Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched this dude few times..He's more like young Tony Allen until further notice ..Rook Kiwi just got way more moves and an incomparably more polished shooting.

Put the brakes on that comparison, Heatfan, please....

Last edited by spursistan; 02-12-2016 at 05:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi had the greatest coach, and shooting coach with a group of veterans that all sacrificed to be together. Winslow has a good group to learn from, but chip and pop are a huge difference maker. And Kawhi was not a great offensive player his rookie year. He was good for a rookie. He did better than expected as he was expected to not contribute much at all.This highlight just shows how much his teammates created for him, as well as his defense to up those offensive statistics. Winslow has said he looks at where Kawhi was, and he wants to emulate his rise to elite player. I think the kid has a good future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookie season comparison..Virtually the same usage, Kawhi blows him out of water in every meaningful metrics..

bit.ly/1SPRrFv

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winslow looking like a bust thus far: 5.7 ppg in 27.8mpg on 41.8 FG; Kawhi shot 49.3 FG his rookie year.

Winsolow's at 7.4 pp36. Jimmer was 14.7 pp36 his rookie year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at that first vid reminds me that the Jazz haven't been to the playoffs since the Spurs swept them in 2012. Lol Jazz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're overthinking it, every rookie that has some defensive potential, is being compared to kawhi, just like ever chucker is being compared to kirby, that doesn't mean they resemble kawhi's game or kirby's sociopathic behaviour

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you're overthinking it, every rookie that has some defensive potential, is being compared to kawhi, just like ever chucker is being compared to kirby, that doesn't mean they resemble kawhi's game or kirby's sociopathic behaviour
    They were selling your .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SEASON TEAM GP GS MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
    '15-'16 5 0 25.8 2.6-6.6 .394 0.4-2.2 .182 1.2-2.0 .600 1.2 3.8 5.0 0.8 0.2 0.8 2.2 0.6 6.8

Damn, his numbers in the Hornets series are even more hideous than reg season..he gotta put some serious work in the summer, but I still wonder if this dude shooting is salvageable......

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Winslow is going to be an amazing 3 and D guy. He has a Jimmy Butler type of ceiling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is definitely no where near rookie Kawhi. Even rookie Kawhi could hit open shots. The Hornets are treating him like Rondo by leaving him wide open on purpose. There was one possession I remember in game 3 where he was wide open for a 3 and he bricked it but the Heat got the offensive rebound and he got another wide open 3 but still bricked it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winslow is going to be an amazing 3 and D guy. He has a Jimmy Butler type of ceiling.
    WTF no man...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like him and people have to stop grading players on the "Kawhi Curve". Kawhi is not the norm. His development was one of the most shocking things I have ever seen for a young player.

Guys like Winslow, Justin Anderson, Butler, etc.. Will take longer (if they ever get there). Kawhi has an insane work ethic and talent level, but it doesn't mean that other young guys are bad and not developing because they didn't become FMVP/DPOY in the first few years.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winslow was never behind Richard Jefferson in the rotation.

Justice >>>>>>>>>> Tony Snell Jr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be lucky to be young tony allen. dude was a beast before his injuries

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about he first becomes a 2 and D guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like him and people have to stop grading players on the "Kawhi Curve". Kawhi is not the norm. His development was one of the most shocking things I have ever seen for a young player.

Guys like Winslow, Justin Anderson, Butler, etc.. Will take longer (if they ever get there). Kawhi has an insane work ethic and talent level, but it doesn't mean that other young guys are bad and not developing because they didn't become FMVP/DPOY in the first few years.
    in fairness, anyone that thought comparing kawhi and winslow in the draft process was a good idea, should be laughed at. i mean just by wingspan alone, you know that there can be no comparison.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Winslow was never behind Richard Jefferson in the rotation.

Justice >>>>>>>>>> Tony Snell Jr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about he first becomes a 2 and D guy?
    yep..He is still pretty young though..i want' to give him this off-season to see whether he put work into his game; otherwise, we are maybe looking at Iman Shumpert/ Tony Allen 2.0 best case (his defensive chops are legit, tbh).

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already posted that this guy is too skinny to be compared to kawhi. Maybe small arms and no big hands.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was also one of the best slashers in the league his rookie season. I've always said this comparison was bogus from the start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump..

still can't shoot for ..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Bump..

still can't shoot for ..

Seems like he makes everything against the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might be the worst shooter in the league with that much usage ... (0-9 tonight )

Somehow regressed in his sop re year..I think Winslow/Smart/MKG will end-up more like Tony Allen type players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was a good shooter since game 1 of his NBA career.

It's evident he only needed minor tweeks on his form ( england confirmed this)..these s have been struggling to shoot the last two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was a good shooter since game 1 of his NBA career.

It's evident he only needed minor tweeks on his form ( england confirmed this)..these s have been struggling to shoot the last two years.
    Winslow form in particular is ugly as sin..Dude is shooting 21.6% on pull-up jumpers and 22.1% on catch and shoot..just an abomination..

Thread Information