Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember in '07 when they were the 3 seed and curb-stomped Phoenix who was the 1. I think Tim, Tony, and Manu averaged something like a combined 70 points per game in that season.

Meh... said "season", meant "series". In before the corrections.

For the season, they averaged a paltry 55 PPG. Kawhi, LMA, and Pau are actually averaging 55 PPG this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring back Horry for another hip check?

You know, that's a pretty good point. Horry was a unique player, and played a big part in that Championship. Same could be said for Diaw in '14 - unique skill set, and made the difference in that post-season and Championship. Who have we got on the roster like that now? Kawhi is great, but I'm not talking about a core starter. The only name that comes to mind for me is Manu. Maybe this will be his swan song.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, that's a pretty good point. Horry was a unique player, and played a big part in that Championship. Same could be said for Diaw in '14 - unique skill set, and made the difference in that post-season and Championship. Who have we got on the roster like that now? Kawhi is great, but I'm not talking about a core starter. The only name that comes to mind for me is Manu. Maybe this will be his swan song.
    I think lee will be great for us in the playoffs

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't have the dogs we had on those 2003, 2005, 2007 teams that weren't necessarily our most talented players or best scorers but were willing to stick their ass in the middle and up to help us win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy but lee turned the '15 finals in the warriors favor when he got to play.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy but lee turned the '15 finals in the warriors favor when he got to play.
    Yes, I remember. The meat cleavers were cleaving it up until Lee showed up and all of a sudden the dublets figured 'em out just like we figured out ISIS. not so in 2016

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same guy that came to mind for me

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't care about what seed they are, Spurs are getting worse as the playoffs approach. Sad!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't care about what seed they are, Spurs are getting worse as the playoffs approach. Sad!

It's easy to forget that the Spurs have had some injuries. I don't think they are worse than they were earlier in the season. I don't see them as any better, but I don't think they are any worse.

But if they are just as good as they were for the first 50 or so games? That was good enough to rack up a pretty gaudy record. And the other two early contenders are struggling. Houston has moved into a fourth contender spot, but I wouldn't call them better than either of other three (SA, GSW, CLE). They are vulnerable, but so is everyone else. I don't think that ANY other team in the league is honestly looking forward to meeting them in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iggy more so but him possibly to an extent you could say as well. The Iggy move though was huge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gee maybe this had something to do with the *great and powerful* Golden State Wubbies 2015 Finals win?

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/06/05/c...leg-injury.ap/
    Cavs lose Game 1 of Finals, Kyrie Irving to injury

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gee maybe this had something to do with the *great and powerful* Golden State Wubbies 2015 Finals win?

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/06/05/c...leg-injury.ap/
    Cavs lose Game 1 of Finals, Kyrie Irving to injury
    Yup. Don't forget that it was basically LeBron against the Dubs in the 2015 Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have never won as le as less than a 1 seed when the 1 seed has won a le before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have never won as le as less than a 1 seed when the 1 seed has won a le before.
    Could you give a working example of this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could you give a working example of this?

It means that Phoenix and Dallas ('05 and '07) had the best regular season records, but didn't know how to get it done in the playoffs. And he's saying that GSW has been there before, and won the Championship, so they will be tougher to knock off than Phoenix or Dallas were when they were the 1 seeds. And there's probably some truth to that.

Except that if Dallas somehow managed to compile the best regular season record, I'm not sure their winning a championship in the past would help them - especially since Cuban blew up that team after the Finals. They wouldn't have anyone on the roster who has experience winning in the playoffs. You have to wonder if GSW's experience - beating CLE without Kyrie, and then getting their asses kicked the next year when he was healthy, would help them all that much.

Thread Information