility, attacking that credibility is on topic. Had you posted evidence, then that would be a different story.

I admit I'm pedantic. Oh well That is another ad hominem. I must have you in a real tizzy. Insecure much? I think it's doubly delicious considering your dropping teleological on TD21. I'm talking to you tautology boy.
    That's also not an ad homenim. Like did you even read the article you posted?

And it wasn't really an attempt at an insult but rather an observation. You tried to tell us that LMA was a pipedream without gutting the roster before and now your telling us we cannot/should not resign Marjonovic.
    The team let go of a near-franchise-record number of players and would have had to let go of more if it weren't for an unanticipated e in the cap. Maybe you plan for random miracles to save your ass, but most of us don't. I have NEVER, EVER, FOREVER NEVER said the team can't resign Boban. They absolutely can. But the opportunity cost is higher than it's ever been for a guy of Marjanovic's caliber. It's not a clear-cut decision.

And I had no issue understand what the term meant. It's a lame name anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, I recall this as well. We are arguing complex issues with multiple contingencies and fronting like your never wrong is just hubris.

God you try so hard. Trying to compensate for something . r/Iamverysmart . Makes me cringe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God you try so hard. Trying to compensate for something . r/Iamverysmart . Makes me cringe.
    Thanks terrence. Thanks for pointing out how you are lazy and find that to be virtuous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're running out of time, Fuzz. My shift ends in less than half an hour.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't gotten enough to have to delete them. And if you want to leave it at that, that's fine. I am willing to agree that you didn't think "add to top eight" meant adding LMA to those eight players to make a new top nine if you agree that people weren't saying that signing LMA was impossible even after dumping Splitter. It's easy to chalk it up to a misunderstand. But it wasn't like people were trying to dismiss you saying the Earth is round.

LMA is playing half of his minutes at center. I imagine West is playing at least that much, but I haven't checked. I'm saying the Spurs will play LMA at the five anyway, since they are doing it now.

I mean, do you really think the Spurs wouldn't keep West and instead go with a min guy to start? Like what would be the difference? They may as well start Cady. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see very few quality min guys this summer, as the rising cap means more money will be available for end-of-rotation guys. I don't think the team will go with a guy like STAT or Villanueva over West, and I don't see much else being available.

As I said, it's not about money. I think even if a team offers a $4M/1 deal, it would be testy. Because it's about opportunity cost. If Manu leaves but Tim stays, then keeping Boban is even more risky because it absolutely relies on young guys holding down the fort.
    All it takes is one. Most (and again, this was not directed at you or this board; it was a general statement) thought they'd have to sacrifice Green, in addition to Splitter. I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but I was one of the few who was steadfast that they'd find a way to keep Green. And it wasn't because I'm as knowledgeable about the cap as you or others, it was because when they want to keep people and they want to stay, they find a way to make it happen.

It might seem like semantics to you and others, but to Aldridge, it clearly matters whether he's the primary starter at center or not. They know this and I believe they have an understanding with him on this.

I wouldn't be surprised if West retires. In your scenario, where he doesn't and stays but Duncan does, I think they'd start Marjanovic over him. Duncan has started next to placeholder centers for a lot of his career, only for the so called third big to play as much or more and for Duncan to serve as the nominal center for the majority of his minutes. I think history would repeat itself.

Duncan and Ginobili are more than likely tethered together at this point and again, I think both will probably be back, which makes this whole thing moot.

Thread Information