Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just what we are needing. Well worth giving up a pick and some third string scrubs, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd certainly help out with our lack of 3-point shooting, but I'm not sure there's any way we could make the salaries work without giving up a rotation player (which I don't see us doing).

Mills/Korver/Manu/Diaw bench unit though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks done. Had two surgeries this offseason and is 35

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much have to trade Mills or Diaw to make the numbers work. Not happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks done. Had two surgeries this offseason and is 35
    Still shooting 39% from 3 on 5 attempts per game while also being a deadly mid-range shooter. Nothing to write home about defensively, but he's serviceable.

His contract is up after next year...he'll probably be done by then. But I think he'd be a solid pickup for the next year and a half. Obviously it comes down to what we'd have to give up though, and like I initially said, I'm not sure the numbers work without having to give up a rotational player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on the cell and couldn't check the salaries. There's no way to match up the salaries giving up 2 or 3 of the highest paid third stringers (Ray, Simmons, Kyle, Bonner, Boban and Butler)?

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is done tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? He's much better from the 3pt line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would we give up though?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would we give up though?
    Some combination of Mills, Diaw, Ginobili or Duncan to make the numbers work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't have 3rd string scrubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't have 3rd string scrubs.
    Not even Manu?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can take in up to 150% of outgoing salaries, IIRC, since we're not a tax paying team. That means the Spurs would need to send out about $3.8m to absorb Korver's $5.7m deal.

You have Butler and Bonner making $1.5m each, McCallum $900k... another option might be Fredette's contract that's still $500k, or Boban who is $1.2m...

I don't even know if we would need to send a pick, since most of the contracts we're sending would be expiring, making them relatively valuable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can take in up to 150% of outgoing salaries, IIRC, since we're not a tax paying team. That means the Spurs would need to send out about $3.8m to absorb Korver's $5.7m deal.

You have Butler and Bonner making $1.5m each, McCallum $900k... another option might be Fredette's contract that's still $500k, or Boban who is $1.2m...

I don't even know if we would need to send a pick, since most of the contracts we're sending would be expiring, making them relatively valuable.
    Thanks scro. Definitely something worth exploring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs are taxpayers, so 125%.

Jimmer was waived, so his contract can't be traded.

Bonner has a virtual no-trade clause.

Not certain, but I believe that Bonner and Butler would only count for the 900k or so that is paid by the Spurs. The portion of their salary reimbursed by the league doesn't count in trade calculations, IIRC. Could be wrong about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this works without trading anyone away from our rotation then by any means go for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody wants a 38 year old pile of bones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better PG than Tony tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much have to trade Mills or Diaw to make the numbers work. Not happening.
    Right - four of the low salary guys (Anderson, Simmons, Bonner, Butler, Bojan, McCallum) don't even get it done - would need to send out five. Never, ever happening. He's not enough of an upgrade to move out Diaw or Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Korver doesn't look nearly as good as he has the past 2 seasons. He's starting to shoot it a little better from deep these past couple weeks, but his season he's really struggled by his standards. He said he had to "reinvent his shot" this year after the slump he's been going through the first half of the season. That plus he's coming off of multiple surgeries this offseason. I'm sure he'd improve in our system but at his price, I don't see it. I think Spurs stand pat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are taxpayers, so 125%.

Jimmer was waived, so his contract can't be traded.

Bonner has a virtual no-trade clause.

Not certain, but I believe that Bonner and Butler would only count for the 900k or so that is paid by the Spurs. The portion of their salary reimbursed by the league doesn't count in trade calculations, IIRC. Could be wrong about that.
    All of this is correct. Spurs would need to aggregate $4.52 Million to get Korver. That's not happening with scrap players. Honestly there's very little point in talking about trading for a role-player making more than like $3.6 Million this year. I'm not suggesting the team trade for Will Barton or anything, but that would be the about as high as they could go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I'd totally give up a first and Bertans for Barton.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difficulties for the Spurs to beat Ws and OKC are on the defense side, not offense side. Add another slow and aged veteran who can't defend is the opposite what they need. Developing young players like Simmons who learns to stay with shooters is the right way to go.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All in for Barton. Goodbye Paddy/Diaw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Barton will be to expensive imo. A lot of teams have inquired about him already apparently. A late 1st-round pick & Bertans or any other Euro-stash would not be enough imo.

Thread Information